Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about nodop versions of old items

Noone in their right mind would make a tradeable version of any item nodrop if it didnt give some sort of extra benefits.

Well, it'll save itself if your acc will be stolen.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

I believe FC wrote the names of items on little bits of paper, put them all in a hat, shook it about a bit and picked which items we got no drop versions of.

WTB no drop Monster Parts.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Actually it has no real point to make this items nodrop (MBC is maybe an exception but still an item of value that should not be degraded ^^) because when you usually get on your MErlin stuff (lvl 130-160) you are for sure not in inferno to do the quest so ppl will still buy the normal stuff as the items are quite crappy for any1 200+ (buffing reAsons excluded).

I didnt check all items but for the Merlin/Bellum stuff thats a fact imho.
    Last edited by Mithrandyr; Sep 4th, 2006 at 14:47:47. Reason: missed the a
    220/22/68 Doctor Mithrandyr main character - cool, stylish & crazy even if i die i look good while doing it!
    216/13 Soldier Eriador - semi-retired [doc priority]
    209/11 Engineer Tzar2 - semi-retired [doc priority]
    220/14 Adventurer Icemorph - retired [farm toon]
    213/04 Buerocrat Tzar - retired [farm toon]

- RETIRED / ACCOUNT CANCELED -

First, I repeat my suggestion above, that you wait till you know ANYTHING about where these items drop and how before suggesting any opinion. You might look pretty foolish later when you see what the item is really about.
    As for usefullness of Merlin armor for endgame, they are very valuable as buffing items, and I use them all the time. So a nodrop version costing nothing to get will be very benefitial. The regular version can then be used where it is appropriate - for level 130-160 like you asid.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

None of the NODROPs like merlins/MBC have even been found yet and it is very doubtful they were put in with the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandyr View Post
    Actually it has no real point to make this items nodrop (MBC is maybe an exception but still an item of value that should not be degraded ^^) because when you usually get on your MErlin stuff (lvl 130-160) you are for sure not in inferno to do the quest so ppl will still buy the normal stuff as the items are quite crappy for any1 200+

>>>(buffing resons excluded). <<<

I didnt check all items but for the Merlin/Bellum stuff thats a fact imho.
    was my edit maybe you posted just a few secs after me muha ^^ oh and missing an a sry *reasons
    220/22/68 Doctor Mithrandyr main character - cool, stylish & crazy even if i die i look good while doing it!
    216/13 Soldier Eriador - semi-retired [doc priority]
    209/11 Engineer Tzar2 - semi-retired [doc priority]
    220/14 Adventurer Icemorph - retired [farm toon]
    213/04 Buerocrat Tzar - retired [farm toon]

- RETIRED / ACCOUNT CANCELED -

Quote Originally Posted by malewerecat View Post
    None of the NODROPs like merlins/MBC have even been found yet and it is very doubtful they were put in with the patch.
    As far as I recall, the patchnotes spoke about 30+ new quests in inferno.. we've currently discovered about half of them.. still leaves enough quests to find where the new nodrop armors could be given..

Just tell me when you don't find a MBC quest, WTT ql 220 MBC for RPB (seriously)

-Rose
    Resident of RK2 Rimor

lvl 220 Shade SlicingRoses
    lvl 216 Doc BleedingRose

Supposedly someone has found the nodrop MBC... well 2 people now. Neither of which
    has said how to get it, but only that they found it...
    MEGGY
    RK1 Metalain ~ 220 (21) MP
    RK1 Magz ~ 220 (15) DOC

When in panic, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.
    Rk4 Solja in Sunglasses?

I found it too. I have a backpack full of them and stuff... Oh wait, I don't. *ahem* Gotcha?
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Quote Originally Posted by AlcoholicMeg View Post
    Supposedly someone has found the nodrop MBC... well 2 people now. Neither of which
    has said how to get it, but only that they found it...
    I also found galactic gems, and I wont say how to get it.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Quote Originally Posted by Siorai View Post
    I think this was their model for the decision;

MBC - Commonly desired by Doctors (and sometimes crats)
    SoS - Commonly desired by shades and MA's

Doctors camping MBC - Commonly OD'd by Shades/MA's
    Shades/MA's camping SoS - Commonly OD'd by......erm......

See, works perfectly.
    Hahahaha, perfect analysis. <3
    Rookie Scandium: 220/20 Nanomage Doctor on RK1 :: Status: Researching/Farming/Twinking
    ------------
    Experienced Lynaera: 220/20 Solitus Agent on RK1 :: Status: Researching/Farming/Twinking
    ------------
    Apprentice Braceyoself: 137/11 Atrox Enforcer on RK1 :: Status: TL5 twink... someday

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Soi yes, make keeper stone in sword take out sword and accidentaly a whole AMS in your face.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12