Thread: New versions of Merlin/Bellum Cloaks

New versions of Merlin/Bellum Cloaks

Can we confirm that these will be rewards for the new Inf quests? If so, any idea which quest it is and where to get it, or if there are any prerequisite quests?

Just curious, because I was getting myself ready to shell out 40m+ for my Overcoat of the Firmament and I'm very happy to see a quest for it now
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

!

people being able to do the quest will most likely be the people that can already solo uniques for it. However you wont have the problem with drop rate and other people camping YOUR stuff then

Hehe, yeah... that's another consideration. As a 207 Engie who can't solo a "Much Higher Than You" Dragon boss, I was hoping the quest would be a little easier.

Plus, you know it'll drop and be the cloak with the mission

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

So, now that the patch has been out for a while.... anyone finished a quest with a special item reward? All I've gotten is the lamp from the guy by the portal. Basically a spikey floating torch.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

I have this sneaking su****ion that the loot table of the dragon/hiathlin bosses has been adjusted to only drop the nodrop versions now, meaning that anyone who wants to wear it has to camp his own set. PLEASE can anyone disprove that?
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

If it's anything like the Personalized MBC, I'm guessing you have to add an item to the Merlin/Badonis armor to make it NODROP as well.

Of course what would be the point of that? Inflate market values?

Quote Originally Posted by malewerecat View Post
    If it's anything like the Personalized MBC, I'm guessing you have to add an item to the Merlin/Badonis armor to make it NODROP as well.

Of course what would be the point of that? Inflate market values?
    i dont see any items in db that would do that and mbc isnt used in any tradeskill process

Well the item to personalize the lockpick is already there, maybe it is connected with that in some way.

mbc is used in zero tradeskill processes....... cant say anything for bellum/merlin and the few otehr inf things but im guessing its the same

I haven't actually gotten around to do any of the inf quests yet (nerf the downtimes) but I imagine that the quest will be harder than killing the mobs drop the regular versions. However you should be able to gather a team who all has the quest and then go through it and all get the reward in the end...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoleet View Post
    I have this sneaking su****ion that the loot table of the dragon/hiathlin bosses has been adjusted to only drop the nodrop versions now, meaning that anyone who wants to wear it has to camp his own set. PLEASE can anyone disprove that?
    1. Both versions are in DB
    2. Silirrion mentioned (pre-patch) that no loot in inferno has been changed - see point 1.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Ganiscol View Post
    2. Silirrion mentioned (pre-patch) that no loot in inferno has been changed - see point 1.
    The devs mentioned a lot of things pre any former patch, some of which was proven false afterwards - hence my request for confirmation. (besides, the bosses would still drop bellum, so nothing has really changed.. except that it's the new nodrop version. Truth is stretchable..)
    Has anyone who reads here looted a bellum or merlin armor part from the bosses since patch, and did it have a nodrop flag?
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganiscol View Post
    Yup

I did say that, and its still true.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Someone I talked to looted an original Moon Watcher helmet just before the server crash, so afaik loot tables are as they were. I never get any drops in SL ever, so I can't say I've got firsthand experience

Yep, killed a dragon and got a regular pair of droppable gloves.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

The only armour pieces of Bellum/Merlin that have NODROP counterparts are the Cloaks & Shoulderpads. The remaining pieces are still not nodrop as in prior patches. And to confirm that "regular" items still drop off the same mobs, an orgmate looted an MBC (wasn't NODROP) yesterday off Afreet.
    Ryph, Enforcer, Godfather of Underworld
    Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
    Explorer 86% Socializer 66% Achiever 26% Killer 26%

hg

Nerf Mamman luck!
    Eluisa, 220 Doctor of Dewm!
    Cherries, 220 Shade of Bewbs!
    Lidan 190 Martial Artist of Nano!
    Mefesto, 183 Enforcer of Flab!
    Catti, 163 Crat of Hecknoob!

General of Paradise