Thread: Change to Omni Inferno Garden Key Quest?

Change to Omni Inferno Garden Key Quest?

Was with a group trying to get our Inferno garden keys, all omni. We kill Odqan first, only to be surprised by the next mission states we have to "Kill The Indomitable Chimera"

All the information that we had gathered stated that Ats'uks would be next in the progression, and that the Chimera didn't even appear in the Omni version.

The ARK we got when we petitioned was helpful when she informed us that her information showed that there had been no change to the quest, it was as it should be, there were no bugs, etc... She told us that "I suggest you make sure you're doing the right quests, it looks to me like you're missing some steps. "

This obviously does not mesh with what I and the rest of the team could figure out. We've asked others, looked at various guides, all say we did the quest correctly. What happened to the quest? We even tried doing the first part over, pulling the mission to kill Odqan that didn't give the box of nanocrystals as a reward, but same result.

The lesson learned? Never do anything expensive patch day.

Update: We went and got a Chimera pattern, and the pocketbosses needed proceed as normal after that one. Still not cool that this change was done under the radar/never noted.
    Last edited by sloshmonger; Aug 30th, 2006 at 07:37:07.
    Leisel "Kelama" Feive -- Unit Member of Omni-Pol -- Equip

Making stuff up since 1959

The Omni quest NPC gives out at least 3 different quests from what i remember.
    1 starts Odqan and 1 starts with The Indomitable Chimera.

If you delete the quest and talk again you will eventually get the Odqan one, it has always been like this.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by sloshmonger View Post
    Was with a group trying to get our Inferno garden keys, all omni. We kill Odqan first, only to be surprised by the next mission states we have to "Kill The Indomitable Chimera"
    If i understood him right Omu, they did start with Odgan, and then got Chimera as next target.
    Not started with Chimera.

Dark Front
    Deathstalker Owner of Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    Brucelee2003: Hit, switch target, hit, switch target, avoid pvp. Works.
    Divine001: That's not even funny DS. You're not welcome here.
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

Ah yes, my bad, I misread that part.

Either its "broken" or its just that noone has ever got that particular mission sequence...i think ill go with broken just to be safe.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Yea sounds like a rare mission sequence. I've played with the various missions and the most common is Odgan, Atsuks....etc.

But there are at three starters, and apparently a few more variants than we know about. Sounds like bad (or good) luck that you found one. Luckily you have plenty of time to adapt
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

However its not "rare"anymore if thats even a viable answer. Hoovnutts and Sentinels offer a key quest service on RK1 ever since the patch EVERY time after odqan now, its the chimera, where before 42 out of 42 quests had been ats. Only thing that changed was the patch. Also when we petitioned it this last time the ark said there was a motd server wide saying do not do the SANCTUARY quest because they know its messed up. The ark also said that it apparently means the GARDEN quest also.

Can anyone from Funcom verify any of the above?
    Last edited by whytblaze; Sep 5th, 2006 at 00:31:35.

I read somewhere that the garden quests where working fine, but when you try to show an NPC the garden quest to start a sanctuary quest that they don't accept it. I've also done the nasc and ely garden quests so I know those two at least aren't broken.
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Quote Originally Posted by whytblaze View Post
    However its not "rare"anymore if thats even a viable answer. Hoovnutts and Sentinels offer a key quest service on RK1 ever since the patch EVERY time after odqan now, its the chimera, where before 42 out of 42 quests had been ats. Only thing that changed was the patch. Also when we petitioned it this last time the ark said there was a motd server wide saying do not do the SANCTUARY quest because they know its messed up. The ark also said that it apparently means the GARDEN quest also.

Can anyone from Funcom verify any of the above?
    I can verify that we did in fact receive our garden keys after completing the sequence (including one very harrowing spawning where Asase Ya took down our MP 2 seconds into the fight). So I wouldn't call the Garden quest broken, just "different"
    Last edited by sloshmonger; Sep 5th, 2006 at 22:15:28. Reason: i before e except after c
    Leisel "Kelama" Feive -- Unit Member of Omni-Pol -- Equip

Making stuff up since 1959

tweaks to the garden key quests were definetely snuck in...

I did the omni Nasc garden key quest yesterday, and there were 2 very poisitive changes...

1) Only needed to use 1 insignia to 'charge' the ancient device for all 3 mobs.

2) Mobs are now "dreaming silver*whatever*" and non-attackable, so when there's a horde of people going thru the area, you don't have to worry about one of them killing your critter mid-quest.
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

Just to add to the garden/sancutary Issues, i was a little worried about the dont start or FINISH any sanctuary quests as i had an almost complete (save for the last 3 raid mobs) omni inferno sanct quest on my solja...

Did the quest the other day and other than Gala being a bastard to pull (as usual) all went well, i got my key and my box of nanocrystals, so did the rest of my team, no problems getting updates.

So it seems if you can get the inferno sanct quest it seems to be working ok
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet