Thread: other-breed-and-faction-than-omni-atrox-online

other-breed-and-faction-than-omni-atrox-online

/whiny-but-100%-serious-rant start

While we all enjoy the new items being introduced, I have a small suggestion. Now that we have Ring of Plausibility and Hadrulf's Viral Belt Component Platform it's time to consider something buffing the 2 other stats. Yes, I am aware that it may seem strange that one should need stuff to buff strength and stamina, but not everyone is atrox or have access to Frederickson Micro-kinetic Sleeves or Omni-Tek Gunship. I'm suggesting maybe some sleeves that buff str/sta, around 20-25 should do it. Or maybe some crazy hud1 item, that added a whole lot?

If you think my suggestion would grossly overpower the NTs or traders or nanomages or just plain don't like it, please post a link to where I can join the funcom-atrox-melee-advy-org. I know it requires me to go omni, but I can do that for you guys.

Cya

/whiny-but-100%-serious-rant end

Just responding to the thread title.

Lets see. I as a trox soldier can get buffs that do:

+12 Attribute Boost
    +15 Sense (ES)
    +25 Agility (FG)
    +20 Int/Psy (NS)

Now let's look at the other two:

+12 Attribute Boost
    +27 Str/Sta (Behe)
    +20 Str/sta or +40 Str (IC or Prod. Str)

I dunno why, but somehow it looks like the "other two" can be buffed pretty well - and that doesnt even include any buff items (+20/20 pistol anyone? Or just the plain old +25 Sta pistol) - even if you're not omni. Getting a gunship is also much easier said than done.

Other than that, more items that buff abilities is always good. Just no need to paint it all black&white.
    ಠ_ಠ

Don't forget those nice ql 10/160 cushions everyone screams about in the making money threads

Edit: what the hell.

Adrenaline Factory: 4-12 str/stam
    Captain of Tir Ring: 4 str/stam (clan only)
    Concrete Cushion: 16-40 str/stam (dual weilded)
    Enhance DNA (all of them, but still str/stam) [perk]
    Primary/secondary genome [perk]
    Freak Strength [perk]
    Extruder Bar
    Keeper self buffs
    Lamnidae Gloves: 1-6 str/stam/agi
    Maar's Red Belt of Double Power: 50 str/stam
    Mountaineer [perk]
    SL Rings (not all, but some)
    SofC: 10-60 str/stam

And that's missing out most items that buff all 6 stats and I've probably missed some str/stam only items as well
    Some of these are prof/side req'd but that's still a pretty nice amount of buffs
    Last edited by Telcea; Sep 1st, 2006 at 12:58:39. Reason: Removed the Small Ebony Figurine
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

that str/stm ebony figurine is not in game
    Labret 220/24 Martial Artist General Of The Union

Funkervogt 220/24 Keeper Henchman of the Goddess Pyro

Rivethed 220/17 Adventurer

Irtrade 220/16 Tradeskill trader

Panzerag 220/26 DD Whore

Dukenukey 220/24

He has a point, though.
    The amount which is buffable by rk stuff is quite equal, worse buffs get compensated with better items. Buff pistols boost roughly the same amount of abilities. ( as for sense, I'm not sure here, but there are rifles for sense )
    What toppled the balance a bit are the items from SL mainly.
    Hud Stuff&Rings mainly. No Stre/Sta Ring. Thats one item, but quite an amount that makes an extreme difference. ( 40-60 from 2 rings ) And now a new ring without Stre/Sta, again.
    With AI, only Psy&Agi were skipped I think. ( Bracers Int/Stre/Sense & Factories Sta\Stre/Sta ) Except for the Viral Platform later on, but thats not so important ,since Pandebelts are better for peak-buffing.

Nothing grossly unbalanced, yet.
    Last edited by Ikarus; Sep 1st, 2006 at 17:14:47.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

i feel the SAME. neutrals i bet have same feeling, but you do have uhm not sure how appreciated advantages (chat from both sides and shops accessable by everyone both garden key sets, tradeskill tokenboard... but a whole lot of disadvantages).. omni vs clan tho.. i see omni FA AR sleeves but heh no clan stamina sleeves.. my sb suck and.. and blah blah.. well it adds up.. wish i had something special compared to omni's that gave me advantages (sb that roots my target for 30secs.. 30sec huge AR/crit boost, better symbs..) the 10sec sb shield i have doesnt do the work for me.
    woofwoof!

Clan Solitus SB is awesome , and Atrox ,too. Not so good for PvP though *edit: as the omni ones* but still far from useless.
    Regarding the Sleeves, well, they got the Stre/Sta sleeves and we got the +4 Ability rings. I'd not say those weren't/aren't handy sometimes, but when you compare the rings... if you need Agi/sense you've got divine teardrops, if you need Int/psy you may choose rings of computing - if you need both ,you take one either and be still better off than the Tir Rings. What I'd like to point out is, that int/psy/agi/sense boni don't weigh so heavy anymore as stre/sta in the current enviroment.
    But well, lets see what the future brings, it's really nothing that hurts the game severly.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

The item reward for finishing the safari guy quest is a 6 slot belt that buffs str or sta +10.

But the rest as well...