Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback Thread: GUI Changes

Thumbs up

Didn't have too much time to check things up.. lag-monster hit me.. and hard.. like 2 minute delays etc.

But what I did have time to check, planet map first since it was already left open last time I logged.. I like it. Didn't check it "on the go", but I'd presume you can now handle it just like any other window, e.g. move it into a tab in inventory/chat window if you wanted etc. It might need some fine-tuning, still, though.. like those above-mentioned problems (not saving its position, ..)

Then I checked the new skill window.. my opinion is "awesome". I didn't use to run around skill "window" open, so it being slow/laggy or blocking the view doesn't matter. Especially "details on" is pure thumbs up stuff now, I hated to shift-click on each skill I wanted to know the details on. Again, skills window might need some fine-tuning still, like adjusting font sizes and various colors for better contrast/readability.

The skill window welcomes you with some general info, including the piece that the suggested IP distribution would be available to level 20.. Well, my level 100 fixer had it showing and it seemed to work (though didn't distribute anything since had too few IPs to spend). Did I misundertood something or was that a bug?

About at that point I tried to go out a OA by and finally noticed that the other fixer there had been doing a single nano all that time... maaajooor lag.

Gotta return to reporting things once I can test some more ^^

P.S. Give the dude(s)/dudette(s) that fixed the opi shoulder pads a nice bonus in salary. They did what many another dev/PR/whatnot had said was pretty much equal to impossible.

LOL....As always FC needs a patch to fix a patch....we all know that...been this way for years.

allow me to resize this window please for the love of god! its way too big right now and takes up over 40% of my screen!!! Please allow me to scale this monstrosity on a diagonal setting i can only run 1024*728 max on this monitor.
    Last edited by Firestorm; Aug 29th, 2006 at 16:45:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Idoru View Post
    And the new planetmap screen is too cluttered with that stupid bar at the bottom
    They are toggleable in the context menu (the 'i' in the top left)
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Still no map nav warning? lol

I'm rather astonished that you guys reworded all the skill descriptions and again neglected to mention map nav is unresettable.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

I have to voice my disapproval of at least 2 things in the new patch..

1: The new IP distribution. There was nothing wrong with the old layout why change it?
    2: The Planetmap changes. Why remove the icons from the buttons and use words instead.

This is all i have found a dislike for at the moment, but not happy so far.
    Donikarv - 220/28 Trader
    Bitsa - 220/30 Engineer
    Limpweapon - 220/24 Bureaucrat
    Chunkymeta - 214/21 Metaphysicist

+ another 20 or so other alts

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    They are toggleable in the context menu (the 'i' in the top left)
    Based on the whining in this thread, and me not being at home to patch, can I assume that FC ignored the many requests to make several things be toggleable, in particular, the mouse scroll wheel behavior? If that is the case, I am truly disappointed in FCs disregard for the users wishes, simple as that.

i like the planetmap "center on player", i like it when the map follows meh

The planetmap now FADES! And you can dock it in the sidebar... I like Still wtb scrollbars being toggleable
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Wtb old skill window (in crowded area whole AO is freezing when i open it, and trust me im opening it A LOT)

Plz get rid of this Blizzard_like_scroll_zooming, its just annoying.

Thx in advance.

I like the idea of blue names for quest NPCs, small change but can be very helpful

ok, i will take back anything i said about the map...

i just docked it in sidebar and it works AWESOME
    it follows me, so i can just ctrl-6 and shift-p to switch from local to planet map and they behave about the same <3

very sweet

only thing i am still trying to get used to is the wheel-zoom, which IMHO should be tied to ctrl+wheel instead or be entirely optional

i am liking this new changes, maybe they only need some little fixing

It's cool how people didn't read the patchnotes and are now complaining because they can't figure out what it said plainly in them

Also, check your clients for write protect status. I have no problems getting the map window and skill window to remember their settings. I did on my test client which is for whatever reason set to writeprotect that I can't remove, and I'm even the admin user... who the hell knows, friggin windows.

There's the little lag. There's the slight annoyance with the map window doing the back-to-upper-left-corner when you reopen it, but the overall functionality of the dragging and zooming are so much better than the old one. Try to actually check it out before whining.

The SL GUI was always clunky. The window borders are way too massive and the weird filler that's all over makes no sense. I personally have it all disabled and use Misat0's skin. But it does nothing to combat the absurd window borders and the minimized version is too small.

In regards to the skill window, the lag is annoying. It has a little functionality above the old one, but stuff like being able to show 2 skills at once would have made it a very useful change rather than just cosmetic...

Scroll wheel works normal for the sidebar when you hold it over it, I see little change there.. but then again I have most the normal-use windows (map/friendslist) undocked and only have NCU & info window open normally... team window once in awhile.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Ok, looked more closely to the IP window.

My 0.02 on making it better:
    -Ppl say, bigger text... Ranged uses the highest number of lines, not sure about bigger font/controls. So, no
    -Then again, maybe shave the upper part "1 line", this in relation to the next suggestions...

Ok, this might be -too detailed- in detailed view, but still:
    -You have "buffed skill" and "max skill allowed". A little confusing as the Max is based on naked, no buff state. It could either be even more detailed or tell us the current max from buff. So a skill buffed by 20 from imps wouldn't read 130/150/134 but 130/150/154.
    -You could change it to: Base Skill, Max Base skill allowed, Buffs from Items, Imps/Symbs (total not counting base/base max), Buffs from NanoPrograms (total not counting base/base max/items), Current max skill allowed ((total max allowed + buff items + buff NanoPrg + trickle, don't need to know how much trickle))
    -Can't see what to change in the rightmost column.

edit: changed it a little.
    Last edited by Makabey; Aug 29th, 2006 at 17:23:37.

BUMP for option to change map window buttons (zoom in/out, character, mission, & shop) to small icons, and/or hide them completely.

They currently take up far too much space on the screen.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

I like planet map changes, but cant realy see a point in removing small functional navigation buttons and putting those big buttons with words... seriously i realize simplicity is best when it comes to making any GUI, but those buttons are so god damn huge we pretty much lose the benefit of having planetmap docked in sidebar

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    BUMP for option to change map window buttons (zoom in/out, character, mission, & shop) to small icons, or hide them completely.

They currently take up far too much space on the screen.
    You can hide them already Just click [i] on map, you can hide all the buttons and do all navigation stuff from there.

Thanks for the constructive feedback. And the pointer, very clever. But I have come to not expect much better here.
    I used to be a brunette until that unfortunate, 50 million credit 'accident' with the Surgery Clinique.

Why lecture people when you could've just opened your eyes in the first place
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I Liked:
    - The functionality of the new Planetmap, as I don't have to recenter it constantly anymore.
    - I actually kinda like the new skill window, as it lists the skill's information already in the window, and it makes it a lot easier to look up skill dependencies for trickle.

I Disliked:
    - For goodness sake, PLEASE make the zoom scroll optional or maybe activate with a hotkey like maybe Ctrl. I know the sidebar still scrolls if the mouse is over it, but it makes everything take a lot longer for those of us who make use of it.
    - IP resets are a bit less intuitive now, and it's really rather a pain not to know for sure how many IP resets are left. What are we supposed to do, /petition every time we want to find out? I'm sure the ARKs will appreciate that. </sarcasm>
    - The undocked Planetmap, when resized, develops large areas of completely unused space, which is rather annoying. In order to make efficient use of space, I now have to make it as small as possible or dock it.
    - *EDIT* When docked, the Planetmap also makes it very difficult to scroll the sidebar with the mousewheel because it has a large scroll area and the mouse must be on top of the sidebar in order to scroll. This is yet another reason why the mousewheel zoom should be optional.
    Last edited by Tremeaus; Aug 29th, 2006 at 17:35:34. Reason: Additional thoughts

I dont like it, i want the old one back.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast