Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Undocumented changes

Its all about customization/options. Provide the options which let the player decide how they want it to work and which 'features' (ie. zoom scroll) they want to use. (btw I think the zoom scroll would be fine with a ctrl+wheel option)

Shouldn't be hard to have another bubble in the options menu that lets you auto zone to city by default if you don't have towers.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    Like what? PvP balance?
    GUI is the face of the game it should be easily accessable and should not annoy people. Right now I don't feel like playing at all, because every time Im on the run the camera starts wiggling around which results either in my death or stucking in geometry/falling to RK.
    I'm much more annoyed when there are bugs in the very mechanics of the game such as broken quests, non-functional nanos and bunch of other things that don't work "as intended". Some well-known bugs have been present for years, still not fixed.
    And of course, you're right, the GUI is important and should be designed properly. Lots of tomes have been written about GUI design.
    As for the org grid exit, I would personally also prefer less clicking, but IMO it's not so important and souch threads distract FC from the real problems . I can see it - the next patch will proudly present the new option '1-click org grid exit' but issues like the 2s lag when opening skill window (not to mension the awful GUI), the broken missions and stuff will still prevail.
    Andanthe - TL7 pHiXXz0r from Czech Anarchy

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoleet View Post
    Even better: Don't show the window at all when an org doesn't have towers... get me into the city without asking.
    Don't expect wonders from FC

Quote Originally Posted by Andanthe View Post
    I'm much more annoyed when there are bugs in the very mechanics of the game such as broken quests, non-functional nanos and bunch of other things that don't work "as intended". Some well-known bugs have been present for years, still not fixed.
    And of course, you're right, the GUI is important and should be designed properly. Lots of tomes have been written about GUI design.
    As for the org grid exit, I would personally also prefer less clicking, but IMO it's not so important and souch threads distract FC from the real problems . I can see it - the next patch will proudly present the new option '1-click org grid exit' but issues like the 2s lag when opening skill window (not to mension the awful GUI), the broken missions and stuff will still prevail.
    Well if we lived with those bugs for years we could wait some more
    The new bugs should be fixed ASAP, because otherwise in 2 years from now they'll turn to be those "annoying bugs that still aren't fixed"

I'm much more annoyed when there are bugs in the very mechanics of the game such as broken quests, non-functional nanos and bunch of other things that don't work "as intended".
    You are no doubt correct here that there are many long standing bugs, as well as new bugs which are critical and need to be fixed. But that is no reason to detract from posters who point out the little detail fixes they would like to see.

Both major and minor issues are valid imo, and when someone says something to the effect, 'why are you worrying about xxx when XXX is still broke', it makes that person feel invalidated as though their personal concerns aren't as important as yours.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

~Lewis Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    You are no doubt correct here that there are many long standing bugs, as well as new bugs which are critical and need to be fixed. But that is no reason to detract from posters who point out the little detail fixes they would like to see.

Both major and minor issues are valid imo, and when someone says something to the effect, 'why are you worrying about xxx when XXX is still broke', it makes that person feel invalidated as though their personal concerns aren't as important as yours.

Quoted for Truth.

one possible answer is that in many cases the little fixes can be very simple to do. something as simple as activating a section of Code that was disabled in the process of rewriting or fixing something larger.
    Another possibility is that alot of the Larger fixes that folks complain about are so involved and far reaching in a code base that in un-nessesarily interlinked that fixing them could potentially lead to a disastrous exploit, or worse.
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post

I didn't mean to "invalidate" anyone. I just stated my opinion .
    Andanthe - TL7 pHiXXz0r from Czech Anarchy

I didn't mean to "invalidate" anyone. I just stated my opinion .
    That's cool, and my statement wasn't meant to be a flame or anything. It's a common and understandable sentiment you see in a lot of threads. I kinda get that way when I see advy's asking for love when other profs are down in the dumps, but its the same thing...there's really no reason advy's can't post about things they would like to see just because they're currently the best.

