Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Petition to make Inferno Quests INSTANCED instead of a FFA train/OD fest

Official Petition to make Inferno Quests INSTANCED instead of a FFA train/OD fest

I have done all the quests needed to get to my 20+ ring... on the way i had to build basicly a kill team for every part were i had to kill 10 regular mobs + a boss (also the part were we had to kill 10 mobs + boss for EACH mob was nice) everone was excited about these mishes because we were expecting quests and instanced battles... all that we have gotten is a huge free for all trying to killthe 5 mobs we need while killing every mob that everyone else needs because someone ran threw the mobs to train everyone else... theres no way to do these quests without a team and getting a team to stick around for that long is insane... and expecting that a team could formed for each quest is so useless because there are so many variable of each quest.... i expect that these quests will die down.... but the length and usefullness is questionable... plz FC thank you for the interesting content... but plz remember that you have hundreds of meembers playing at any given time and when only 6 people can complete a quest in a designated spawn period... theres a flaw there and sadly FC has done this since the game has started...

Wait a few days and the problem will solve itself.
    Of course, every time new quests that employ killing outdoor mobs will be overcamped a few days. Phat Loot also comes to those who wait. I'd bet that on Monday or Tuesday those areas will again be as deserted as they were before 16.3 and you'll have no greater problem getting your kills.
    The problem was the same when the Nasc and Ely quests were put into place.. the first three days you didn't catch sight of a devourer or hiatlin for longer than a few seconds...
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

Quote Originally Posted by legionofone View Post
    I have done all the quests needed to get to my 20+ ring... on the way i had to build basicly a kill team for every part were i had to kill 10 regular mobs + a boss (also the part were we had to kill 10 mobs + boss for EACH mob was nice) everone was excited about these mishes because we were expecting quests and instanced battles... all that we have gotten is a huge free for all trying to killthe 5 mobs we need while killing every mob that everyone else needs because someone ran threw the mobs to train everyone else... theres no way to do these quests without a team and getting a team to stick around for that long is insane... and expecting that a team could formed for each quest is so useless because there are so many variable of each quest.... i expect that these quests will die down.... but the length and usefullness is questionable... plz FC thank you for the interesting content... but plz remember that you have hundreds of meembers playing at any given time and when only 6 people can complete a quest in a designated spawn period... theres a flaw there and sadly FC has done this since the game has started...

I agree , same thing as with the whole (Kill Libra) parts , that Just TOTALLY is going to make an OD/KS fest during omni/clan beast weeks. if it acted like the faction mobs that would be different , where as long as you did so much dmg you would finish the quest and get reward etc , but that still doesnt mean that people wouldnt come out in huge org teams to try to KS. this 16.3 patch is the worst ive seen , the map window makes everything all blotchy , the new skill window is HORRIBLE , atleast on the old one it was setup nicer. bolder looking , bigger #'s and dinged when you reached the limit and was just alot more .. yeah.. well anyways , great idea with putting some of the missions in here... but kill libra gotta be one of em ? :/ .. anyways yeah , totally agree with all the anti-16.3 ive read.

i hope so today alone ive been trained 10+ times, feel like im in totw

for mobs like libra it needs to be a TARGET not kill... just like it is with the beast... letting EVERYONE get what they need

singed esp for Target on libra and beast.

Haaaaaaaaaaahahaha don't think so sorry. What, instance the entire zone just because you can't handle the trains? They ARE annoying, but they won't last forever. This period is quite obviously going to be busy, lots of people wanting to try the new quests. There's no way in helll they're going to instance an entire zone.

I actually enjoy trying to OD everyone on the mob you need, it's more fun

Although on one point... "Kill Libra" wtf?
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by legionofone View Post
    for mobs like libra it needs to be a TARGET not kill... just like it is with the beast... letting EVERYONE get what they need
    Yap. Although I have gotten loot with my team once... Not that I contributed much dmg
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

In a month or so these quests will probably be empty. It is a OD feast now because everybody think they *MUST* complete these quests yesterday preferably.

im just saying that the way FC runs mishes it just causes problems... ODing causes inner clan problems... "u oded me u ass... well u oded me i was here first... BLA BLA BLA " lowers clan cooperation and hurts us in the end... and plz dont be a idiot... instanced means u are on a mish to a zone... u zone inside that zone theres a large playfeild (much like the APF) u go in theres a set of mobs that need to be killed... it scales off ur lvl and team size and u go from there... INSTANCED doesent mean make more GS's of inferno...

So you want to turn inferno into one big mission dungeon.... And if you delete your mish key, do you have to reroll your toon or never see inferno again?

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    Haaaaaaaaaaahahaha don't think so sorry. What, instance the entire zone just because you can't handle the trains? They ARE annoying, but they won't last forever. This period is quite obviously going to be busy, lots of people wanting to try the new quests. There's no way in helll they're going to instance an entire zone.

I actually enjoy trying to OD everyone on the mob you need, it's more fun

Although on one point... "Kill Libra" wtf?

hey everybody look a bnet kiddie heckler noob. Play the game for awhile and then state what will and will not happen. tyvmkthxbye

Heckler noob? I was froob til about level 160

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    Heckler noob? I was froob til about level 160
    You have an opinion that they don't like. You will therefore be called a heck noob, idiot, child and moron regardless of any reality behind these claims. It is the way of the forums my young apprentice
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

and again, with instances, it is not ment to get your own Inferno playfield, it is ment that each part of the quests should be done in a cave in inferno or something, so you can get your own GS and not waste any time getting OD-ed or trained by others.
    Brasco 220/30 soldier
    Enlightment 200/30 enforcer
    Quiz 200/12 NT

omg please no not more mishes in dungeons..... Going through endless places that look exactly the same.....

Just give it a week if you can't handle camping, myself and several others have gotten through large chunks of it the mishes just fine and the fact that there are people who've done all of them should be enough to tell you that it's possbile.

The ODing and trains won't last forever just be patient.

eeeeeeee gods, sit back relax chill out, do the quests at a later date new content = me me me me me me me me me me must have item must have item must have item, even though you dont need and have no use for it at the moment.

Think i will wait and watch the madness unfold and do it at a nice pace when all the fuss has gone.

chill out peps, its just now in the start its like this...

Its ubah quests, and kill libra, its needed belive me the missionreward in the end is ubah and req. somthing like that.
    I really think you should have kill beast too and not just target beast.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Quote Originally Posted by Iriche View Post
    chill out peps, its just now in the start its like this...

Its ubah quests, and kill libra, its needed belive me the missionreward in the end is ubah and req. somthing like that.
    I really think you should have kill beast too and not just target beast.
    omg iri how could you post to this thread? you trained me with 1 mob day before yesterday and I took over your 1 mob train!!

all quest are fun, and it's even more funny to see so crowded inferno ), 30 ppl camping same mobs.

as libra quest, you have to be only in libra KT and not in beast KT, only hit beast is fine.
    Proud member of Czech Anarchy http://ao.pat.cz

Paja - soldier - 220/30 Equip || Pajatrader - trader - 220/30 Equip || Koprak - keeper - 220/30 Equip || Pajja - doctor - 220/30 Equip

What trains? Yes, I calmed a few mobs yesterday, but no real trouble. Dont cry, get yourself a calmer, you'll be safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast