Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official petition to change MousewheelZooming to Ctrl+Wheel zoomin

Official petition to change MousewheelZooming to Ctrl+Wheel zoomin

This option is FAR more intelligent than "omg remove it" or "give option to enable/disable it"

Ctrl+Wheel to zoom, while leaving unmodded scrolling performing the old behaviour will cater for those who want the old functionality, while still ensuring that people who WANT to scroll-zoom can still do so without needing to go into the options menu every.... single.... time.

I fully believe this is an option that will keep everyone happy, and hope you will too

P.S. it of course doesn't NEED to be Ctrl, there are a range of options available.

P.P.S. The problem will be that peopple will run into problems when trying to Ctrl+scroll zoom and use hotbar items, so if there IS an option it should be to switch between which is the default: Ctrl+scroll to zoom, or just scroll to zoom and ctrl+scroll to use old behaviour.

Thoughts please people
    Last edited by Healyhatman; Aug 31st, 2006 at 14:06:45.
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

how is this more intelligent than "option to enable/disable"?...
    i do have to agree to some extent that "omg remove it" probably isn't the best approach.
    i'm not disregarding your suggestions. it would seem that FC could benefit from looking further into configuration options. the lack of "options" seems to be one of our (the customers') primary concerns.
    new features are great - nice to see some progress. but completely over-riding old features (removing them entirely) is not so great.
    Supreme Creator and Eternalist (rk1)
    Master Surgeon (rk2)
    Linux ftw

So much Official stuff going on around here lol
    Reziukas 220/30 Soldier Equipment Screenshot Epeen
    Squad Commander of Riders of the Lost Org
    First omni owner of Superior Rebuilt Perennium Blaster on RK1
    Aide Rezidoc 220/25 Doctor Equipment Screenshot Epeen++
    The first and only doc on RK1 to do 200k DPM on LoTV!
    First owner of Alien Combat Directive Controller on RK1
    First doc to OD a clan zergbot twice.
    First TL7 doc to get 3rd and 4th solo titles.
    [Jagfixarinte]: think u got lootrights:P
    [Questra]: did you just get loot on Libra?

Quote Originally Posted by Reziukas View Post
    So much Official stuff going on around here lol
    yeah, it seems that "official" has about the same value as "estimated dowtime"... just poking, but lol
    Master Surgeon (rk2)
    Linux ftw

What makes this thread more official than the ones before?
    Reziukas 220/30 Soldier Equipment Screenshot Epeen
    Squad Commander of Riders of the Lost Org
    First omni owner of Superior Rebuilt Perennium Blaster on RK1
    Aide Rezidoc 220/25 Doctor Equipment Screenshot Epeen++
    The first and only doc on RK1 to do 200k DPM on LoTV!
    First owner of Alien Combat Directive Controller on RK1
    First doc to OD a clan zergbot twice.
    First TL7 doc to get 3rd and 4th solo titles.
    [Jagfixarinte]: think u got lootrights:P
    [Questra]: did you just get loot on Libra?

Everyone ELSE was making an official thread.... I just wanted to feel loved.. *sniffle*
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

nfi
    Master Surgeon (rk2)
    Linux ftw

Thumbs down

just put on option on it, or let people choose theyre own "special hotkey" ("special hotkey"+wheel would zoom) :/

An option with three choices would be neat:

1) As before
    2) As now
    3) As now, but only zoom when CTRL is also pressed

If FC wants to be more advanced, allow some other key to be configured instead of CTRL. This is more or less as the parent suggests, but with a slight addition. I can't see any particular reason why the basic form of the above should be overly complicated to implement. I may be wrong.

With the 3rd option, there wouldn't need to BE the first two options, which is kind of the point

"...so if there IS an option it should be to switch between which is the default: Ctrl+scroll to zoom, or just scroll to zoom and ctrl+scroll to use old behaviour."

This also negates the need for the first two options

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    With the 3rd option, there wouldn't need to BE the first two options, which is kind of the point
    i think the point here is "why not have all options?"

edit: as stated in many other posts, there is a serious lack of config options.
    the more options avaialable, the larger number of customers will be satisfied.... why disregard any suggestions?
    Last edited by Yvoscia; Aug 31st, 2006 at 14:56:03.
    Master Surgeon (rk2)
    Linux ftw

All options? That's a lot of options when one would suffice :S If you don't want the new functionality just don't press the control key :S Or w/e

I know that, and I had the same (initial) thought to begin with.

Then again - for those accustomed to the old behavior, please consider the fact that CTRL is used for free-form mouse movement as well.

If doing that and "accidentally" rolling the wheel...you're likely to mess your display up. Not good.

Therefore, with the three options I laid out, it should be possible to cater to everybody. It's just a nuance, I know, but hey...
    Last edited by dak4u; Aug 31st, 2006 at 15:00:26. Reason: spelling...bleh

Ctrl is used in conjuction with Right mouse button to move your camrea around actually

Like I said, doesn't have to be control button

Make no mistake: I agree with you. I just _know_ somebody will be annoyed if the behavior can't be disabled completely.

For me personally, just using CTRL (as you originally suggested) would be perfect.

(And the function of CTRL + Right Mouse button is what I was referring to. I was unclear. Sorry about that.)

Signed

^^ What they say ^^
    RK1 - Master "Winstonstan" Ofnoobs - Screenshot - Setup
    RK2 - Master "Winstonstan" Ofnoobs

[n00b]: u there?
    [me]: (afk auto response message) no
    [n00b]: can u make me imp plx?
    [n00b]: plzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    All options? That's a lot of options when one would suffice :S If you don't want the new functionality just don't press the control key :S Or w/e
    Just because it would suffice for you doesn't mean it's true for everybody. Drop the ego please. I don't zoom, plain and simple. If I need to adjust my camera zoom level, I use +/- which is very rare indeed, because I do not like mucking up my camera. Therefore you option is REDUNDANT to those people that don't give a flying rainbow about zooming with the scroll wheel at all.

Having options to satient all people is FAR more intelligent than your single option approach.

Like I said... if you don't want to scroll zoom, you wouldn't press control. All 3 options would be like "option to enable, option to disable, option to enable when you want to enable"

:S

Yeah, they definitely need to do something about this...I'm about ready to rip the scroll wheel right out of my mouse to avoid screwing up my camera angle again!
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

bump for that, fully agree and support, it is better than option.
    As other said, CTRL is a logical choice since it already does camera control.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast