Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WHY do alien weapons no longer drop on Noob Island?

It could be they are putting in a quest-giving npc who offers your choice of ai weapon based on the mission you choose. In doing so, it frees up the availability to drop all ai weapon types. Not just the few that were dropping.

These quests would involve killing a specific number of aliens or killing certain mobs.

This would be the most logical choice.
    ** I don't do typo's, I am just testing your knowledge of Vocabulary.
    ** How do you know you cannot achieve something if you never personally try it?
    Zzart 207 NM Eng
    SoldierZzart 220 Atrox Soldier

Well considering that over the time of the islands existance, they have slowly nerfed the drop of anything and everything that was even slightly usefull, it's unlikely they are returning the weapons in any form.

I suppose it does no harm to hope
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Sorry but it seems like a dumb move.

While i may be struck dumb with enlightenment when whatever reason they were removed becomes clear, i doubt it.

They were useful for a few levels - thats all. They certainly werent worth doing a quest or whatever after noob island to get one. To get one level 20+ yes, but noob island level ( max i saw was 16 i think ) no.

If it relates to LE then 1. its way too soon and 2. i suspect i may die of old age before it comes out.

well......take one new person to the game. Add one part you'll never see any higher level alien weapons or gear until lvl 180 or so. Add 2 parts you can get higher alien gear if you join a guild with a city. Mix with 25mil for a lowbie alien pistol. Pour into a too bad for any new solo oriented players glass and collect the monthly fee to be left out of alien content even if you did buy the AI expansion.

Or does it say you must be in a guild with a city, or at a high level to obtain AI phatz on the retail box..... hmmm.

As I said, there is no reason not to raid at low levels. Some orgs don't do it - bad management. Some players don't dare - their fault. Some people don't join orgs - their fault as well. AI is mostly org content, can't complain about not seeing aliens before lvl180 if you are not in an org.
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

[QUOTE=Luuv;4327137]As I said, there is no reason not to raid at low levels. Some orgs don't do it - bad management. Some players don't dare - their fault. Some people don't join orgs - their fault as well. AI is mostly org content, can't complain about not seeing aliens before lvl180 if you are not in an org.[/QUO

I'm sorry, I'm looking on the retail box now and can't seem to find where it states AI is mostly org content. I wasn't in an org when i purchased the hyped up AI expansion. I'm not in one now. You are missing the point, wich is AI is entirely for orgs or high levels and does not advertise it as such.

So new players are exposed to aliens in startup playfields. They are lead to believe it continues as such once leaving the island. You don't need to be in an org or a team to kill bugs on the island. You have to be either in an org or a high level once you leave the island to get content you paid for. So is this why the AI loot table was cleared from the startup playfields?

The occasional Athens AI attack that usually ends in death for lower level players in a 100% zone is pathetic at best.

Quote Originally Posted by saran View Post
    You are missing the point, wich is AI is entirely for orgs or high levels and does not advertise it as such.
    Nope. AI is not high level. Never has been. People have made it that. You do not even technically have to be in an org, that just makes things easier. I have made tons of ai levels below lvl150. I don't even like APF and I don't like raiding past lvl200 either. Can't say I have ever had problem starting a raid or getting invited into one.

I do not have the AI box, but I was told by everyone that AI was aimed at orgs before I bought it, so I promptly joined one. If it doesn't say so officially, you have a point in that. But the stuff with high levels is just not true. FC did not make it thus, players did. And there are no game mechanics preventing toons from doing lvl1 raids. Might make a tad more sense at lvl25 or so, but who cares, ultra-low raiding sure is fun as well.
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*

Please tell me how to start a low level AI raid. I'm not in an org so i'm really curious on how to do that. I've been a solo player from the beginning, going on years now. Until they allow spawned alien mobs in all the playfields that drop AI loot relevant to thier level (like it was on noob island)I feel I was shortchanged on buying the AI expansion. So again i think this is why the loot tables were nerfed.

You have to be either in an org or a high level once you leave the island to get content you paid for.
    No, you do not. You can join an alien raiding team any time without having to join an org.

I'm sorry if I seem unsympathetic, but this argument is wearying -- by paying for AI you get the right to gain AXP from killing aliumz, you get the right to use and wear AI weapons and armor. You do not get the right to spawn your own aliens that drop fat loot you can sell for a kadillion dollars; for that you need an org.

Please, tell me which expansion guarantees you phatz without having to socialize with or team with anyone else, cuz I wanna buy that one, to hell with AI and SL.
    Dogeared: their fix will probably eliminate the 'sploit that allows you to pass through ''doors'' from one playfield to another. <-- zomg, she was right!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Gurudee View Post
    Maybe it's because they dont want new players thinking there will be alien content for them.

Because as we know, once you leave n00b island, unless you are org'ed you are going to have a tough time getting any aliumz/axp for a loooong time.

Could just be a case of FC deciding not to get new players hopes up.
    THAT would be stupid ...they would be limiting the PAYING players for the FREE PLAYERS? Wtf kinda reasoning is this, your main focus should be on the players that are paying you every month.

EDIT*Finishes reading all the posts hoping for a useful explanation*) What really bugs me is that there isnt much reasoning behind this, if sil says its for 16.4, why are you messing up newb isle in 16.3? What purpose does this serve...There is alot of secrecy involving this stealth nerf...
    Last edited by Corers; Sep 8th, 2006 at 13:57:26.

Quote Originally Posted by dellinda View Post
    No, you do not. You can join an alien raiding team any time without having to join an org.

I'm sorry if I seem unsympathetic, but this argument is wearying -- by paying for AI you get the right to gain AXP from killing aliumz, you get the right to use and wear AI weapons and armor. You do not get the right to spawn your own aliens that drop fat loot you can sell for a kadillion dollars; for that you need an org.

Please, tell me which expansion guarantees you phatz without having to socialize with or team with anyone else, cuz I wanna buy that one, to hell with AI and SL.
    SL......... plenty of solo content, plenty of solo attainable loot, you don't need an org or a team for a share of SL loot. For higher levels and uber phatz maybe you need them. So in short you are saying one of my level 10 or so alts can leave noob island and go kill aliens solo, gain axp and have weapons and alien armor drop for them? If so tell me how. Simple question really.

Word for word....
    The ultimate sci-fi mmorpg is about to get even better as a hostile alien race invades rubi-ka. When a massive call to arms is
    sounded across the planet, tensions mount,allegiances are put to the test and the threat of all out war looms. Join the rally against the aliens...for the galaxy,for rubi-ka, for humanity...prepare for the last stand.

It mentions guilds for content on demand and thats it.

Not, you'll need a GUILD to own a shop.

Wich is why I got the expansion in the first place. I was purposely mislead by the retail fluff and thats a fact.
    Last edited by saran; Sep 8th, 2006 at 17:50:22. Reason: add comments

SL......... plenty of solo content, plenty of solo attainable loot, you don't need an org or a team for a share of SL loot. For higher levels and uber phatz maybe you need them. So in short you are saying one of my level 10 or so alts can leave noob island and go kill aliens solo, gain axp and have weapons and alien armor drop for them? If so tell me how. Simple question really.
    No, not solo. You need a team. AO in general is not a game where you can solo 100% of the time; I don't see what the problem. If I wanted to play by myself all the time, I'd play FF7.
    Dogeared: their fix will probably eliminate the 'sploit that allows you to pass through ''doors'' from one playfield to another. <-- zomg, she was right!

This isn't just about you because you team all the time. I have a character past 200 and well into shadow levels completely solo and still advancing now. AO was the most solo oriented mmo out there. You need some interaction with others but it was never a must.

actually i have to disagree there. AO can be solo oriented or it can be team or org oriented... all depends on how you play. if you LIKE solo play, its there. if you LIKE to play with other players, thats also there.
    vote for or suggest more ideas on an in-game scripting tool here:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...90#post4016590

You can't get to the end by soloing. You cannot get to level 220, you cannot get the really good stuff, neither in AI raids, nor in the last SL zones. You cannot get pande phatz, you cannot get stuff from APF by soloing, There is even much stuff you could never solo on RK, and even with SL and AI gear I want to see someone solo mercs or the dust brigade. Forget about tarasque completely, btw, that doesn't work solo either.

As I see it, there was even stuff in the good old basic game that was not meant for soloing players. I have not seen the original box, but I doubt there was a sticker on it "warning! contains non-soloable content!".

Nope, I don't see the point. You decided to pass on an integral part of the game, teaming and orgs, and complain that you miss something. Doesn't make sense to me. *shrugs*

I actually see it the other way round. It would be cool if people raided more. Not in high farming orgs, but across all levels. That would even be great for the non-orged people out there. Hopefully removing the weapons from the n00b island helps, although I doubt it. I wish it were easier for the lowest levels to get a raid going.
    Last edited by Luuv; Sep 9th, 2006 at 02:00:39.

Omg

Sorry to rant, but it really bugs me when FC destroys something important in the game then says nothing...wtf? If you cant go into details about it, why did you do it in the first place? LE is still a few months ahead, why screw up newb isle before that? Was this done so stupidly and carelessly that it wasnt even put on the update notes? Or maybe FC just crossed thier fingers and hoped we wouldnt notice?

Word for word....
    The ultimate sci-fi mmorpg is about to get even better as a hostile alien race invades rubi-ka. When a massive call to arms is
    sounded across the planet, tensions mount,allegiances are put to the test and the threat of all out war looms. Join the rally against the aliens...for the galaxy,for rubi-ka, for humanity...prepare for the last stand.

It mentions guilds for content on demand and thats it.

Not, you'll need a GUILD to own a shop.

Wich is why I got the expansion in the first place. I was purposely mislead by the retail fluff and thats a fact.
    You have the same access to everything that anybody else does. It is not FC's fault for you choosing to not participate in those things that enable you that access.

It's not misleading advertising; it's your expectations not being met, which tends to happen when you think you know something that you don't know.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234