Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: layers and new inferno mobs

Thumbs down layers and new inferno mobs

As you may have already noticed, starting 16.3.1 now all mobs do each a single type of damage instead of switching to chem/en/proj/etc. While this is kind of logical, it also means that now the effectiveness of all Layer effects (including Bio Cocoon) has been cut to 1/5th.

Example: A bio-cocoon worth 3200 layers can absorb 3200 of EACH type of damage before collapsing, so while fighting say, a heckler, that cocoon is worth around 16,000 damage all together as a heckler (as most monster-mobs usually did) switched damage type with each hit, now it seems all mobs do the same damage, so your 16,000-damage cocoon (aprox) has been cut to 3,200, and if you used to last around 6-15 seconds against a heck, you now last 2-3 seconds only.

Was this planned to lower the power levels of the game intentionally, or was this just an unforeseen aftereffect?

Sounds unforeseen but potentially beneficial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    Sounds unforeseen but potentially beneficial.
    How would that be potentialy be beneficial?
    in the sens that 10k dmg is like 2 hits in inf and that yu can already start unperking that now useless line?

Heh,

Unperk away if the line is now useless. My Crat would still like the "nerfed" version.
    Timmon
    ======
    195 crat Assurnasirpa equipment & perks | 102 NT Ashurdan | 84 MP Sennacherib
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Explorer 93% ******** Achiever 46% ******** Socializer 33% ******* Killer 26%

Why isn't a nerf the size of this mentioned in the patch notes?
    This is infact a huge nerf worth mentioning...
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

pending confirmation that this is as intended I will unperk it 10k shield is not worth 10 perks ..
    I'll go spatial displacement instead..
    Last edited by Jro; Aug 30th, 2006 at 08:18:36.

Thats just great, thank you for leaving me with no pvm defenses whatsoever.

Hope this isn't any bug and this nerf will stay becouse it atlats abit leads to ballance and not all ppl rolling new toons being adv trox melle.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtShadow View Post
    Hope this isn't any bug and this nerf will stay becouse it atlats abit leads to ballance and not all ppl rolling new toons being adv trox melle.
    This affects more than just trox melee. How about that enf that mongo tanks an entire alien wave?
    Or keepers offtanking adds while the doc is busy healing the main tank?
    It affects alot of situations for the worse.
    What bothers me the post is the fact a nerf the size of this isn't mentioned in the patch notes and I have to find out about it here on the forums.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Why not just remove bio cocoon from advs completely instead of punishing all the professions who actually need the perk?
    Demoness Devilry Evile
    220/23 Solitus Carekeeper - equip
    [Drama on Atlantean]
    [The act of denying reality]
    Accounts expired and retired to RK4
    [Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast]

I bet it is a side effect from all the messing around with the mob code they did this patch.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

"Now that NT and Trader is getting an absorb shield, we must ensure it's usage do not overpower them."

*slap of the power-bat on mobs*

LOL

Nothing comes *easy* when its stuff from NT and Traders
    ルネサンスのメンバー
    Member of The Renaissance

この世に奇跡はなく、あるのは必然と偶然。そして後は自分が何をするか、それだけだ。
    There are no miracles in this world. What is in existance, is the path one takes during the inevitable or unexpected circumstances.

Hey if this was supposed to nerf advies, then nerf advies damn it, and not other helpless proffs :P

I just check new inf, and despite the fact i like the refreshed looks, all each mobs hits me with same dmg type, cutting thru cocoon with 3 hits top. And for a nanomage engineer this means STAY OUT OF INFERNO

Can we get actual names and levels of these MOBs?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

confirmed for me: all mobs over inf dragons, hiatlins, hecks, demons, sided... didn't check on other islands
    Nwalker, 1/2, ranged adventurer, president of =ACF= Clair de Lune
    randomletter: I kind of disagree advs are overpowered. IN my hands, yes.
    Entventurer: If ranged (advis) get the same pvp killpower as melee (advis), there will be absolutely no point to melee in pvp.
    Valhallur: If you go with trox, be sure to take the two week course "Humblebien's lessons in the advanced art of how to hit MR".
    <3

well they should nerf mob DD then ..I am strugling soloing green inferno mobs now..
    the spinetooth can nearly kill me now

Angry

Ok the question remains still: Is it a bug or it is intentional change??? Can someone from FC just simply replay this easy question?

Anyway, maybe it nerfs advys a bit, but they have pretty much other techniques how to survive, but for engi its a disaster as now his soloing abilities are below poor level. Cocoon was only option how to survive longer fights or fights with multiple monsters (not considering technique stay out of fight and let just the bot beat them...) So the other prof are screwed much more than advys...

This change makes me hate this damned patch...

i think the dev's have been working overtime to get the patch up and running without major problems so cut them some slack?

they'll answer soon enough prolly

Cocoon wasnt very useful pvm wise anyway - yes its great when it comes to pvp , but higher aliens/inf mobs/ pen mobs could cut thru it within few seconds. After this (i hope not intended) 16.3 change, its pretty much worthless.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast