Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Change the Ring of Plausability

Change the Ring of Plausability

No more opi hate please, add stamina and strength to the ring of plausability too.
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

Probably the way it is because it's a lot easier to buff sta/str. My opi doc does cry out for more str/sta though
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

which stat's are easier to buff depends a lot of your prof. It's not the same for all prof's. For example, I can't think of a SINGLE use for this ring on my shade. If anyone can, please point it out to me.

Lets see... Agi... Have tons, and more tons, thanks to dual bloodlusts, and the catacombs rings buff more then this ring...

Sense... Ditto...

Int Don't need more then 1k, and even though, it's only for putting on cancers boots, and catacombs rings are better for that...

Psy Can't think of anything at all I need psy for.

Stam There is no prof/breed combo out there that doens't have more stam then an opi shade...

Str... almost the same, but not as bad, plus more buffs....

Now, being an opi shade, isn't all the prof/breed combo's out there, although, I dont' think it would be much use to any other breed with a shade... But it's not much use to most Opi either...

All they seem to be adding is things that are mostly usefull for atrox. Should we start calling it atrox online?

Lets see, they add the alien playfield belt, that is mostl usefull for atrox, although, other breeds get use out of it too, it's targeted at atrox, and nanomage and opi get a bit of a shaft, as it's better for an opi to use a blue belt, most of the time, and for a nanomage to use a yellow, but trox gets a ton out of it.

As for this ring, well, it buffs exactly the same stats. Do they add in a ring that buffs stam/str, for which there are none for the poor opi's? No. They take two rings that are already in game, and pretty much combine them (ring of computing, and ring of divine teardrops/eye of the evening star) making it even easier on trox, and not doing a single thing for those that miss out on str/stam.

Since LE came out, the most they have added buffing stam was that silly HUD item that gives +12 or so. For sense, you get bracers for around that, and also, the belt, and now this ring.

Give opi's some love, add in a few more stam buffing items, that are shade friendly.
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

Quote Originally Posted by DragonShade View Post
    Stam There is no prof/breed combo out there that doens't have more stam then an opi shade...
    Nanomage NT?
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Nope, nanomage NT has more stam then opi shade.

Edit Just decided to look up some hard numbers for you...

220 base stam
    opi 680
    nanomage 748
    so, your already 68 points ahead of us. We use the same twinking gear, so we aren't really going to catch up to you......................

Adding in twinking spirits, and twinking imps, the imps at 275.

Both will be easy to put on at 220.
    Imps: 138 stam, not hard to get/cheap to buy.
    Max spirits: 138, very very very hard to get, very costly to buy.
    Normal quality level spirits: 127, easy to get/cheap to buy.

Nither prof has spirits, or symbs that they wear in combat that buffs stam, so that's a moot point.
    Last edited by DragonShade; Sep 4th, 2006 at 05:44:52.
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

Quote Originally Posted by Rubera View Post
    No more opi hate please, add stamina and strength to the ring of plausability too.
    Would even make sense if it would buff all Abilities by +20....

Dark Front
    Deathstalker Owner of Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    Brucelee2003: Hit, switch target, hit, switch target, avoid pvp. Works.
    Divine001: That's not even funny DS. You're not welcome here.
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstalker View Post
    Would even make sense if it would buff all Abilities by +20....
    I concur, why troxes need str/sta? They have it big enough already. So it's waste for troxes.

P.S.: As solitus I will be happy if something that buffs str/sta will be added to game. Yes, I can hope to get omnitek gunship in a chest... Still... dunno if I loot it or sell it.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

View the ring as a rollup of the Ring of Computing and Ring of Divine Teardrops, with a high QL, and the choice of abilities make a sort of sense, and are clearly less of a change to twinking possibilities. Is there a matching Str/Stam buffing ring?

Not that I know of. But thats really the whole complaint. There seem to be more and more items buffing anything but str/sta.

str/stam is basicly easier to buff then other stats.
    You can get 67 str solely from the buffs (with MAs able to stack 40 more on top of it), compare it to 15 sense, 25 agi or 20 intell/psy and you'll realize why there's no str/stam buffing rings

I can buff agi by +80... With one buff... Add in comps, and it's +92... Can't do that with stam...
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

PvM > Towers

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    str/stam is basicly easier to buff then other stats.
    You can get 67 str solely from the buffs (with MAs able to stack 40 more on top of it), compare it to 15 sense, 25 agi or 20 intell/psy and you'll realize why there's no str/stam buffing rings
    That was true.
    Until belt and rings... (35+20-25 agi/sense/psy/int).
    And we are talking about stamina. 47 buffed. agi/sense/psy/int 60-75 with these items.

Quote Originally Posted by tojejedno View Post
    That was true.
    Until belt and rings... (35+20-25 agi/sense/psy/int).
    And we are talking about stamina. 47 buffed. agi/sense/psy/int 60-75 with these items.
    I was talking about nanos only.

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    I was talking about nanos only.
    Arguing about buffing item, considering only nanos:P

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=247080

quit whining

also

shades get some reasonable str/stam spirits, the same can't be said for psychic for example.

Ok, first, I want an item for use while killing stuff. Second, shades have no use for psychic, so why bring it up?

Oh, and about the spirits, wtf do they have to do with any of this? Any prof in the game can put on ql 250ish stam implants if they want to twink stam. Shades can do the same, it's just instead of using implants to twink it, we use spirits... Wow, big woop... they do the same thing you know.... And just as you won't use a stam chest for combat, I'm not going to use a stam chest for combat...

Oh, and you guys can use http://www.aomainframe.info/showitem.aspx?AOID=123890 it does about the same thing as the spear for shades...
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

PvM > Towers

Quote Originally Posted by tojejedno View Post
    Arguing about buffing item, considering only nanos:P
    My point was that you can buff much more str/stam with nanos, that's why there are more int/psy/agi/sence buffing items.

Yes, and our point is that while that was true a year ago, that you could buff str/stam more then anything else, it's not true now.
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

PvM > Towers

Quote Originally Posted by DragonShade View Post
    Yes, and our point is that while that was true a year ago, that you could buff str/stam more then anything else, it's not true now.
    Did I miss some wondrous new agi buffing nano? Could use on my agent...

Well, maybe, but it's self only, shade nano. +80 agi, and a bunch of evades also.

What we are talking about though, isn't nanos. It's everything combined.

Plus, what if we are in the middle of inferno, with no enfo's around, and we want to swap something around? Buffs aren't the be all, end all you know, having items you can carry around with you helps alot.
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

PvM > Towers

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast