Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: layers and new inferno mobs

Totally fookin awesome...NOT. Thanks for nerfing my two of my three main toons FC(advy/enfo) Ive always been about the PvM with PvP a distant second, all the perks I have in biococoon and my absorb layers wasted..
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

Quote Originally Posted by GimpedX10 View Post
    This seems very clear Philty. I really don't think Means will hold your hand for a walk arround inf.
    I really do not expect it from him. I will find out by myself pretty soon and without some big and exciting exploration, its matter of one day to have some general idea about it.
    Ok, for me seems clear now just fact that some of new mobs in inferno behave this way and that this behavior is probably not a bug, but the question is still if it was intended and this question can be only responded by developer. My curiosity about this subject is just due to the fact, that my main is engi and uses cocoon alot, and this change will affect my gameplay in some mor or less important way in a future, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by zenwon View Post
    Totally fookin awesome...NOT. Thanks for nerfing my two of my three main toons FC(advy/enfo) Ive always been about the PvM with PvP a distant second, all the perks I have in biococoon and my absorb layers wasted..
    1. Nothing has been nerfed.

2. Things are exactly as they were before.

3. New monsters may or may not do single damage type attacks...exactly the same as before the patch.

4. I offer no spoilers of any kind. You will have to find out for yourself.

5. Do us all the courtesy of trying something before screaming nerf.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Thats just great, thank you for leaving me with no pvm defenses whatsoever.

last i checked you still got cocoon (even though it is somewhat nerfed vs some mobs) and reflect and heals in the bioline.
    cry me a river. You got it better than my crat.
    Last edited by Lillagumman; Aug 30th, 2006 at 14:09:49. Reason: spelling
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

/s NERF

Tx for the clarification Means. You can have your sarcasm back though..
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

Mobs in inferno always did a limited selection of damage. Many actually thought they only did fire damage, and in fact, I have been told so. I never really pay attention, but fire and radiation damage sound about right.

Sounds to me like the original poster freaked out at something he never noticed before And of course, also sounds like he didn't go to other zones to test it for sure

Alls I know is that my cocoon and layers last as long as they always did and that I agree with mr. monster designer.

Thanks for clear explanation Means. I think that was the info we have needed to know.
    Sometimes rumors are much worse than reality :-)

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    I was refering only to Inferno, so far only been there after patch to check new looks etc. EVERY single mob out there uses only fire/rad dmg.
    Just like they always have. The only time something in inferno hit me with anything else than fire/rad dmg is 1. numinel who can cast a chem dmg nuke. 2. inferno catacombs where all mobs hit for melee dmg only like in the other catacombs.
    I've been running around in inferno for about 2 years now.

Nothing has changed with any of the old mobs and I still solo the ones I could before. The new quest mobs I cannot comment on yet as I haven't tried all of them but the ones I fought so far all mix it up between fire and radiation.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Well... looks like false alarm then? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lillagumman View Post
    last i checked you still got cocoon (even though it is somewhat nerfed vs some mobs) and reflect and heals in the bioline.
    cry me a river. You got it better than my crat.
    I'm not making comments on this.

OMG, what a bunch of snivveling babies. Be cool if this "nerf" really happened, then you could come down to my world for a while. Friggan adv's. "Oh no! My Cocoon doesn't work as good as it used to! Now I have to change the order, lets see do I hit Fast attack, dimach, backstab, heal, acro, then coccon? Or Fastattack dimach dimach, backstab, cocoon, acro, then heal......hmmmm" You make me sick.

not trying to make light of this for enfs and engies, they actually NEED it.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdex View Post
    OMG, what a bunch of snivveling babies. Be cool if this "nerf" really happened, then you could come down to my world for a while. Friggan adv's. "Oh no! My Cocoon doesn't work as good as it used to! Now I have to change the order, lets see do I hit Fast attack, dimach, backstab, heal, acro, then coccon? Or Fastattack dimach dimach, backstab, cocoon, acro, then heal......hmmmm" You make me sick.

not trying to make light of this for enfs and engies, they actually NEED it.

And exactly how many advs did you see here whining about this "nerf"? All I can see is a bunch of people gloating cause advs might get nerfed and one adv that actually bothered to go out and test to get the facts straight before crying for mommy.

Is that a whiny overtone I notice in your post? Hmm, nevermind...

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    Enfs soloing capabilities are on par with the trader ones now. I expect an emergency patch any minute.
    lol

(sorry)
    ---
    Proud HUGE, inc resident gimp since 2003

"Clan members must not only be persuaded to accept Omni-Tek's total control, they should be conditioned to ask for it by name."
    -- Bill Barker, Schwa Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by Necromachina View Post
    i think the dev's have been working overtime to get the patch up and running without major problems so cut them some slack?

they'll answer soon enough prolly
    Best advice all day. If just all the screaming babies would stfu and understand that there are actual HUMANS working here. Cut them some damn slack!
    Sort Martial Artist 220/15 :: Alienchild Enforcer 212/10 :: Sortcrat Bueraucrat 209/10
    Sortmorph Adventurer 206/06 :: Nipple Nano Technician 202/00 :: Sortmezz Bueraucrat 209/05
    Svik Fixer 193/04 :: Sortenf Enforcer 161/00 :: Sortkeep Keeper 173/05
    Sort2 Martial Artist 143/02 :: Sortmedic Doctor 201/05 :: Nipple2 Nano Technician 167/02
    Sortblaster Soldier 67/00 :: Sortha Shade 43/00 :: Sortmp Meta-Phycisist 31/02
    Sortsnipe Agent 30/02 :: Iscrewbots Engineer 6/01

.:Total Levels Gained:.
    Rubi-Ka: 2383 :: Shadow: 48 :: Alien: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Alienchild View Post
    Best advice all day. If just all the screaming babies would stfu and understand that there are actual HUMANS working here. Cut them some damn slack!
    and went to the same mob 3 hours later and he hits all dmg types again ...
    may was a one off due to 1st spawn dunno beats me..

Funcomm forces yor NCU to run "SLack"
    -outdoor adventuring -1500

HAAA..!

And we mostly enjoy giving yu a hard time on patch day dont take it personal..
    its all that frustration from grinding beeing interrupted for like a few hours..
    Secretly we think there might be a bug making lvling a lot easier giving that ubah SK we are craving..:P
    Of course everything on roll out works "as intended", so that annoys the hell out of us, therefore we pick every little detail and whinge, whinge whinge,in the hope that next server downtime will come sooner ant that this bug giving massive SK boost will finally come for a few hours..:P

let me give yu some positive feedback
    1)Over the last few patch the lag has been reduced so well done..
    2)the new skill system is good gives yu information about dependencies on abilities ,well its positive..
    3) the camera zoom with mouse scroll is good i dont have a problem with it
    4) the redish inferno color and reduced poly is positive better fps..

Now chop chop get back to fix these code bugs ...

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Was it intentional to make all of the new mobs crowd-control resistant? I've tried with the new spirits, spiders, somphos... unaffected by all calm, fear, charm.. and at least the spirits have an aggro range beyond anything I've seen before. That's an awful combination for people who want to do those quests solo or in small groups..
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

this thread is funny theres 3 things

1. the op and the other posters crying because coon isnt godlike anymore
    2. people laughing haha advys been nerfed when they havent
    3. the ark showing how this inst even the case

one word: LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoleet View Post
    Was it intentional to make all of the new mobs crowd-control resistant? I've tried with the new spirits, spiders, somphos... unaffected by all calm, fear, charm.. and at least the spirits have an aggro range beyond anything I've seen before. That's an awful combination for people who want to do those quests solo or in small groups..
    I've feared most of them at some point, and I've seen them calmed too by various classes ( trader/crat at least, not seen an NT out there ).

Quote Originally Posted by thetweek View Post
    this thread is funny theres 3 things

1. the op and the other posters crying because coon isnt godlike anymore
    2. people laughing haha advys been nerfed when they havent
    3. the ark showing how this inst even the case

one word: LMAO
    Actually.... LMAO isn't a word :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jro View Post
    Actually.... LMAO isn't a word :P
    It is in the world of ONLINE

Quote Originally Posted by Alienchild View Post
    If just all the screaming babies would stfu and understand that there are actual HUMANS working here. Cut them some damn slack!
    Quoted for Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Djurmamman View Post
    Just like they always have. The only time something in inferno hit me with anything else than fire/rad dmg is 1. numinel who can cast a chem dmg nuke. 2. inferno catacombs where all mobs hit for melee dmg only like in the other catacombs.
    I've been running around in inferno for about 2 years now.

Nothing has changed with any of the old mobs and I still solo the ones I could before. The new quest mobs I cannot comment on yet as I haven't tried all of them but the ones I fought so far all mix it up between fire and radiation.
    Yay! a voice of reason!!

Quote Originally Posted by zenwon View Post
    /s NERF

Tx for the clarification Means. You can have your sarcasm back though..
    another Sane Voice!! (something must be wrong thats three already!)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post

3. New monsters may or may not do single damage type attacks...exactly the same as before the patch.

4. I offer no spoilers of any kind. You will have to find out for yourself.

5. Do us all the courtesy of trying something before screaming nerf.
    Means I sometimes wonder how ya'll designers and Devs put up with the reactionary crying.
    Point Number five in Means post is one EVERYONE should pay close attention to
    -------------------------

I could whine...about a number of Unaddressed issues. instead I am gonna wait and see and hold my Complaints for a while (at least untill I get LE installed and am playing it )
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlasdreamer View Post
    It is in the world of ONLINE

Quoted for Truth

Yay! a voice of reason!!

another Sane Voice!! (something must be wrong thats three already!)

Means I sometimes wonder how ya'll designers and Devs put up with the reactionary crying.
    Point Number five in Means post is one EVERYONE should pay close attention to
    -------------------------

I could whine...about a number of Unaddressed issues. instead I am gonna wait and see and hold my Complaints for a while (at least untill I get LE installed and am playing it )
    I thinlk You should read all the other posts about the downtime this is real fun..

and i dont care, never did, never will care what the mob hits for : either I die or I survive ..
    CAGAF ( see if u can make that online word :P) if its rad, fire, or even crap dmg.
    ther's nothing I can do about what dmg i take ..Or just swiftly swap armor between hits, providing i can guess what is gonna hit me with..lol
    then I quickly re-equip a mantis for that extra ener projectile dmg..
    then swap again ..hoohoo
    Wait this is all wrong I cant self my merc NOOOOooooo -Reclaim
    So i think about what just happen to me in the garden while rezzing..
    ..Nano rasing
    I know..
    Lets Level a trox Advy,,they say its godmode ..
    yeah, off to roll a new advy, selll all that crappy gear so I can twink at 60 ..be king of PvP..( with my pocket Doc helping)
    Hehe
    Humour fgs..!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast