Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback Thread: GUI Changes

I like the new skill interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Telcea View Post
    IPR's are viewable by ticking them in the i menu at the top left. No whines about that please
    Can you see how many you have left?

WTS : Mouse zoom feature and skills window.

The mouse wheel zoom thing needs an option to turn it off. It's hateful.

The skills window just isnt that nice.. the functionality looks fine, but tbh its not that clear. For example - colours of skills - the old version had big areas of colours that were essentially the bars that showed how hard or easy it was to raise that skill. Now its in the skill name. On my pc I have a big monitor and use quite small fonts so it's harder to see the differences in the colours. What about incorporating the old coloured bars into the new skill window? Or grading the skills from 1-5 or whatever according to how expensive they are to train?

Actually it would be nice to have both as then you could see clearly the colour of the skill as before, but then you could also see how expensive it would be to train skills that you havent yet and as such have no coloured level bar.

Secondly, I think that IPRs need to be less hidden than they are now. The old system of clicking a button then clicking the resultant icon on the skill you want to reset worked well - confirmation box so that you dont bork it up and all! Putting something like that on the new window would be better.

All in all it just make it easier to read and a bit clearer.

Thankies
    John 'Schwad' Shaft - 220 Omni Doc (ph34r t3h 4fr0!) Schwad's Shiznit
    Mike 'Frobius' Oxlong - 217 Omni Soldier, Chocolate Milkman and layabout. Back from the dead!! Fro's Shiznit
    Captain 'Malfeasance' Ooonagi - Malfeasance / n. - evil crat...
    'Hlepgnak' - Some random trader..

General of Hells Heroes - Pwning for phatz!

EMOTUTORIAL!!!

The infinite is possible at Zombo Com!!!

Omgzzz l33t!!

what do those of us who use the mouse wheel to scroll the docked windows do now?
    A: gotta take the time to move my mouse and scroll it purposely, which takes up too much time, besides which i rarely use the zoom +/- on my num pad anyway!!

the new skills layout is pretty cool, if like me you still haven't memorised which attribs trickle down to which skills it can be pretty useful, also not seeing the amount of points you've spent in a single skill can be pretty annoying, maybe the number over the bar or somthing?

didn't notice the map changes, since i pretty much knew where i was and where i wanted to go so didn't touch the map.

the 'you've just dinged' icon isn't really in touch with the gui as a whole, and looks totally out of place, i haven't seen the new perk icon yet..

9/10 for effort though, looks like there has been some real brainstorming with the new additions, getting everything a little more self explanetory for noobs

Instead of whining about how the old gui was better and wanting the old gui back, which is __never__ gonna happen anyways, try being a bit constructive and suggest ways to actually make the new gui elements do what you want them to do.
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

Quote Originally Posted by dellinda View Post
    Can you see how many you have left?
    I 'think' you can, though I didn't really pay much attention to my IPR's other than seeing they were viewable
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Sorry i don't have time to read the whole thread.

I hate the new Planet map... please bring the old one back, or at least make the buttons smaller!! (like the old icons)

Make an option to turn off the scroll wheel zooming in..

I don't really like the new skills menu either, but i can live with it..
    but the planet map is made slightly wider with the buttons so it ruins my view
    main characters on RK1: Kingduck138 220 Engi Mongoose135 170 Agent Nnivekccub 165 Engi Kingduck135 170 Soldier Mongoose831 160 Agent Healdocheal 150 Doc Atroxshade 130 Shade Nanottwink 130 NT Mongoose144 125 Agent Ducktroxjr 117 Fixer Eternalguard 65 Enf Boringname 61 Fixer Kingduck139 60 Eng Atheist 60 MA Mongoose142 30 DocMongoose138 15 Agent Mongoose141 21 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Khalem View Post
    Instead of whining about how the old gui was better and wanting the old gui back, which is __never__ gonna happen anyways, try being a bit constructive and suggest ways to actually make the new gui elements do what you want them to do.
    See my last!
    Mike 'Frobius' Oxlong - 217 Omni Soldier, Chocolate Milkman and layabout. Back from the dead!! Fro's Shiznit

EMOTUTORIAL!!!

