Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New quest mobs "slightly" overpowered...

Uhm let's see...

Quote Originally Posted by ulna
    you first state that you soloed them quite easy (before patch tho)
    orly?
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    Correct me if Im wrong, but aren't Anansi's right/left hand are bosses that always used to be out there, droping patterns for clan key?
    If so I used to kill it with some doc assistance on my 220 MA, who is not as godly as you, with only 13.5k HP
    Guess you are wrong...

then that a 13.5 uncrittable tank is better for single mobs than enfs or soljas. that the beast couldn't crit you so those 2 won't crit you either (without having tested it). etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    And don't tell me it can crit me, because even beast couldn't do that o.O
    So where exactly did I claim they can't? I ment that I'd be very surprised if they could. Guess you are wrong again?

I think you have a huge knowledge of MAs Deniska, but your forum posts are mostly spam. and I am not the only one thinking that. your opinion is the only valid, everyone who disagrees is being flamed. you derail threads by posting not on topic. you post wrong information. did you even notice that in your sales thread you mixed up the agility / sense stats of the rings you sell? are you aware that enfs also have single taunts and not only mongo? or how would an enf tank biodome otherwise ... ?
    Jesus you posted lots of crap that is clearly not on topic and then in the very next moment accuse me on posting offtopic?
    WTH my sale post has to do with this post?
    If you decide to bring enfo taunts issue from another thread then at least mention it was about pande and how exactly single taunts are going to help enfo tank the adds? And biodome has nothing to do with it because the argument was about pande.
    Gee was that a bunch of clueless offtopic spam?
    Oh and just confess that you didn't even read what I wrote and just wanna punch that horrible forum troll and all your posts are nothing but personal attacks. Give me a break and learn to read
    Last edited by deniska; Sep 6th, 2006 at 07:30:30.

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    Go max reading, I never said they are super easy I just said MA would be better to tank then enfo.
    And I wasn't talking about solo I was mentioning doc's backup all the time, it's time to buy that pair of cool glasses you always wanted
    So, did you then killed em finally post-patch or is it still all just hot air?

Dark Front
    Deathstalker Owner of Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    Brucelee2003: Hit, switch target, hit, switch target, avoid pvp. Works.
    Divine001: That's not even funny DS. You're not welcome here.
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

I tought it was fun killing the hands, had to actually come up with a bit of a strategy in order to kill them.
    Salomar [220/30]
    Rainbowz [200/23]
    Twopairs [150/20]
    SPARTA

Quote Originally Posted by Salomar View Post
    I tought it was fun killing the hands, had to actually come up with a bit of a strategy in order to kill them.
    Yeh, Sold/Doc combo still rocks em pretty good (not to mention it was, pre-patch, alot faster too) still they got some serious upgrade regarding dmg/hps.
    And Docs can still solo em, it just takes more work and concentration now.

Dark Front
    Deathstalker Owner of Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    Brucelee2003: Hit, switch target, hit, switch target, avoid pvp. Works.
    Divine001: That's not even funny DS. You're not welcome here.
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

The hands themselves aren't a problem. 216 doc could easily outheal the damage on our 220 enfo, went smooth. The problem was with adds, which ruined our first attempt.
    An interesting thing, due to some wierd range issue with the hand relative to the guards, you can go on the ledge over the left hand and inch towards it. At some point it agroes you, and runs all the way around to hit you - a perfect pull.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

solod. x_x

ok..needed more time than before the patch but in the end wasn't such a big deal. just stay over 11.5k hp all the time and you are fine
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    The hands themselves aren't a problem. 216 doc could easily outheal the damage on our 220 enfo, went smooth. The problem was with adds, which ruined our first attempt.
    An interesting thing, due to some wierd range issue with the hand relative to the guards, you can go on the ledge over the left hand and inch towards it. At some point it agroes you, and runs all the way around to hit you - a perfect pull.
    If you pull the hands right you need only clear 2 adds before the pull and then you'll be fine, just did these guys a couple of times yesterday with a doc and sold, was really a walk in the park.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Was taking him out with a doc orgbuddy at the first attempt, we where doing fine until (at about 1/3th of it's hp left) the dualled crat we brought got aggro and got wtfpwned with a bigass crit, thus releasing an extra Anansi's Child on our behinds.

Well, we got it at the second go anyway. Lesson learned, don't hook your crat up with a freaky pet when you're busy healing a not too high hp fixer

->Sethic 220/30!/70 - Equip - Tetnman - Proud President of TETN / Hunter of Gridmonkeys - Atlantean
    ->Grittlez 2xx/29/6* - Equip - ex155.
    ->Vaithic 150/20/** - Equip - Euthanasia through means of oversized cannons (ETMOSC tm).
    ->Vaithe 150/15 - Sleeping...
    ->Wrangletit - Billy Bob Monocle - Grumpy salestrox and carry-all.
    -> Some alts not worth mentioning

TETN <3
    Server first to say "GUUUHUHUHUHN" out loud.

reroll neut
    or omni

/run
    Rubennib [220/30 keeper]
    Darooses [220/23 crat]
    Rubedoc [220/25 doc]
    Keritan [220/25 enf]

and a few more.

These mobs are not to hard, even as they are now they are trivial with just a doc + enf/sold. Bring some friends next time, everything isn't meant to be solo content.

I like these mobs. They're not easy, and avoiding adds on that island means you need to know what you're doing.

Killed them with Sold/Doc/MA the other day.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Off topic, i belive more mobs got tweaked. I've received 4knon-crit (!!!!!!) hits from conflagrant&co. Fire dmg.

I actually don't think the HP on these mobs were increased all that much, mostly the damage increased a LOT, and I *love* it.

I think inferno needs to have lots more mobs that are hard because of the damage they do, not because of insanely long HP bars. I would much rather be forced to run with a team of 6 because it took the coordinated effort of all 6 to survive, but where they could kill a mob in 3 mins, than need to bring a team of 6 because less than 6 and it will take 15-30 mins to kill a mob.

bump for mobs that hit hard, drain nano, stun, cocoon, AoE, or debuff but don't have HP bars the length of the screen.

Maybe they should increase the drop rate on phatz, if they are making the mobs harder?
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

Quote Originally Posted by DragonShade View Post
    Maybe they should increase the drop rate on phatz, if they are making the mobs harder?
    That's the truth. How much harder is it going to be to convince a team of 6 people to help you camp phatz now? Not gonna happen.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawtz View Post
    That's the truth. How much harder is it going to be to convince a team of 6 people to help you camp phatz now? Not gonna happen.
    You still can do all the anansi mobs easily with a team of two, and the stuff they drop is supposed to be very rare and special.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
    You still can do all the anansi mobs easily with a team of doc + tank, and the stuff they drop is supposed to be very rare and special.
    corrected for truth

Quote Originally Posted by FlorinSalam View Post
    Off topic, i belive more mobs got tweaked. I've received 4knon-crit (!!!!!!) hits from conflagrant&co. Fire dmg.
    Hmm Incandescent hit me for 4+k too, but I thought those were crits... didn't really watch the messages, was busy staying alive .

Quote Originally Posted by DragonShade View Post
    Are you crazy? If risk versus reward was connected in Anarchy Online, people could actually accomplish their goals without spending months being frustrated. The addiction factor is greater than the common sense to stop playing AO and feeding Funcom money for frustrating timesinks instead of the fun content we used to have.
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

Quote Originally Posted by FlorinSalam View Post
    They already did those kind of hits before. Spirits boss in Inferno have various attacks, and from what i've read somewhere on the enfo forum, it's the currentnano vs maxnano attack, but i've always died before i coud drain out all its nano to test it myself.
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast