Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is this??

Exclamation what is this??

after patching something entirely new popped up on my firewall under a aoclient exe labeled "Nexon Mabinogi"

Even while not on AO my CPU started goin crazy. Someone in the know please tell me what this is, as its never shown up before and not only clueless as to what it is, somewhat worried bout it
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

Quote Originally Posted by zenwon View Post
    after patching something entirely new popped up on my firewall under a aoclient exe labeled "Nexon Mabinogi"

Even while not on AO my CPU started goin crazy. Someone in the know please tell me what this is, as its never shown up before and not only clueless as to what it is, somewhat worried bout it
    Id find that program and remove it and change passwords on your account
    What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

hmm still freakin Ive lost my HD 4 times on this friggin pooter, and have been twinking my firewall like mad ever since patch. Friggin norton
    Well Duh lol.

Zen.

Norton/Symantec is not your friend. Theres a reason why its dubbed "the yellow plague".
    ಠ_ಠ

According to that I should trash my legally bought and good working so far Norton along with my ATI graphic card just to play AO?
    What is next? Buy new TFT because Phillips isnt working with AO? Maybe get completely new PC so AO can run smoothly on "insert compatible with AO brand here"?

I mean really

I had an orgm8 ask me about that prog after he patched too, his firewall blocked it, but couldnt get into AO until he unblocked that prog. New background file maybeh

huh? Folks it just Norton assigning a LABEL to the filename when it popsup and asks if you want to allow it access. If the LABEL wasn't there it would just say client.exe. You could probably edit the data in Norton to remove that label, then it wouldn't be quite so confusing. It's not another program, it's just a stupid firewall program assigning a LABEL to the AO executable.

Try use clicjksaver + AO with an Agnitum Outpost Firewall, you'll never get in due to clicksaver altering running processes... You have to live with these things :/

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Actually i just tried contacting norton about that and they have absolutely nothing under nexon mabinogi nor is it under their terms a "false positive" so I dont know what to do bout it.

As for clicksaver I tried using after patch(skipped updating it hope this is what caused it) and nothing showed up on rolling for missions. Completely blank
    Well Duh lol.

Zen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    According to that I should trash my legally bought and good working so far Norton along with my ATI graphic card just to play AO?
    What is next? Buy new TFT because Phillips isnt working with AO? Maybe get completely new PC so AO can run smoothly on "insert compatible with AO brand here"?

I mean really
    Just because it's legally bought and you believe it is good working, does not mean it is good working. AO cannot cater to an outside program. It is the virus scanner's fault, therefore there is something wrong with the virus scanner. Norton is well known for not being good anymore.

Put it this way: if I write a sentence that is perfectly grammatical and contains no spelling mistakes, and you (as my editor) then come behind me and say I have made an error, should I be expected to change something or tell you to go back to school because you suck at editing? Well, Norton is the editor in this case

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Try use clicjksaver + AO with an Agnitum Outpost Firewall, you'll never get in due to clicksaver altering running processes... You have to live with these things :/
    Using clicksaver with Outpost all the time, no problems at all. Check your settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Valvs View Post
    Using clicksaver with Outpost all the time, no problems at all. Check your settings.
    My security is pretty tight, everything is locked down unless I implicitly allow it. It's just sucka that even with giving Clicksaver + AO_Client full and raw access it still kept on bailing. It makes no difference now as my pc p0xed and I re-installed everything with the latest version but haven't checked since.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly View Post
    Put it this way: if I write a sentence that is perfectly grammatical and contains no spelling mistakes, and you (as my editor) then come behind me and say I have made an error, should I be expected to change something or tell you to go back to school because you suck at editing? Well, Norton is the editor in this case
    Sorry but this paragraph contains errors!!1 if I write a sentence that is perfectly grammatical and contains no spelling mistakes - that sentence structure is horrible, rather use if I write a sentence that has perfect grammatical structure and contains no spelling mistakes

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    My security is pretty tight, everything is locked down unless I implicitly allow it.
    Same here. Still, I have no problems. Don't know why.

Sorry but this paragraph contains errors!!1 if I write a sentence that is perfectly grammatical and contains no spelling mistakes - that sentence structure is horrible, rather use if I write a sentence that has perfect grammatical structure and contains no spelling mistakes
    Go back to school! You suck at editing because your sentence doesn't have correct punctuation.

I recommend Avast for a good, free virus scanner. I've only had one false positive with them, and it was corrected the next day.

p.s. I am back in school. If anyone feels the need to edit me, they should consider offering me free tutoring.
    Last edited by Arimathea; Aug 29th, 2006 at 20:34:18.
    Nezhinau 220/23 Engineer
    Building QL 300 Mutated AI Crabs Omnified with 5 gems!
    Also: 220 MA, 220 Crat, 167 Fixer, 155 MP, Dr. Toot

Norton is garbage. 90% of the problems I have ever encountered on anyone's PC that runs Norton/Symantec products have been solved, at least in part, by removing said products.

If you're having a Norton/Symantec-related problem, uninstall all norton/symantec problems, and then use the extra uninstaller at www.symantec.com.

Install AVG Free antivirus from free.grisoft.com .
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

norton is essentaly poo, pressed and painted to look like a CD.
    mcafee is not far behind.

zonealarm FTW.
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

*eats sols's face*

eerrrr...*whistles innocently*
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Arimathea View Post
    Go back to school! You suck at editing because your sentence doesn't have correct punctuation.

I recommend Avast for a good, free virus scanner. I've only had one false positive with them, and it was corrected the next day.

p.s. I am back in school. If anyone feels the need to edit me, they should consider offering me free tutoring.
    Did your English teacher neglect to inform you that contractions are not to be used is writing?! And btw, the sentence that I was quoting etc had no use for punctuation...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Get rid of notron, but ATI is teh pwnz0rz. Using a radeon 9250 and my AO seems to run smoother than most of the whiners on the forum

Nod 32 ftw \o/
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast