Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New quest mobs "slightly" overpowered...

New quest mobs "slightly" overpowered...

You absorbed 10000 points of fire damage.
    Anansi's Left Hand hit you for 3852 points of fire damage.Critical hit!
    Anansi's Left Hand hit you for 11713 points of fire damage.Critical hit!
    Anansi's Left Hand hit you for 5020 points of radiation damage.
    Anansi's Left Hand hit you for 9745 points of radiation damage.
    Anansi's Left Hand hit you for 13532 points of radiation damage.Critical hit!
    Entering 'The Garden of Lord Galahad'

50k dmg in less than 10 seconds, against a fully buffed 215 Enfo with 22k AC (Bellum+Assurance+Troll).. and I thought with over 36k HP I'm almost immortal. I've tanked LotV and several other 250+ mobs, but none of them came even close to THOSE numbers.
    These two guys definitely need a nerf! Considering you also need to kill them for some Inferno key patterns that you usually don't farm with a small army, they are horribly overpowered now.
    Last edited by Shaoleet; Sep 4th, 2006 at 12:54:25.
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

Correct me if Im wrong, but aren't Anansi's right/left hand are bosses that always used to be out there, droping patterns for clan key?
    If so I used to kill it with some doc assistance on my 220 MA, who is not as godly as you, with only 13.5k HP

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    Correct me if Im wrong, but aren't Anansi's right/left hand are bosses that always used to be out there, droping patterns for clan key?
    If so I used to kill it with some doc assistance on my 220 MA, who is not as godly as you, with only 13.5k HP
    Guess why I reported that.. they've been "tuned" with 16.3, and that's been a bit overdone. I used to farm clan key before when my Enfo was still lower, with a 200ish Doc. Now one 220 Doc is barely enough to survive that beast.
    The Hands used to hit a bit harder than the molokhs on that island.. regulars around 2,5-4k, crits around 5-6k. Now I've seen no regular hit below 6k and no crit below 10k - which makes them about double as hard than before, and 50% harder than Lord of the Void which was previously regarded as the hardest mob beside The Beast. And that for a QUEST MOB! (both for the new quests and the inferno garden key)
    Last edited by Shaoleet; Sep 4th, 2006 at 13:15:30.

Gonna have a look on left and right hands dmg when i get home .. i used to camp them both for a long time for the parts for SSD. But seam strange that they needed to be tuned in the first place .. thought they where hard enouph as they where ...
    Florentino"Marlark" Suitt
    Master of the Universe of The Asylum

[Genesis] Marlark: First rule of Genesis, Blame canada for anything and everything with other words blame Rotender.
    [Tsunameh]: i just bought this acct on ebay and you're only friend on the friendslist. There's no creds, could i get some plx?
    [Genesis] Marlark: **** HAPPEN WHEN YOU PARTY NAKED!!!!!!
    [Nipntuck]: what org r u in

Originally Posted by "Thetweek" : yeah well its a big thing to do marlark is like god :> so hard to go against him hehe

Uhm I did lotv with the same doc prety easily
    Gonna try the "new" left/right hand when I get a chance
    Untill now I havn't found anything in inf that could kill me with doc support

Quote Originally Posted by Marlark View Post
    Gonna have a look on left and right hands dmg when i get home .. i used to camp them both for a long time for the parts for SSD. But seam strange that they needed to be tuned in the first place .. thought they where hard enouph as they where ...
    I've got this strange su****ion that something went wrong when they created the Anansi Storyteller and Dreamkeeper.. they are both the same monster class, and both hit quite hard for their 210 QL.. so I think those two have been tuned to be just hard enough, and the 255QL models of that mob that are the Anansi Hands have scaled up accordingly.
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

I used to be able to kill them on my shade, with just a trader for support. Now? Pfft, not a chance.
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

Noone said you have to do those quests solo or that those quests can be done solo.

This isn't about the quests. These mobs are normal dyna's, they drop phat loot, and also pattern pieces for the inferno key quest.

As a bit of an example, I killed one last night on my 214 doc, with a 220 keeper tanking. He got below 50% hp just about every single time he got hit. They used to hit for around 3-4k, now they hit for 8-10k. Normal.. Crits for 11k+

They have been around for a long time, and even once everyone has done the quests, they will still need to be killed, for clan garden key quest, and for the loot they drop. Making it so you need a really high level tank, and a good doc, when before you just needed to grab a friend or two and go wack them, isn't a good change.

Before, they were not as hard as lord of the void. Now, they are harder.
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

Bring some reflects and crit resist items =)
    Lunette 220+20 ninja on RK2.

My new avatar reflects how sad I am because I will miss Famine.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoleet View Post
    These two guys definitely need a nerf! Considering you also need to kill them for some Inferno key patterns that you usually don't farm with a small army, they are horribly overpowered now.
    dunno where you problem is, this is meant to be high level team based content. i (215 mp) did those two mobs with a 220 doc, as a two man army. and even razor and xark are no problem as a two man army, it just needs some time.

yay for harder battles!
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by Reas View Post
    dunno where you problem is, this is meant to be high level team based content. i (215 mp) did those two mobs with a 220 doc, as a two man army. and even razor and xark are no problem as a two man army, it just needs some time.
    for a 220 doc nothing in inferno WAS a problem. i never could, for example, understand why they nerfed xark and razor (you used to need a MP for NSD for them...now i go there, and solo them, no prob). man you do the inferno key in a team of 6, go bring these 6 people and pwn the hell out of them. stop whining :P
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Thumbs down

keep whining.. the game isnt easy enough already?

wtb harder mobs, wtb some challenge in this game, it's more like a kindergarden nowdays
    LifeProvider Greleal
    LifeTaker,agroStealer Prozakro
    Guest Star Shagrani

Feed the hamster!ffs!
    Reborn through hate!
    "And we are the ones that want to chose,
    We'll slash your necks until you die
    Always want to play,
    Reborn through hate!
    But you never want to lose."
    Commands that the death shall rot your life

Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    for a 220 doc nothing in inferno WAS a problem. i never could, for example, understand why they nerfed xark and razor (you used to need a MP for NSD for them...now i go there, and solo them, no prob). man you do the inferno key in a team of 6, go bring these 6 people and pwn the hell out of them. stop whining :P
    i'm not whining at all, shaoleet is whining. If you read again I wrote that even xark and razor are NO problem, with a doc on my side, it just needs some time, to get them down, nothing to complain about.

In my eyes those quests are to easy at all, most of them is even for an 215 gimp mp like me solo no problem. No real high level content in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by lunette View Post
    Bring some reflects and crit resist items =)
    Crit resist doesn't seriously help, I got 3% on my doc, but out of 3 hits 2 were crits. Both for 10k through PNS. Which makes for more then 14k crits without any reflects.

Which points at an insane AR.

Oh, and their HP have been trippled with the 16.3 patch too.
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front - Join us now!

Nice. On the positive side, it seems my SSD just increased in value, hehe.
    But it's good that they got a boost. Was a bit silly that level 250 mobs were soloable ;P
    Lunette 220+20 ninja on RK2.

My new avatar reflects how sad I am because I will miss Famine.

But why not boost mobs like xark, razor, and lord of the void, to match them?
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

PvM > Towers

Doh, this mean we need a beast capable team to get inferno key? at same time all sorts of dudes train all things haywire in crosses do weird quests? oki doki, i have indeed missed totw
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Member of Angels of the night, Rimor

I wonder who of the "they are soloable / not hard" guys here actually tried them after the patch ...
    * proud member of Storm *

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast