Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remove the annoying new sounds of adv. morphs ( wolf ) please !

I love the fact that the morphs make a sound and would hate to see that removed. (Though a /howl would be funny )

Ran a mission as wolf and sound was not a major issue. It was a low growl/snore and only when standing still. Not sure what "barking" for attacks people are talking about since I still had the usuall pewpew of guns. Does it make a difference for sound which morph version you are running, or what weapon you are using?

Well, I like the sounds, just the normal idle sounds come too often.
    Thats exactly what im talking about. Since the patch its like that. If you run or move , no sound is played. If you stand still a high frequenzy loop is played loudly. If you play your game with low volume anyway or like your leet sounds .... go to another thread, this is not what im talking about.

But anyways , Devs. are aware of this, so no need to drag this thread more offtopic

I don't find the new sounds to be very loud... It's a nice touch Every few seconds by the way... have you tried breathing any slower? Say 1 breath per 10 seconds? :P
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

I think the sounds should be left ingame. However i think the sound loop is excessive. Would be nice as a once in a while thing.
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

woooot! nerf those advies some more! wooooot!
    220/AI30
    AO Consortium updated 2.16.09
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: a good 150 enof could tnak all fo them
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: can i tank all of them?
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: are you enfo ?
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: are 150
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: no 41 doc
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: tehn noo
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: =(

I played an alien raid last night where everyone was in wolf form, and the low grunting sound of the wolves isn't at all like I expected it to be from this thread here. I admit I kinda liked the animalic sound my toon made. So... still not sure what I'll do :-)

Well then sound behavior must be different depending on zone or perhaps what someone is doing.

Pen outside or in missions my advy barks everytime I shoot. It is loud and quite annoying. That and the wolf bark is about as ferocious sounding as a Cocker Spaniel.

Course, I'd rather just live with the sound off (which I do now) if I knew that horrid GUI this patch could be switched back to classic mode for the skill menu, map and no mouse scroll.

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

Didn't the wolf bark every time you attacked before? It's been DAYS since the patch so I can't remember
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Nope. Used to get the sound of the pistols once in a blue moon.

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

DOn't see the problem still... Maybe you should get your wolf debarked ^^

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Odinochka View Post
    \Anarchy Online\cd_image\sound\sfx\creatures\wolf

rewrite with empty wav files
    Wrong ! ( Just another proof how much people chat wihtout knowing what threads are about )

Solution :

Go to :

\Anarchy Online\cd_image\sound\sfx\creatures\sable and delete or replace sable_idle_02 and sable_idle_01 with an empty placeholder.

To the deaf people who like this sound , please pump up the volume and listen to those sounds 2 hours to simulate a raid. Dont forget to run your mp3 player in a couple of instances / multiple times.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123