Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remove the annoying new sounds of adv. morphs ( wolf ) please !

Instead of working on morphs sounds you should have been fixing the AI weapons sounds that don't work still. I can just imagine a leeted beast force..
    Last edited by Donikarv; Aug 31st, 2006 at 11:34:41.
    Donikarv - 220/28 Trader
    Bitsa - 220/30 Engineer
    Limpweapon - 220/24 Bureaucrat
    Chunkymeta - 214/21 Metaphysicist

+ another 20 or so other alts

If you're going to remove it at least wait til servers come up so I can hear them.... Animals make sounds, so no reason they should go... Maybe make them a bit softer if people don't like them being so loud?

Oh btw, bump for 1337s! 1337s r teh k3w7n3ss
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Nah, morphs sounds ftw. Always was weird to me to have no sounds going along with the fact that your in a different form. Bump for toggle tho for the whiners I guess :/

As for putting in the AI weapon sounds instead, if you had been reading the forum you would note that this is not new code. It is in fact code that was already present that has simply been enabled now that certain zoneing errors/conflicts relating to it have been resolved.

Reading stuff = less pointless whine posts.

Personaly i love the sounds hehe cool but i think in large raids it will have some emm funny effects thow.

Enno is it possible to lets say mute out the sound for this if there is more then lets say 1-x amount of morphed chars in vicinity?
    Florentino"Marlark" Suitt
    Master of the Universe of The Asylum

[Genesis] Marlark: First rule of Genesis, Blame canada for anything and everything with other words blame Rotender.
    [Tsunameh]: i just bought this acct on ebay and you're only friend on the friendslist. There's no creds, could i get some plx?
    [Genesis] Marlark: **** HAPPEN WHEN YOU PARTY NAKED!!!!!!
    [Nipntuck]: what org r u in

Originally Posted by "Thetweek" : yeah well its a big thing to do marlark is like god :> so hard to go against him hehe

<3 the new adv sounds too, especially parrot's one
    don't remove them please
    220 RK2 engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyxi View Post
    Well, based on your ignorance of join dates on the forums, I imagine the person you quoted has been playing(paying for?) the game much longer than you have. I don't see how the constant engi/mp pet sounds are any different from the morph sounds. The bots/demons make a constant noise whenever they are casted, just like the morphs do now. Its the pet user's decision to keep the pets up or not, just like its yours to keep the morph running. Either A) get used to it, or B) deal with it by replacing the wave files or turning sounds off. Easy, eh?

btw, I know several Adventurers who are loving that their morphs finally make a sound to go along with the look.
    I played AO from late 2001 - 2003 had 2 full decked out toons with rbp, dc augmented hs + various twinks for different lvl ranges and stuff like that, i played AO when you had to type words / chat to quest npcs ( the few that were there ) - so stfu. Furthermore its not important how long someone plays, stay on topic if you need to express yourself.

Secondly i talked about the wolve form - which Enno , AO Dev admitted , will most likely be removed.

Thirdly i said that mp/engi pets are not such a problem, this is simply because they dont occur in such a mass in a team. And you dont get transformed into a pet. And in other situations like when i roll missions for stuff to blitz for a longer time and a nonstop babbling / coughing pet is near me , i move simply to another mission terminal.

Fourthly , its not my descision to let wolveform run in a raid where everyone buffs as most as possible to raise the performance.

Its easy heh.
    Last edited by Travelstar; Aug 31st, 2006 at 15:04:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Sefus View Post
    sounds like the patch didn't go over too well

community says but I think we have a bunch of whiners in here.
    They are trying to make the game better, guys. No need to yell at em for it.

Earlier I was inna team with 2 Wolves. 1 was me.
    Didn't hear anything new. wasn't listening tho :/
    1. No one is yelling here for anything.

2. omg ... you didnt hear anything because you werent listening. * grats *

EDIT: The sounds could also be altered in that way that the loop doesnt run in such a high frequency = less sounds per second ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Traquemort View Post
    <3 the new adv sounds too, especially parrot's one
    don't remove them please
    Learn to read.

Topic is : Wolveform.

Topic should be: They are animals, animals make noises.

Bump for the leet, leets are fun!

Wolf isn't THAT annoying.... neither is panther etcetc.... people have been saying "you bark every time you attack..." I'm pretty sure that was the old behaviour wasn't it?
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

i would suggest a change rather than just scrapping it why not make them /say commands

like the breed voices in the soundpack just make a / command for these new sounds

i would love to purr on command and bark when i want

Quote Originally Posted by Brutahl View Post
    i would suggest a change rather than just scrapping it why not make them /say commands

like the breed voices in the soundpack just make a / command for these new sounds

i would love to purr on command and bark when i want
    Not a bad idea eather...
    Florentino"Marlark" Suitt
    Master of the Universe of The Asylum

[Genesis] Marlark: First rule of Genesis, Blame canada for anything and everything with other words blame Rotender.
    [Tsunameh]: i just bought this acct on ebay and you're only friend on the friendslist. There's no creds, could i get some plx?
    [Genesis] Marlark: **** HAPPEN WHEN YOU PARTY NAKED!!!!!!
    [Nipntuck]: what org r u in

Originally Posted by "Thetweek" : yeah well its a big thing to do marlark is like god :> so hard to go against him hehe

I'd like to keep these new soundeffects AND implement your idea!

How cool would it be to have your wolf-morphed self howl? Put a throttle on it though so you don't get people spamming /howl or whatever

I dont use puppy form much but tried it last night to hear those sounds...... bleh I sound like I am snoring.

Dont like

Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We're going to evaluate this one, and I'm almost sure we'll have to remove it (*sob*), but there's a bunch of stuff right now that's got priority over this, so please have some patience :-)
    *rubs eyes in disbelief*

What ... what, you're saying there is something in this game that gets priority over adv issues?
    Demoness Devilry Evile
    220/23 Solitus Carekeeper - equip
    [Drama on Atlantean]
    [The act of denying reality]
    Accounts expired and retired to RK4
    [Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast]

Quote Originally Posted by Devilry View Post
    *rubs eyes in disbelief*

What ... what, you're saying there is something in this game that gets priority over adv issues?
    Probably some other adv issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    I'd like to keep these new soundeffects AND implement your idea!

How cool would it be to have your wolf-morphed self howl? Put a throttle on it though so you don't get people spamming /howl or whatever
    Tie it to the ingame time... have the wolves auto-howl when the moon rises

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
    1. This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds. *bites the desk*
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelstar View Post
    Hello,

i really like AO ... but the new sounds of the adventurer wolve morphs are incredible annoying ! For Example Playful Cub.

Allready one single wolve is annoying but yesterday i did an AI raid with 6 people who were morphed into wolves. I had to turn off the sound of AO because it was not acceptable anymore.

So imo, funcom, its better remove the sounds!

edit: Or atleast lessen the frequency and the volume.
    No remove the annoying graphic glitch that makes you look like you are looking out of its mouth and it flips in front of your face in 1st person.. then lets worry about Sound.
    If you love something set it free, if it does not come back, Hunt it down and Kill It.

I love the sounds and i love that interesting adv. nerf, so keep it in game please.

Well, maybe increase the volume of that sound for the morphed toon and decrease it for everyone else in the vicinity, but please keep them in game )
    Syy

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    I love the sounds and i love that interesting adv. nerf, so keep it in game please.

Well, maybe increase the volume of that sound for the morphed toon and decrease it for everyone else in the vicinity, but please keep them in game )
    Bump for that ...... good idea.

Well, I like the sounds, just the normal idle sounds come too often. No possibility of decreasing it? Would be sad to loose them ,as I like them really.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast