Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reward: 0 SK --- lame

Reward: 0 SK --- lame

What happen to the 10-20K SK from completing pen/inf mishs?

No more SK for complete missions? this is stupid

So we got lower level mobs and now we get no XP from completing the missions either?
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Keep messing, messing, messing with things and just make them worse and worse, tell us the point for things you do, take a poll and see if we want it changed or not. We pay to play, it should be our choice.

How about blaming the exploiters before crying about it?
    Natasha "Tashania" Niacescu, 66 Nanomage Engineer
    Leader of ~Society of Salvation~

"Nothing that a good 5/8" wrench won't fix. Unless it needs duct tape. Then always use duct tape."

Quote Originally Posted by Rurga View Post
    Why should we blame the exploiters! If you give a monkey a gun and it kills someone, you dont blame the monkey. :P

Quote Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
    Why should we blame the exploiters! If you give a monkey a gun and it kill someone you dont blame the monkey. :P
    Leave the monekys out of this
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Why should we blame the exploiters! If you give a monkey a gun and it kills someone, you dont blame the monkey. :P
    Real good analogy. *rolls eyes* Read the second part of my sentence, then try again.

"Nothing that a good 5/8" wrench won't fix. Unless it needs duct tape. Then always use duct tape."

Talking

Real good analogy. *rolls eyes* Read the second part of my sentence, then try again.
    Hostile arent you? Lighten up there puddin.

All im saying is that the exploiters will be handled by the people who need to handle them i.e. Funcom. The original poster is upset because everone is punished for the actions of a few. As to who is to blame that is neither here nor there... ONLY Funcom can fix the issue and therefore ONLY they should be addressed in the complaint.

What, if we blame the exploiters that will magically fix the issue? Also why are you saying the OP is crying about it.. he is asking a question!

Here this is the way it works.

1. Read.
    2. Comprehend.
    3. Reply.

Ok there skippy? Have at it.

Follow your own advice, skippy. And "this is stupid" is hardly a constructive comment without giving something to counter it, like oh, I dunno, a SOLUTION to it? The solution that Funcom did, while rushed (even I'll admit that), bought them time to fix (or at least attempt to) the problem. Yes, it's a panic call, but sometimes, you really don't have a choice.

Follow your own advice, skippy. And "this is stupid" is hardly a constructive comment without giving something to counter it, like oh, I dunno, a SOLUTION to it? The solution that Funcom did, while rushed (even I'll admit that), bought them time to fix (or at least attempt to) the problem. Yes, it's a panic call, but sometimes, you really don't have a choice.
    Too bad Funcom hasn't made any indication that they are working on a better solution, and in the meantime all of us TL7 players are shafted on our Inf mission SK.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Thumbs up

Ohh so now its our job to find a solution for a problem we never created. I thought funcom was paid to do that?

Yeah, thats constructive in and of itself.

And if we have to come up with a solution the why dont you lead the way. Make a suggestion YOURSELF before you ask others to do so.

Other than that i agree with what your saying about it being a rush job but at least they responded to it.
    Last edited by STDragon; Aug 31st, 2006 at 20:35:03.

To post what the solution is might, for the inquisitive, set off what was going on, be it a coding problem, exploit, server hamster on EPO... honestly, I'm sure they'll let us know in due time.

Ohh so now its our job to find a solution for a problem we never created. I though funcom was paid to do that?
    Ever heard of "feedback"? Or actually *gasp* going to Test server? The more people that actually help out in testing things like this, the less likely it'll make its way live. (for the record, I play there, and no, not often enough, I'll admit.)

And if we have to come up with a solution the why dont you lead the way. Make a suggestion YOURSELF before you ask others to do so.
    Again, I say, ever heard of feedback? I've sent in a few through the proper channels.

Other than that i agree with what your saying about it being a rush job but at least they responded to it.
    Not much else they could do, really... yes, it sucks for people stuck at that point, and I feel for everyone that is (I'd probably be more mad myself if I actually had someone at that step), but considering the nature of the situation... *shrugs sadly*

To post what the solution is might, for the inquisitive, set off what was going on, be it a coding problem, exploit, server hamster on EPO... honestly, I'm sure they'll let us know in due time.
    So if Funcom wont even tell us what the problem is how are we supposed to make any type of recommendation?

Quote Originally Posted by Rurga
    Ever heard of "feedback"? Or actually *gasp* going to Test server? The more people that actually help out in testing things like this, the less likely it'll make its way live. (for the record, I play there, and no, not often enough, I'll admit.)
    Look people go to the test server voluntarily, and they do so to help out Funcom and i praise all who do it, but I pay to play. I work and get compensated for my time and effort as do most people. Guess what, Funcom employees(key word) do the same thing i do except their job(those who are testers) is to *gasp* TEST! Most people are here to play not work. If they go test,again its because the volunteer to do so.

Feeback: a reaction or response to a particular process or activity. (What do you think this threads OP was doing? He was giving feedback.)

Work: exertion or effort directed to produce or accomplish something for compensation. (Not somehting i want to do when i fire up Anarchy Online. Im not a FC employee)
    Last edited by STDragon; Aug 31st, 2006 at 20:58:32.

Again, if they say what the problem is, you can bet your bottom dollar (or euro, or franc, or whatever) that there'll be a storm of people trying to exploit the bejeezus out of it before the server goes down to fix it.

(edit: Yes, I've seen it happen in other games.)
    Last edited by Xariama; Aug 31st, 2006 at 20:42:34. Reason: missed comment and atypically bad spelling

Its funny how, a bug in AO is ether:

If it works agains the player, workig as intended

If it works to the benefit of the player, an exploit

Btw, they was suposed to test the new XP/SK rewards on Testlive to ensure it dident create anny Expoits :-) I guess someone from test dident report it, and wanted to get ahead on live :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Xerfi View Post

Btw, they was suposed to test the new XP/SK rewards on Testlive to ensure it dident create anny Expoits :-) I guess someone from test dident report it, and wanted to get ahead on live :-P
    They may have tested it on test but with only a few players that play there to actually test it out Yes Stuff will slip by. Alot of bugs go through the Beta testing of new software but get discovered in the live launch. That is what happened here I'll bet.
    Carogelw 216/18 Soljah!
    Proud General of (AoD) Anarchists of Destruction
    (AoD) spreading the path of destruction for over 3 years

We are recruting!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerfi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nophex View Post
    The negative SK bug only occured with certain level characters within a specific faction range. Unfortunately the tests we ran never completed the quests at the specific level/faction that was required to reproduce the bug. Yes we should have caught it but unfortunately we didn't. I apologize for the additional downtime that was required to fix this.

We are looking into methods to help the people that were effected by this (18 people total across all 3 servers).
    The message you entered is too short
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Again, if they say what the problem is, you can bet your bottom dollar (or euro, or franc, or whatever) that there'll be a storm of people trying to exploit the bejeezus out of it before the server goes down to fix it.

(edit: Yes, I've seen it happen in other games.)
    They have already "fixed" the sploit, by removing SK/XP. now they could tell us why they did it, and that they are working on a bether solution, wich I think they are not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast