Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WTH is going on?????

Heh dont want to fling poo at the ventillator but..

Since the "Network went down" about 6 hours ago I was able to ping and tracert ALL the servers inc chat server and dimensions.

Wich means that the network has no problems as FC is Connected..

..its the Game

VV
    p.s: to check on atlanteean ping cm.d1.funcom.com or tracert cm.d1.funcom.com in start-> run
    Last edited by Vincevega; Aug 30th, 2006 at 23:32:05.

i was afk when it went donw, was there any notification or did they just pull the plug on it?

It crashed with no heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincevega View Post
    Heh dont want to fling poo at the ventillator but..

Since the "Network went down" about 6 hours ago I was able to ping and tracert ALL the servers inc chat server and dimensions.

Wich means that the network has no problems as FC is Connected..

..its the Game

VV

Odd, thats the first thing I did along with pinging all ao related ip's, came back very dead.
    Galdethi 220/22 Soldier of Mercenaries

Boycott Starforce!

thing is, im not too worried about playin, as alot of teams suck ass recently, my main concern if teh fact i have lost 2 days worth of perk resets, which is a pain in teh ass as 3 of my toons are in reset and unplayable till done

Of course its sad when things happen that you cant prevent yourself but isn't it abit too convenient that the network goes down just when they are having huge problems with a new patch?

Might it not rather be something with the SK Rewards in Inf quest that made it possible to make just about 200k SK in 30mins solo?

Quote Originally Posted by Apalonia View Post
    Ok so I guess I missed something Saetos. Thanks for being the first biggest ass to reply. BTW I asked for info and several people were able to reply so I am guessing if they can reply then FC could also get on there own forums and post something ya think? So basicly STFU, its people like you that have absolutly nothing to contribute to discussions so do everybody a favor.
    hOo feel the hatred...:P
    just relax guys, dimensions are down so go do something else ...
    Flaming each other not going to help,
    It'll be back up soon enuff

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Odd, thats the first thing I did along with pinging all ao related ip's, came back very dead.
    They were for like 15-20 mins wich is exactly the time a server reboots.. Since then the IPs are up answer pings and tracert requests.... Except not on the port ao communicates, that means while the server up the game isnt communicating on its designated ports but the IP is there live..

Draw your own conclusions..

VV
    p.s: I never heard about dead upstream provider who were able to send back ping results on a dead ass link.

oh, and there are no problems with teh patch? wth did i have a lvl 112 craig or in my 219 med inferno mission earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Ariellaa View Post
    Might it not rather be something with the SK Rewards in Inf quest that made it possible to make just about 200k SK in 30mins solo?
    are you kidding... is the quest a 1 time only deal or is this a means of sk farming?

Quote Originally Posted by Apalonia View Post
    Ok so I guess I missed something Saetos. Thanks for being the first biggest ass to reply. BTW I asked for info and several people were able to reply so I am guessing if they can reply then FC could also get on there own forums and post something ya think? So basicly STFU, its people like you that have absolutly nothing to contribute to discussions so do everybody a favor.
    Yea, um...

What I meant was that you were shooting off on your own tangent when a now 8-9 page thread in Tech Help was a few clicks away. It was just the whole thing about you "demanding" answers when they were right there that ticked me off >.<
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

afaik the quest can be done over and over again, or could be atleast..
    Last edited by Ariellaa; Aug 30th, 2006 at 23:48:08. Reason: might be changed when we log on right..

well riddle me this...how come my org bot is online and one player has been online for over and hour and I see he is asking where I am on my bot window??? Server down? I think not

The quest can be done but you receive no SK rewards, it says 300k or 500k SK as the reward but so far on RK missions saying this you get credits but Zero sk

Quote Originally Posted by Gucci View Post
    The quest can be done but you receive no SK rewards, it says 300k or 500k SK as the reward but so far on RK missions saying this you get credits but Zero sk
    Not talking about RK missions, Inferno missions part of quest and they did give sk, 49k or so per completed step..

Quote Originally Posted by Gucci View Post
    Just freakin relax m8, its ppl like you that I cant stand, whine and complain when something happens that cant obviously be helped, they make money from you on subscriptions obviously they are tryign to get servers back up. they couldnt send out info because obviously their servers were all down.

I suppose you want a hand written letter explaining the situation sent to each player, and a box of fine cigars

Just relax and use the free time to go outside and get some sun on your pale skin. A day without AO is not going to kill you.

PS- this is not in any way against ppl that are " irritated " at this delay, (I am also annoyed), only those that say stupid, arrogant and selfish things like: "This is outragous. I am mad as hell about this and demand an answer." in the end its a game! not the server of your freakin bank!
    Well it's the money from my subscription that should also be supporting a redundant connection. I to am in the IT field and know how important it is to have back up servers and network connections that automatically fail over. For god sakes a Fat Pipe is only like $30k. Match that with a second ISP for precautionary measures and presto redundancy happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Ariellaa View Post
    Not talking about RK missions, Inferno missions part of quest and they did give sk, 49k or so per completed step..

Im sorry I havnt done any of the SL missions yet- what is the step that gives you the 49k sk? what exactly do you ahve to accomplish? And is it very time consuming? difficult? blitzable?

Because if it takes 30-60 mins, you could just do a team inf mission and get 80k sk + in the same time.
    If it is soloable and takes a bit longer than the standard team mission- it was made for ppl that want to solo, period.
    Last edited by Gucci; Aug 31st, 2006 at 00:01:06.

Facts:

In europe wholesale bandwith prices are cca 7Eur/mbit/month, I have no idea how much bandwith FC takes but judging how old the network code is I would say not much. After all this game was release when 56k was considered phat...

I know for a fact that FC asked TeliaSonera for an offer for redundant solution, I got one thing to say about that PLEASE CONSIDER IT. I can even get a discount ffs

Also anyone w half a brain uses 2 providers now if u look after FC its Savvis only, wich means "Flat Ring" in telco terms. And that is the worst possibile solution if we talk about redundancy

VV

Quote Originally Posted by jjones2666 View Post
    one time only
    the sl missions? lol then what are peopel complaining about?
    Yes its totally gonna be exploited!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast