Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New quest mobs "slightly" overpowered...

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    corrected for truth
    Quoted for lameness

BTW, there was nothing to correct. As I can remember, the guard mobs don't drop crap, it's the boss mob that drops the SSD item and clan garden key patterns and from what I'm reading here, it's difficulty appears to be a little out of range for simply a doc and enfo team (maybe a 220 doc and enfo team).

I think Kyai is understating it a bit because there isn't anything easily done to a mob that crits for 15k+ and normal hits for 4-5K, especially considering that garden key teams searching for patterns don't tend to be made up of a 220 doc and enfo.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawtz View Post
    Quoted for lameness

BTW, there was nothing to correct. As I can remember, the guard mobs don't drop crap, it's the boss mob that drops the SSD item and clan garden key patterns and from what I'm reading here, it's difficulty appears to be a little out of range for simply a doc and enfo team (maybe a 220 doc and enfo team).

I think Kyai is understating it a bit because there isn't anything easily done to a mob that crits for 15k+ and normal hits for 4-5K, especially considering that garden key teams searching for patterns don't tend to be made up of a 220 doc and enfo.
    It's more like crits for 13k and normal hits for 9-10k......

And yea, for a team of level 205's, which IS the right level to be hunting for garden key patterns, it takes a full team now, WITH DOC, if not more, where before, you could do it with 2-3 people around 205-210, even if you didn't have a doc.....

It seems like now they are trying to make it so that pen is 160-215, and inferno is 215-220, rather then pen being 160-205, and inferno being 205-220...
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

Quote Originally Posted by DragonShade View Post
    It seems like now they are trying to make it so that pen is 160-215, and inferno is 215-220, rather then pen being 160-205, and inferno being 205-220...
    Currently it rather looks like Ado being 190-219, Pen 160-210 omnis and Inf 160-210 clans.. and all below getting told "stay in Ely"..
    Perhaps they should make upper level locks on the SL playfields

And no, having to farm Inf key patterns with a full team 205+ because of the "adjusted" Anansis was NOT a good idea. This only leads to people bugging the org 220s to farm for them.. who've really got better things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoleet View Post
    And no, having to farm Inf key patterns with a full team 205+ because of the "adjusted" Anansis was NOT a good idea. This only leads to people bugging the org 220s to farm for them.. who've really got better things to do.
    ...like farming FRN off low-level dynas in Ely.

This goes to show Funcom could easily solve two problems at the same time, but why support a dying game when you can fragment the community still further?
    Last edited by Keldros; Sep 22nd, 2006 at 12:57:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyloche View Post
    Doh, this mean we need a beast capable team to get inferno key? at same time all sorts of dudes train all things haywire in crosses do weird quests? oki doki, i have indeed missed totw
    I agree that such a change is not very helpful. The key quests up there isn't that entertaining as they already were/are, I think.

LAst time I've checked - you don't need to kill hands to get garden PBs. paterns drops not only from them, but from mobs near them too.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

drop of PB patterns from adds around the hands is poor at best last time i checked
    Lonillen - 220/21 Kingpin (equip)
    Lonilfen - 220/25 Savior (equip)
    Lorisren - 216/19 Eternalist (equip)
    Lonitra - 214/16 Chairman and CEO (equip)
    Loneshade - 220/16 Lich (equip)
    ....and a bunch of other lowbies....

missing something?

Hm as a 216 doc with top heal for his level i went out to battle LotV with a few friends - namely a 217ish MP, 218ish Engi and Crat.

About 50% into his life bar we got wiped because i got aggro and was not able to outheal his damage ...with my ~13K HP at that time.
    As far as i remember the 217 big engi bot went down just b4 i died and i also remember to see the blue MP demon dead sometime.

So now i read that LH and RH are a lot harder and my quest is advanced to the point where i have to kill them - if i go there with the same team that went to LotV we would be dead even faster.

Now i read level 220 doc can solo this and that - what am i missing here?
    I cant even keep a decent team alive vs. these mobs @216 with top heal and +healing% perked - Is the difference 216 -> 220 realy THAT big?

Or is it that these people are using some sort of explo...t ERRR i mean feature, that allows soloing mobs that kill with 2 hits while they are at full aggro healing, doting, shotting, fighting lag and STILL survive?
    Strength and Honor

1. You had no tank
    2. Your HP is pretty low for a 216 doc. Get it up 5k more and get some crit reduction/reflect items and you can probably solo lotv. It's been done at 214 afaik.

Anansis hands you probably still couldn't solo, but UBT+216 heal is well enough to outheal his damage on a real tank-profession.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

reflect

engi team shield shadowlands is the best if you dont have a soldier right?
    Strength and Honor

Quote Originally Posted by Luicfer View Post
    engi team shield shadowlands is the best if you dont have a soldier right?
    Yes, engi has second best team shield, where top engi team aura is 24% (Empowered Reactive Harmonic Cocoon), available from level 185. Top Soldier team aura is 28% (Pre-Nullity Sphere), but that's only available from level 220. At level 212 Soldier has team 27% (Adaptive Resonance Field) and at level 207 26% (Reactive Resonance Field). You can see the entire straing here.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    1. You had no tank
    2. Your HP is pretty low for a 216 doc. Get it up 5k more and get some crit reduction/reflect items and you can probably solo lotv. It's been done at 214 afaik.

Anansis hands you probably still couldn't solo, but UBT+216 heal is well enough to outheal his damage on a real tank-profession.
    Yep, with 214 heal, and a 220 keeper tanking, we were able to do R-hand, didn't try L-hand, as beast was starting... Was a bit hard though, had to use perk heals every time he critted, which was quite a lot.

On a side note, bio cocoon tanks using coon are very handy for reminding you to UBT, as you just refresh ubt every time they cocoon. The r-hand hits through keeper coons in 2 hits. Not 3, 2... :-/
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

Bump for MORE mobs like this

apf42 was good, give us more challenging stuff like that.

give us a mountain full of 300 mobs, some brutal dungeon to explore, some more pwnzourazz quests to do, Anything challenging would be appreciated.

good job on the quests (make the spawn timers like they were when it was launched plz)
    220/AI30
    AO Consortium updated 2.16.09
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: a good 150 enof could tnak all fo them
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: can i tank all of them?
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: are you enfo ?
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: are 150
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: no 41 doc
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: tehn noo
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: =(

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234