I'll stop babbling now

~Lewis Carroll

Just a question

I Don't know if FC documented this, and i'm not sure if it is true or if i'm wrong but:

b4 patches the "reset skills" button was inactive when toon was wielding/wearing items/implants,
    after patch i've tried to click it (fully imps, armor and weap on) and it allow me to go further, it opened a new dialog box to confirm reset...i did not 'cause i don't need to but does this mean we can reset skills w/o unwear armor/weaps/imps/decks?...that would be cool imo

Quote Originally Posted by Harran View Post
    I Don't know if FC documented this, and i'm not sure if it is true or if i'm wrong but:

b4 patches the "reset skills" button was inactive when toon was wielding/wearing items/implants,
    after patch i've tried to click it (fully imps, armor and weap on) and it allow me to go further, it opened a new dialog box to confirm reset...i did not 'cause i don't need to but does this mean we can reset skills w/o unwear armor/weaps/imps/decks?...that would be cool imo
    Reset the skill --> Do you really want to reset the skill <skill name? --> All items must be unequipped before performing a skill reset!

I'm pretty sure it's always been like that.
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Biococoon has quing issues now (when I mash 15 perks and bio is last sometimes it doesn't que up, I haven't grown or broken any bones so it's unlikely that something on my end changed to cause this) me and another adv have both noticed this and there will probably be more reports of it soon.
    You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Rookie Gank "Wilsonat" Me 220/22/36 adv GODMODE AND NAKED.

Don't show the window at all when an org doesn't have towers
    or....

how about having separate city/tower points in the grid so there is no need to ask where you want to go.

Spotted another change I think - on two occasions I've noticed that after a long jump/fall, my toon bends his knees on impact and lifts his arms - like it was a particularly hard landing. Can't repeat it on demand though.

Quote Originally Posted by Saudonan View Post
    Spotted another change I think - on two occasions I've noticed that after a long jump/fall, my toon bends his knees on impact and lifts his arms - like it was a particularly hard landing. Can't repeat it on demand though.
    Turn a bit when landing. Doesn't need a long fall, a regular jump is sufficient, and I think it looks rather good. Too bad when jumping normally, you still land with straight legs.. it'd look more natural if the new anim was played on any jump.
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoleet View Post
    Turn a bit when landing. Doesn't need a long fall, a regular jump is sufficient, and I think it looks rather good. Too bad when jumping normally, you still land with straight legs.. it'd look more natural if the new anim was played on any jump.
    This landing animation was actually there ages ago, but at some point it disappeared :| guess the animation system overhaul is releasing some of the old code again.
    Funny, if you jump after having "forced" the landing animation into running, the jumping animation isn't played and you just launch into the air with arms outstretched instant
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Sep 4th, 2006 at 21:57:58.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Hmm wierd I dont see it :|

Coming home!
    "Pwndedto"---------- 150 Enforcer
    "Pwnded"------------ 60 Martial-Artist
    "Pwnded2"----------- 60 Keeper Pre-AI (Retired)
    "Ipalm"-------------- 40 Agent
    "Hybrid069"----------- 25 Enforcer Setup
    ex-Circle of Notum

Hold left or right, then jump. When you lad you'll see the animation if you're still turning
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    This landing animation was actually there ages ago, but at some point it disappeared :| guess the animation system overhaul is releasing some of the old code again.
    Funny, if you jump after having "forced" the landing animation into running, the jumping animation isn't played and you just launch into the air with arms outstretched instant
    hmmm.. either is that move too complicated for me or I don't get it working on my trox. will give it another try tomorrow

The new prayer animation for the ToTW/IS Doc books looks nice.. at least for an unarmed Doc. For a pistol Doc, it looks rather like suicide

Another change I've noticed: Lord of the Void doesn't seem to spawn in Nascense anymore.. at least on DNW. Hopped around on his islands a bit, but no sign of him anywhere. Either he's gone or no longer insta-spawn.
    Last edited by Shaoleet; Sep 5th, 2006 at 00:18:41.

How about the whole not being able to drop things that aint fixtures... That bugs me while i am droppin robot sensors during mishes.

I like the trail of where i went and the other teammates going WTF is that doing there?

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Have they played with NR a bit?

After the last patch i noticed that my plunder, which rarely landed on anyone, started out to be actual useful. Now i can hardly land any drain on others, not even the Divest that was close to 100%...
    Syy

Doubt if this is new but blades of the alien energy rapiers don't vanish when the players is morphed so you end up with a leet and with 3-6 lightbars floating over him.
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast