Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where is the sk from rk missions!?

bump for clearer comments from the manufacturer..

Quote Originally Posted by Labelslave View Post
    No, it's not worth fussing about, but it's a great lesson in how unclear statements easilly get misinterpreted.
    confusion could have been simply made by saying..."and no, this doesn't mean you'll get sk on rk"

No but neither does he state the opposite.

Darkbane, others, follow me here. I myself as wee think SK on Rubi_ka is stupid and I wouldn't expect that too happen. Actually it'd make me pissed. BUT, that doesn't change the ambiguousness of Silirrions statement.

It is actually very simple logic:

Now, this tells us that experience and shadowknowledge gain will be increased on both rubi-ka and in shadowlands. And that this counts both for missions given by NPCs as well as mission terminals upon completion. This directly implies that shadowknowledge might be gained from mission terminals. It's not stated clearly, but the implication is there.

The reason Silirrion wrote it this way is probably because he found it ludicrous that anyone would think you could gain SK on Rubi-Ka. But realising this is patch news, people will interpret any notes in all ways possible, and he left a very wide door open here.

No, it's not worth fussing about, but it's a great lesson in how unclear statements easilly get misinterpreted.
    The implication is there if you want it to be there. Just like you could imply I think you're being stupid depending if you read that first sentence as sarcastic or not. But if you take a step back, the plain english is...plain. There is no implication that RK missions would give SK. It clearly states that the rewards are going to be increased, nothing more.

This is reading it from just purely grammatical aspects. I, for one, would love getting SK from RK missions...just like I would love getting tokens from SL missions =[

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly View Post
    The implication is there if you want it to be there.
    I don't want it to be there. It's like saying I want people to misinterpret the meaning

This is reading it from just purely grammatical aspects.
    And still dozens upon dozens of players interpreted it that way. It's not about grammar. It's about pure logic.

Anyway, I'll drop the subject. No point in reasoning when people mix in emotions.
    Main:
    Ignyte
    President of Corporate Justice (Atlantean)

Gameplayer
    Editor, Writer

Sirillion's statement is fine.

You don't say you increase a reward from 0sk, you say you add an sk reward.
    He never stated that they would add sk rewards for RK missions, just that XP and SK rewards would be increased, aiming at exsisting rewards getting bigger. You have to be rather creative imho to manage to read that as SK rewards being added to RK missions.
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

I don't want it to be there. It's like saying I want people to misinterpret the meaning

And still dozens upon dozens of players interpreted it that way. It's not about grammar. It's about pure logic.

Anyway, I'll drop the subject. No point in reasoning when people mix in emotions.
    I don't see dozens and dozens of people rallying behind you. They say the school systems are going down the tubes, of course. But really, this is a very hard thing to misinterpret as it is very clear and was taught well in my school. And at that time I was in the public school system.

Following rules of grammar is logic, btw. It is clear what the meaning is based purely on grammar, and hence logic. It's only with outside desires that the interpretation becomes warped.
    Last edited by Lumifly; Aug 30th, 2006 at 16:15:05.

lumi...

You are correct, but i think there is another factor to consider. Most folks reading the forums are not reading but skimming the information. Skimming the info i can see how folks would misunderstand the posting by Sil. Yes, that's their own fault for a misintreperation and that is why my post above asks for add'l clarification in the original posting. I don't think it'd hurt to keep in mind the viewing habits of the users when posting updates like this.

fear how many froobs are going to be level 200's now.

Level 130 team. Rolls a level 210 mission.

Each player gets 700k creds and like.. 5m xp.

Bam. Level 131.

Do it again.

Over and over. No more do they have to grind borgs until level 189.

But what about SL players? Is there anything even remotely emulating this except for flippin' inferno and the occasional quest? Pen missions.

WTB spiritech experience converter; collect xp on RK, convert it to SK (with some loss) for credits.

Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    fear how many froobs are going to be level 200's now.

Level 130 team. Rolls a level 210 mission.

Each player gets 700k creds and like.. 5m xp.

Bam. Level 131.

Do it again.

Over and over. No more do they have to grind borgs until level 189.

But what about SL players? Is there anything even remotely emulating this except for flippin' inferno and the occasional quest? Pen missions.

WTB spiritech experience converter; collect xp on RK, convert it to SK (with some loss) for credits.
    ¨

About the Froobs lvling too fast: There is still a cap on XP rewards from mission. A lvl 130 needs about is it 5 mil xp to lvl. then the max xp from the reward would be 1 mil xp. Ofcorse the mobs killed would maybe give one lvl worth of xp, but thats not new.

What about sk rewards for SL-missions?
    main: Fhtagn [mp 211/14]

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly View Post
    Following rules of grammar is logic, btw.
    Yes, but not extensively. Grammar sometimes leaves things open for interpretation, logic does never leave any space open for interpretation. Perfect grammar does not mean perfect semantics.

I am tempted of putting up a logic formula to show where the error is, but, as I said, I just wanted to point out that there had been left room for interpretation in this matter where there shouldn't. This discussion has kinda gotten larger than it deserved to be since I was just nitpicking anyway. So as I said, I'm leaving it. I have no desier to prove anything, nor do I need to because it would hardly change a thing. *shrug*
    Main:
    Ignyte
    President of Corporate Justice (Atlantean)

Gameplayer
    Editor, Writer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12