Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Petition Against the new map window

Official Petition Against the new map window

Using Outlast's layout (cfr. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho....php?t=459674)
    EDIT: Although this thread will most likely not bring about an immediate change, I will leave it and continue to add to the petition so Funcom can see their errors and realize that the new map window needs to be revamped and rethought out.

Attention Funcom,

This thread is a petition agaist the new map GUI implemented in Patch 16.3.
    The players signed below are against the new map window and request that you consider one of the following courses of action:

a) Restore the old, and completely functional map GUI
    or
    b) Allow players a choice between the new map GUI and the original one.

This new map is worse than the previous one, although the buttons are easier too click, they add to the clutter already present, and the fact the map automatically zooms out when it's closed and re-opened is a pain. A last point, that might be more interesting for all players is to have a map that automatically, and continuously stays targeted on the player's position by default. Please consider either of the options above, as your clientele are not satisfied with this new "fix".

Signed,
    Maeventura
    Donikarv
    Itsukia
    Kajukenbo
    Jennasia
    nerfman
    Animosity
    Bereavement

((please, do not post here if you are going to flame others, or if you are not against the new map GUI. this is strictly a thread to organize the common distaste for the new window, not to be a flame/whinefest. Simply post your main's name and I will add it to the petition))
    Last edited by Maeventura; Aug 31st, 2006 at 22:28:41.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Signed.

The new map buttons are too big, preferred the icons with the old map (yes i know you can turn them off i'm not an idiot). When running around with the map tracking me, i've had whole sections of the map disappear into the void. And then there is the visable breakup of the map too. GET RID OF IT
    Donikarv - 220/28 Trader
    Bitsa - 220/30 Engineer
    Limpweapon - 220/24 Bureaucrat
    Chunkymeta - 214/21 Metaphysicist

+ another 20 or so other alts

Thumbs up

I want the old map GUI back.

Signed.
    Oh god my eyes are burgers

You're all completely stupid.

a) New map window is DOCKABLE, ubah! Dockable in your sidebar for people who don't understand that! Ubah!

b) New map window follows your player. Ubah! Make it so when follow on player is on, worldmap behaves like minimap (can look around, move your toon and it switches back to you) and will be supah-ubah!

c) You can hide the buttons, and you can double-left and double-right click to zoom in / out

d) The parts where it nerfs up when you're on spheremap and tiles dissapear? Yeh spheremap is THIRD PARTY, so SPHEREMAP needs an update

e) This is stpuid this thread is

f) Bump for keeping new map

g) Mine doesn't zoom out when you close and open it again.... Maybe your computer needs to be un-nerfed?
    Last edited by Healyhatman; Aug 31st, 2006 at 09:53:29.
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

the buttons take up too much room.
    But it does follow you...which is awesome

I'd rather not sign as I think the fact that it follows you overrides this petition. IMHO
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

Never seen it follow me. Must be a patch problem then

@Healyhatman: you prolly can't weird till the last word of a post, can you?

For zooming in and out: why should one repeat teh process every time? If I say to the map to zoom in to the second level, I want the map to do it and stick to it till I say to zoom further or to zoom out.

Third party maps: why do you think we use them? Maybe because they contain very useful data and a greater precision than the standard AO one? The players are begging for the devs to take over CSP map or something like that and to ensure complete compatibility with AO.

You are as stupid as your comment about this thread being stupid.

Such a bump doesn't work in a topic destined to get back the old map

My computer has never had as many problems as most people: except for when the servers go down, I only had 6 LDs in a bit more than a year of AO. I've never had compatibility issues before, so why should it start now, as I didn't change **** about this config?

OW, missed that dockable part: that's maybe a bit too little to be really useful Even the playfield map is, from time to time, too little when docked. Maybe people with multi-monitoring might be able to get most if not all GUI to the second window to clear up space in the main window, but having only one screen, I'll have to use what they give, but when it's BS, then I'd like them to change it.
    We usually call it WTF.
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Devs take over CSP map? Are you serious? Players might beg for it but they SHOULD realise it's not going to happen. Let's say you spent hours and hours and hours making up this big useful add-on... are you going to let FC "take over" it?

Oh and explain "you prolly can't weird till the last word of a post, can you? " to me please I think you typoed a little there....
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Only thing i dont like with new map gui is the buttons is all ..nothing else ... all the other litle things they put in for the map window.. Roxxor
    Florentino"Marlark" Suitt
    Master of the Universe of The Asylum

[Genesis] Marlark: First rule of Genesis, Blame canada for anything and everything with other words blame Rotender.
    [Tsunameh]: i just bought this acct on ebay and you're only friend on the friendslist. There's no creds, could i get some plx?
    [Genesis] Marlark: **** HAPPEN WHEN YOU PARTY NAKED!!!!!!
    [Nipntuck]: what org r u in

Originally Posted by "Thetweek" : yeah well its a big thing to do marlark is like god :> so hard to go against him hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    Devs take over CSP map? Are you serious? Players might beg for it but they SHOULD realise it's not going to happen. Let's say you spent hours and hours and hours making up this big useful add-on... are you going to let FC "take over" it?

Oh and explain "you prolly can't weird till the last word of a post, can you? " to me please I think you typoed a little there....
    Yup, typoed, should have been read instead of read, cfr. my last sentences asking people that are not gonna sign or gonna start flaming not to post here.

Visibly, something you didn't do.
    We usually call it WTF.

OK I can handle that Problem is people who don't like the new map window aren''t REALLY going to bother reading the FOR the mapp window thread to see the reason why they should accept it

I shall nerf my postcount in this thread.

btw you just said "I meant read not read" I think you mean "I meant read not weird"

Hi, your petition is stupid. The old map window was horrible, the new one's functinoality far exceeds that of the old one and it has only one drawback. I see no point in ever wanting that old junk back.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    OK I can handle that Problem is people who don't like the new map window aren''t REALLY going to bother reading the FOR the mapp window thread to see the reason why they should accept it

I shall nerf my postcount in this thread.

btw you just said "I meant read not read" I think you mean "I meant read not weird"
    Yeah, tiredness, several sleepless nights, trying to catch up the lost time when servers were down
    We usually call it WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Hi, your petition is stupid. The old map window was horrible, the new one's functinoality far exceeds that of the old one and it has only one drawback. I see no point in ever wanting that old junk back.
    I don't see any improvment, just a couple of bigass buttons instead of the tinier ones, as well as the fact you always need to zoom in everytime you re-open it to check the more detailed map around you.

And it still doesn't keep following you, so you always need to press the character button to focus back on you.

If you are against my petition, don't post here, make your own thread where you can flame me if you want, and in the case you can't stop yourself posting, be constructive and tell the improvements.

I show specific flaws in what they changed (flaws for me doesn't mean flaws for everyone), try to be specific too with your comments. thx
    We usually call it WTF.

I would vote for an option if I had to pick one. Im not having any of the problems with the map that your listing. Mine seems to work fine, follows me, remembers where and how it was set the time before. New map rocks IMO, but optional controls are always nice.

Thumbs down

Signed. i hate the new map system. i have no use for it at all it doesnt help me a bit. im running around blind. plus i am very upset that i can no longer use the sphere map.

ill bump this cause i do agree that it would be nice to have the choice between both types of maps

my ign is inflames
    too many alts to fit in a siggy
    Executing Nano Program: Prototype Biotoxin.
    Nano program executed successfully.
    You hit Lord of the Void with nanobots for 3 points of poison damage.
    ARGH GIMME A SIGGY

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...75#post4352675 bump this!

I miss the fact you could make the world map quite small - very useful for those non advy people running around SL.
    The buttons make it larger, while you can get rid of the buttons that lowers the functionality of the map for me.

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Quote Originally Posted by Maeventura View Post
    I don't see any improvment, just a couple of bigass buttons instead of the tinier ones, as well as the fact you always need to zoom in everytime you re-open it to check the more detailed map around you.

And it still doesn't keep following you, so you always need to press the character button to focus back on you.

If you are against my petition, don't post here, make your own thread where you can flame me if you want, and in the case you can't stop yourself posting, be constructive and tell the improvements.

I show specific flaws in what they changed (flaws for me doesn't mean flaws for everyone), try to be specific too with your comments. thx
    Try to actually use the map and you might see that it has quite a bit of improvement. The way you move the map about is much faster and more accurate than the old map. The new zoom function on doubleclick actually zooms in/out where you click. The new center on player function keeps the map centered on you as you move. You can dock the map in the sidebar if you so choose, which is made more useful by the map's ability to keep focus on you. You could even dock it in the normal PF map window giving you two tabs to select between them...

You can disable the buttons, which are the only drawback. The number of times you actually need to use the functions that aren't available through dragging and doubleclicking left/right mousebutton is pretty low in the first place, so the extra click to hit the "i" menu isn't really that horrible.

Now, tell me you'd rather have the old way of dragging the map around, the old weird zoom and the old non-present ability to keep focus on the player and inability to dock in sidebar.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Aug 31st, 2006 at 17:21:56.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I'd want the functions of the new (if they work) with the buttons and changeability of the old.

Otherwise, talked to ARKs, and seems my custom GUI and map is causing the problems I encounter, so gonna go back to default till Dovvetech has been redone.
    We usually call it WTF.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast