Thread: New GUI elements not saving position (postable version)

New GUI elements not saving position (postable version)

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    This appears to be an issue linked to having had custom or edited GUI skins installed prior to patching. Finding and updating with the default GUI files should resolve the issue.
    Am I a bad boy for making a postable version of this thread?...I don't know, but I do have some feedback on the problem.

I have two accounts, neither of which have ever had custom or edited GUI skins added that I'm aware of (unless you count maps, which I know isn't a skin, but it is the only GUI related thing I have ever downloaded).

I have yet to log every single one of my characters on both accounts, but so far one account seems fine (everything saves properly), and on the other I seem to only have a problem with one of the toons' chat windows resetting to the center position every time I log on, whereas other toons on the same account don't have that problem. This wasn't a problem pre-16.3, so I'm assuming it is the same problem mentioned by Sil here.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Chat windows are saved in each character's prefs, so if it's only one character, press shift-f9 to find that characters charID, then in the appropriate account folder, find the folder that matches that number and check the files etc there... may want to try deleting what's in it (after making a backup of course), then logging on and off properly to ensure the files get created and saved correctly. Then try changing things to see if stuff gets saved correctly. You might then be able to recover some of your settings by copying files from the backup you took back in...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Thanks for the tip Darkbane, I'll have to try that when I get off work.
    You're always so helpful.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

~Lewis Carroll

Okies, I tried to copy/paste my prefs so I would have a backup, but for some reason I can no longer copy the majority of the folders in the prefs folder, much less the entire prefs folder itself. Nor can I delete it. I remember being able to do this in the past, so I'm not sure what has changed.

Regardless, I was able to fix my docking problem. I simply separated all the chat windows I had stacked into their separate windows, logged off with them all spread out, logged back on, and restacked them into one window. This seemed to do the trick, so perhaps my problem was completely unrelated to the 16.3 problem; if so I apologize for starting a thread on it in the 16.3 forum.

I am kinda bummed to find out I can't backup my prefs folder any more though. I wonder what happened there.

Thanks again for offering a helping hand Dark.

~Lewis Carroll

You might want to do a scan of your harddrive...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Yes, sounds like a possible issue with the filesystem...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper