Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WHY do alien weapons no longer drop on Noob Island?

WHY do alien weapons no longer drop on Noob Island?

I would like to ask a representative of Funcom why the weapons dropped from the aliens on Noob Island were removed, and furthermore, why this was not included in the patch notes.

I have thought about this for a great while, at least TRYING to give you the benefit of the doubt in at least ONE of these nonsensical "fixes" in this patch, but this one I simply cannot figure out. These weapons provided not only new players a chance to try out these alien weapons, (which most people know, are hard to obtain until around level 100), it provided them with an income, which EVERY new player needs in this borked economy.

I really cannot see any benefit to removing these drops, and I cannot think of any problems they have caused or ever would have caused. I also cannot understand
    the slightest bit why this would not be included in the patch notes...

Please, take this seriously. Do not delete my thread simply because you cannot answer. I really, genuinely, honestly want an answer to this question, because I feel it is a very big issue and it needs to be addressed, rather than ignored, leaving us puzzled and angry. Perhaps there is a completely logical reason, and if so, I would understand. However, at this point in time I can see no reasonable explanation whatsoever.

They were removed?! Hell i didnt know that...stupid choice imo, they should have added MORE weapons, all weapons so that all players with AI can have a nice weap after the noob island one (Shotgun for traders, pistol for docs/nts/soldiers etc)
    But removing em completly, that just stupid
    Gender 'Blackdog' Bender 220/26 Soldier
    Den 'Beskyddaren' Utvalde
    220/18 Keeper
    Kane 'Blacrat' Lives 218/15 Bureaucrat
    Bleeding 'Rofflewaffle' Screaming 180/13 Shade
    Den 'Tempelherren' Trofaste 165/19Fixer

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

They have been slowly nerfing the newbie island drops for ages now, early last year, you could walk off newbie island in full omni lifeguard with a div nine and a kyr carbine, now, just newcomers and the startup weapon :/
    Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.

Throw a man in a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

[The Red Brotherhood] Trbbot: Logging on :: all systems ready.
    [The Red Brotherhood] Bourke: !online
    [The Red Brotherhood] Trbbot: 1 members online :: click to view
    [The Red Brotherhood] Bourke: great, I've been talking to myself for the last ten minutes.

Maybe it's because they dont want new players thinking there will be alien content for them.

Because as we know, once you leave n00b island, unless you are org'ed you are going to have a tough time getting any aliumz/axp for a loooong time.

Could just be a case of FC deciding not to get new players hopes up.
    Last edited by Gurudee; Aug 31st, 2006 at 10:08:06.

They definitely should make all ai weapons drop there. I mean.. 50m for a ql 15 kyr pistol? FFS!

Bump for one of the worst stealth nerfs ever.
    Add all AI weapons for the island instead of removing the few that dropped there! They are great weapons for the new toons of your paying customers - give them back!
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

not the case at all....

Quote Originally Posted by Gurudee View Post
    Maybe it's because they dont want new players thinking there will be alien content for them.

Because as we know, once you leave n00b island, unless you are org'ed you are going to have a tough time getting any aliumz/axp for a loooong time.

Could just be a case of FC deciding not to get new players hopes up.
    I got 9 ai levels before i became associated with an org--all from LFT...And the only reason i didn't get more was that i was 1) a froob for 6 months 2) was exploring SL and didn't know what AI was all about.....

I agree that the AXP is not as EASY if you're in an org, but it's still obtainable. You might not get the phats, but that's another discussion. That being said, i'm not a AI org whore that thinks that the current situation can't be improved upon for the less org fortunate...

Time to load my froob account again with old school twink gear. I'll build my buffing toons some more and deny fc payments to nerf me. They get pinched and i still get to play without paying them for 2 months. Hit their bottom line and get some satisfaction.

So, so ppl you all know, weapons cant drop, when the server is not up :-)

Oh...it's doable...but without a yalm ( engie warp? at that level?) or the ease of grid travel, and given your average lvl 30 toons footspeed....
    Yeah, it's tough.

You can sit on LFT for a few hours, and wheeeee thats a pantload of fun, or go play dodge the trains at TOTW

DAMN!
    Just thought of an ugly side effect of this stealth-change.

How much are all those low level alien weaps people have stashed away for the new alts goning to be worth now to people who diddnt stash them away?

Hello instant inflation

Noob island weapons are sorely overpriced for items you'll use for a whole 30mins before finding something better.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
    Noob island weapons are sorely overpriced for items you'll use for a whole 30mins before finding something better.
    amen

i'm not arguing if they are overpriced, they are still a good thing to have in the game

bump for an answer..

This is going to be funny, I wonder how long till prices go up on them, we already see them go for 1-2mil a pop, im guessing prices will reach 4+ now.

Coming home!
    "Pwndedto"---------- 150 Enforcer
    "Pwnded"------------ 60 Martial-Artist
    "Pwnded2"----------- 60 Keeper Pre-AI (Retired)
    "Ipalm"-------------- 40 Agent
    "Hybrid069"----------- 25 Enforcer Setup
    ex-Circle of Notum

Quote Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
    Well, they used to be free...
    Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.

Throw a man in a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

[The Red Brotherhood] Trbbot: Logging on :: all systems ready.
    [The Red Brotherhood] Bourke: !online
    [The Red Brotherhood] Trbbot: 1 members online :: click to view
    [The Red Brotherhood] Bourke: great, I've been talking to myself for the last ten minutes.

bump for answer.

Would love to hear an answer, didn't see a problem with having the lowbie weapons?
    Chronic Shichiroji Argonaut: 220 / 25 / 55 (Slice and dice)
    Not Shichidoc Fighter: 177 / 18 / 42 (Pew Pew)
    Moon Metallishi Dog: 156 / 13 / ?? (Mini TS)

General of Haven (we are recruiting!), Haven's token Aussie and owner of a ql 310 Fine-Tuned DNA-Locked Blaster Rifle.

Hic sunt dracones.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Typical ANZers every subject ends up talking about sheep and criminals

For me, when I was a young fr00b, the AI weapons I looted on newbie island kind of opened my eye to what AI had to offer. Like .. "woow .. that's one freakish looking mofo sword ... gimmeh one!!"

I vote yes to making all the ai weapons drop there. Its not like low level kyr weapons are anywhere near good at low level anyway. Most likely a normal old fashion Rubi-Ka weapon will yeild more damage / skill than any kyr.
    SC of Kvestakolal - Join us if you can spell it correctly
    * Mechanuf - 220 Multi-Purpose Combat Engineer
    * Hormonuf - 220 Healmonkey
    * Hackuf - 217 Phix
    * ... loads of other *ufs and *nufs

Still no answer? Dose that mean FC don't even know if it was deliberate or accidental, or can't be bothered to answer? Either way it's a poor show.

(I suppose there is a third possibility; that I'm blind and have missed the official answer in another thread somewhere)

They nerfed droprate on AI-weapons to 0% on NI? Thats GREAT! *smiles*

Then I just have to sit back, watch the price raise, then get my 3 bps from bank an place in my show :P
    Suport you'r lokal ganker, get your own gimp today!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast