Thread: New Engie GL

New Engie GL

Was just looking through the database changes and stumbled upon this little dandy. At first glance, the speed and damage seem mediocre at best, but then we see the on-hit effect. With 1.3k Chemistry, if I'm reading this right, you have a 60% chance to reduce the target's ACs by 10k. With Decon on top of that, our pets might actually hit SL mobs for above minimum damage!

Also looks great for teams and raids. +1k potential damage per hit ain't bad at all.

Anyone else have any thoughts about this? Might not be great DD for us personally, but it looks like the damage might be made up by the added damage our pets will do. Anyway, seems like something a Bacam user might want to keep in their inventory.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

already has been discussed on engy forums i think

You have to land the proc 20 times before it's -10K ACs. Rather useless, except perhaps on certain raid mobs.
    Rustybolts, 220 Supreme Creator
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

On the engie forum your prof stated that the trader one can go up to -10k ac, the engie one up to -5k. Its not a straight forward debuff, its a -500 AC debuff that stacks with itself.

So if you cap it at 1.5/1.5, each cycle takes 3 seconds and has up to a 60% chance to land the next lvl of debuff - it will take 10 procs for an engie to reach -5k, so it will take a little time to be effective.

Useful in some specific instances though - especially if one had several traders/engies hitting at once.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Final version of the item in DB seems that engi gun can also do -10K based on how I read it Sobe.
    Rustybolts, 220 Supreme Creator
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

Hmm... well, depending on the AC duration and whether you can self your bacam, it might be useful to swap to this until it lands on a really tough mob (Merc, etc.), then swap back for damage.

(Really just trying to find something positive with this patch, lol!)
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.