Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: discuss ...

Yeah, they have socialized medicine, same as Canada... but it isn't all it's cracked up to be. Some of my family lives in Canada and it took them 4 months to get their baby a doctor's appointment.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomicfists View Post
    LOL. People are so funny. To complain about such petty things when so much more is wrong with the world then who pays more. World Wars have started over things like this, be civil about it all.
    I wonder if you would say that if you were the one paying more

not democracy yet... though it's only time until Tony Blair runs for president and we ALL kow how "free" America is.. sorry but i have ZERO respect for a country that holds their founding pholosophies on a pedestal then goes around and for the past several hundred years have urinated on not only the natives of their country but have meddled and forced their views on half the kown world and, with a little help from the olld USSR managed to completely fubar half of the third-world (yeah, i know brit history is just as bad,... can you say aparteid? Concentration camps? more i know, just too depressing to list it.)
    RK2 - Allyssa Iamiko Mckellan - Solitus Engineer
    RK2 - James Winterice Lavitae - Opifex Fixer
    RK2 - Sonata Tysora Metaphysica - Solitus Meta-Physicist
    RK2 - Shieldmaiden Kysarra Dlaniar - Solitus Enforcer
    "Semper·in·fæcibvs·svmvm, sole·profvndvm·variat."

Quote Originally Posted by Iamiko View Post
    all governments suck! End of story!
    I could sit here and argue with you all day man but that statement I agree with
    220/18 Soldier
    Proud member of Peace $ Love, Inc.
    First male solitus soldier to solo 219-220 on Inf med missions
    Retired until FC realizes that Assault rifles with full auto capacity do WAY more damage than pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Atomicfists View Post
    Hmmm. I guess all you have is "God Bless the Queen". What exactly does a Queen do anyway? I mean, don't you have a democracy not a theocracy?
    She sits on her ass all day, while her children go around causing scandals.
    The queen doesn't actually do anything, nation-wise that I know of, but she has the power to if needed.. I think we should have a russian style revolution and overthrow the royal family.
    Plus, last time I checked its called monarchism, could be wrong though since we have a royal family AND a "working as intended" government.

Mmmm, was sleep-fogged last night. A theocracy would be if the church ran the country if i remember my Civilisations games correctly....
    RK2 - Allyssa Iamiko Mckellan - Solitus Engineer
    RK2 - James Winterice Lavitae - Opifex Fixer
    RK2 - Sonata Tysora Metaphysica - Solitus Meta-Physicist
    RK2 - Shieldmaiden Kysarra Dlaniar - Solitus Enforcer
    "Semper·in·fæcibvs·svmvm, sole·profvndvm·variat."

is this in any kind of connection vit 16.3 patch? did I miss something?
    Proud member of Czech Anarchy http://ao.pat.cz

Paja - soldier - 220/30 Equip || Pajatrader - trader - 220/30 Equip || Koprak - keeper - 220/30 Equip || Pajja - doctor - 220/30 Equip

And it does affect us.. called the exchange rate taking a nose-dive due to everyone hating USA for driving oil prices through the roof.
    You may want to talk to China about that. Seems like they might just be eating up a bit of oil causing demand to outstrip supply.

Nah we are meant to live in a democracy here in the UK however there is a few points.

1. Who ever gets voted in never listens to the people anyway.
    2. The goverment are the only people who actually think America is our friend.
    3. The queen is there to rob visitors of there money for coming to London (one of the most dirty, filthy, scum wridden city`s on the planet)
    4. God save the queen due to 3
    5. The UK is now so apatheic on politics due to issue 1 above, hence there will be no change.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
    Last edited by Fruitynuts; Aug 30th, 2006 at 14:18:23.

not democracy yet... though it's only time until Tony Blair runs for president and we ALL kow how "free" America is.. sorry but i have ZERO respect for a country that holds their founding pholosophies on a pedestal then goes around and for the past several hundred years have urinated on not only the natives of their country but have meddled and forced their views on half the kown world and, with a little help from the olld USSR managed to completely fubar half of the third-world (yeah, i know brit history is just as bad,... can you say aparteid? Concentration camps? more i know, just too depressing to list it.)

For the record, prior to the 20th century the United States was very isolationist. You could easily make the argument that we were isolationist up until the Cold War, seeing as we were late to the party for our allies both in WWI in WWII. Why was this the case? I guess we were too busy oppressing the people that were here first to get involved overseas.

I will say that I as an American, I am rather tired of hearing about "freedom" and the "founding fathers" of our nation. These have become annoying buzzwords on the level that the prefix "cyber-" became for me about 5-10 years ago. This particularly irks me when this sort of thing is done to promote an agenda whose connection to freedom or to the Continental Congress is shaky at best.

Actually its 28% + VAT. (another+15%)

Then maybe you should consider another game. O wait. Its the same there, you will still have to pay more because of exchange rates and VAT tax.

Your taking the fight up with the wrong people. Funcom has no effect on the value of your countries currency.

We should be allowed to choose what currancy to pay with, $ or euro..
    Atlantean:
    Crimsor lvl 220/14 Nanomage Doc (clan) - Active
    Pung lvl 215/13 Atrox MP (clan) - Gone
    Badorde lvl 205/6 Atrox Adv - Semi-active

Quote Originally Posted by SupaMac
    Also if you are melee you get the irony of being an axe wielding tree. What was Funcom thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Asomadus View Post
    And when the exchange rate goes the other way then you guys will be paying less than the US. The door swings both ways
    The dollar has never been of higher value than the Euro since the latter was introduced, and from the economic development prospect, it never will - at least not in a timeframe that AO will continue to exist. So, in fact, the non-US customers are shafted on a big scale.
    Fun thing is, I pay one of my two accounts via credit card, I'm billed in dollars, but because my account is registered to a german address, I pay the dollar value of the euro price (19,15 USD on the last bill). Thank goodness my card provider at least doesn't add any conversion fees.
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12