Omgzzz l33t!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    Got news for you...they will never give the option to switch back. This patch finally eliminates the last remants of the old GUI. People have been asking for option to use old GUI ever since SL when the new GUI changes started trickling in. You might as well get used to it, because they ain't gonna support 2 GUI's
    what's the point in having a feedback tread if they aint gonna sort it out then.

The desciption for Full Auto skill is bugged or wrong text .. it's the same as bow special attack... might be more there .. hadn't time to check all before the downtime
    Nobody is perfect, I'm Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Schwad View Post
    For example - colours of skills - the old version had big areas of colours that were essentially the bars that showed how hard or easy it was to raise that skill. Now its in the skill name. On my pc I have a big monitor and use quite small fonts so it's harder to see the differences in the colours. What about incorporating the old coloured bars into the new skill window?
    Agreed. Keep skill names colored, that's fine, but I don't see why the bars can't remain colored as well. It was much easier to discern skill colors when the entire bars were colored.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by Schwad View Post
    See my last!
    Was not aimed at anyone in particular
    Just the general "im afraid of change since change can only be bad" crowd.
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

Quote Originally Posted by radma View Post
    what's the point in having a feedback tread if they aint gonna sort it out then.
    huh? No one said you can't suggest improvements, but trying to get the old GUI back just ain't gonna happen no matter how much you post about it.

exactly!
    Last edited by Vlain; Aug 29th, 2006 at 18:35:26.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by radma View Post
    To make us think they care
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    what do those of us who use the mouse wheel to scroll the docked windows do now?
    Cry.

the 'you've just dinged' icon isn't really in touch with the gui as a whole, and looks totally out of place, i haven't seen the new perk icon yet.
    It's same size and style as the New IP one, and I agree that it doesn't seem to fit in with the other things. But as I *immediately* turned those two options off, I think I will just pretend I never saw them.

9/10 for effort though, looks like there has been some real brainstorming with the new additions, getting everything a little more self explanetory for noobs
    I know that when I was a noob, this would have been a godsend. Those of us who have been playing for a while tend to forget, I think, but the skillset in AO is *immensely* complicated. I recently had occasion to introduce a RL friend to AO and sitting beside her while she floundered, trying to explain to her how skills and attributes were related, helping her figure out which skills she should raise -- it was a very enlightening experience.

I think the new look and even the "suggested IP" (to which I will never pay one iota of attention) are vast improvements.

The colour bar for skill is a MUST. Ppl need to know which skills are cheaper to invest IPs in.
    Nobody is perfect, I'm Nobody

Make a poll how much ppl so/don't like it
    Hygyeia 220/30/70 doc damage/defence
    Ankaria 220/30/70 sold damage/defence
    Nuklea 165/17/42 nt
    Mercenaries

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    We all play WoW? You go too far Kaitlain...this was insulting. You are Hello-Kitty Online's customer of the month...it's true...they told me.

Quote Originally Posted by Telcea View Post
    I 'think' you can, though I didn't really pay much attention to my IPR's other than seeing they were viewable
    I hpoe so.

Aside from that issue, in general I approve of moving them. Maybe not having them staring you in the face every time you level will prevent the noobs from using them before anyone has a chance to explain to them how precious they are.

Was not aimed at anyone in particular
    Just the general "im afraid of change since change can only be bad" crowd.
    Yeah I can see what you mean. "It's not immediately perfect so it must be bad!! zomg1111seventeenpointthree!!1"

I doubt for a second they will bring the old GUI back - as previously alluded to, the skills window was one of the last major parts of the old pre-SL GUI and I doubt they are going to keep it.

Post on how people think that what is there should be changed to suit better are undoubtedly going to reap faster and better results than the cries of "zomfg j00 all suck!".

EMOTUTORIAL!!!

Omgzzz l33t!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    Agreed. Keep skill names colored, that's fine, but I don't see why the bars can't remain colored as well. It was much easier to discern skill colors when the entire bars were colored.
    Lemme add my voice to this, FC, have pity on those of us with high resolutions. I don't wanna have to get that close to my monitor -- then I can see how dirty it is and I might have to stop playing AO and clean my house.

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast