Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Change the Ring of Plausability

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    Did I miss some wondrous new agi buffing nano? Could use on my agent...
    WTB NanoCrystal: Bouncy Kitten
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Yes, poor opifex. They are the nerfest breed.
    ಠ_ಠ

when it comes to stamina: yes.
    * proud member of Storm *

Yes there are a lot of stamina buffing items in the game, but my point is that theres not enough (think equipping 300 support chest). Anyway, it would make sense to have the ring add to ALL abilites instead of just the ones that so obviously benefit Atrox.

There is no ring ingame that adds the same amount of stamina as the teardrop/evening star rings add to agility/sense/int/psy.
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

Quote Originally Posted by Rubera View Post
    Yes there are a lot of stamina buffing items in the game, but my point is that theres not enough (think equipping 300 support chest). Anyway, it would make sense to have the ring add to ALL abilites instead of just the ones that so obviously benefit Atrox.

There is no ring ingame that adds the same amount of stamina as the teardrop/evening star rings add to agility/sense/int/psy.
    As I said in another thread, I dont mind more sta/str items but I do mind when people make it sound like, for example, opifex is the most handicapped breed when it fact it is probably the best breed for equipping most high QL symbiant types - as seen in some posts in this thread.

Opifex may have weaknesses on the stamina side, but atrox has it on the sense/intel/psychic side - from a soldier point of view, I suggest people have a look at artillery symbiants and their steep sense and psychic reqs on many important parts.

In many situations (breed/prof combos), it all more or less evens out with the way things are right now, while other breeds than atrox still have an advantage in many cases.

How far have we come to say funcom hates anyone but atrox (yea, I dont like mongo rage either but that is a different story).
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Ganiscol View Post
    As I said in another thread, I dont mind more sta/str items but I do mind when people make it sound like, for example, opifex is the most handicapped breed when it fact it is probably the best breed for equipping most high QL symbiant types - as seen in some posts in this thread.
    Hehe, I know that opifex isnt the nerfest breed. I sure hope it didn't come out like that. All i'm saying is that new items like these should benefit everyone, imo at the moment it doesn't, given that the ring has a tl7 req there are lots of better alternatives, unless you're Atrox (and yes solitus to some extent).
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

New ring is fine. Stop whining. :P
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    New ring is fine. Stop whining. :P
    Yes trox deserve luv, afterall trox have the lowest average stat around.

Changing the ring isn't plausible guys1
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Wouldn't suck to have the ring changeable ... +INT/PSY/AGI/SEN for one version, +AGI/SEN/STR/STA for another and +STR/STA/INT/PSY for a 3rd.

Dragonshade ... you're right, even a trox shade has no real use for the ring as it is ... INT/PSY? Pfft. My Doc will <3 it but that's really about it. Then again, I'm mostly doing the quests for the SK.

Not sure why they've decided to stop buffing STR/STA, however since Hadrulf's had the same missing buffs, it does seem like someone's policy. It really does make Atrox the breed to be when this kind of thing happens. Maybe someone at Funcom is making a comment about breeding habits? *shrug*.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

the ring is ok as it is... if u want it to be a MUST HAVE item u add str stam... theres NO desent str stam buffing rings... there is NO 200 RK armor that buffs stamina +5 (i know dillion armor does +4 but thats 7 points that are lacking)... APF belt buffs EXACTLY the same +35... i have more intel psy sense and agility than str and stamina... and STR IS LIGHT BLUE! now nanos are nice... but a lvl 1 can get those nanos... as a high lvl i want higher better items for my buffing pleasure... as a solitus also this does help me ALOT on getting higher tier on though... everyone needs different things but neglecting 1 breed by creating many items for agility sense intel and psy... and letting others slack off doesent help anyone

Quote Originally Posted by legionofone View Post
    there is NO 200 RK armor that buffs stamina +5 (i know dillion armor does +4 but thats 7 points that are lacking)

well... http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=160430

but still sucks
    Amordoki 220 nm NT
    Amorforcer 214 trox ENFO
    Amorotti 177 solitus DOC
    Amorexia 150 opi SHADE

bump for str sta
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

From my own personal experience as a TL7 trox casting class, my biggest problem has always been sense. Plenty of ways to buff psy and intel. Whenever I've twinked symbiants it's always been done with 2x ring of divine teardrops, and I don't think this ring will change that. It might be nice for an easy equipable version of NS every now and again, but I don't see it having a serious use in twinking. Time may prove me wrong of course.

It does seem a little strange that stren/stam got overlooked. I would have thought they were the first stats to be looked at for an item like this to fill the gaps in Hadrulfs, would certainly be nice if there was either an alternative that was maybe also unique and required the same finger spot, or they just made the ring buff everything.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    Wouldn't suck to have the ring changeable ... +INT/PSY/AGI/SEN for one version, +AGI/SEN/STR/STA for another and +STR/STA/INT/PSY for a 3rd.
    You stole my idea
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

or just + 20 to all... and add str stam to hadrufs

To me that ring is almost useless without str/sta. The reason is that there are already +20 int/psy/sen/agi rings in the game. Divine teardrops is +30sen/20agi, and I have a pair, and ring of computing is +25 int/psy. It is a very rare case in which I would need all 4 at once.
    str/sta on the other hand, I have no way to really buff on rings.

So why add the only capabilities that are already available as rings, instead of the ones which are not already available, is beyond me.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Everyone knows its Atrox Online, anyone who thinks otherwise is lost and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    So why add the only capabilities that are already available as rings, instead of the ones which are not already available, is beyond me.
    Atrox Online.

basically just agreing with Kuthos here.

Dark Front
    Deathstalker Owner of Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    Brucelee2003: Hit, switch target, hit, switch target, avoid pvp. Works.
    Divine001: That's not even funny DS. You're not welcome here.
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthos View Post
    Everyone knows its Atrox Online, anyone who thinks otherwise is lost and confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathstalker View Post
    Atrox Online.

basically just agreing with Kuthos here.

No, its Adventurer Online.

Unless you believe Randomletter that is
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast