Thread: Some news about mouse zoom

Some news about mouse zoom

Since people are still complaning about this feature (and not without a reason), I thought I'd share some good news
    On the test server, it is already optional. You can completely disable mouse wheel or make it scroll your sidebar even when it is not directly over it.
    Rejoice
    Last edited by Valvs; Sep 4th, 2006 at 23:23:54.

I would still have prefered the CTLR + Mouse Wheel solution as it would bring the feature in line with the other mouse camera controls.
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

O M G

that was the best news ever I bow down and thank whoever made it optional

Edit : Hmm since I can't log into test right now I'll have to asap :P But I hope its like .. back to its original state, like before 16.3 ?
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Yaaaaahooooooooo
    /me dances in glee.. no more fubar'ed camera just because of a touch on the wheel

Now that I know that something is getting done with the issue, yay, I'll stop with my stupid complaints.

O.O UBAH NEWS!!

please oh please oh please let this change hit Live
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

Quote Originally Posted by Khalem View Post
    I would still have prefered the CTLR + Mouse Wheel solution as it would bring the feature in line with the other mouse camera controls.
    bump for this as an additional option!!

glad to hear fix is otw
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

I will believe i when I see it, of course.
    But hope has been restored indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    I will believe i when I see it, of course.
    But hope has been restored indeed.
    I think its pretty safe to say they'll make optional zoom permanent given the overwhelming outcry (and the fact that it's already being tested ofc). I'd be rather surprised if they don't re-colorize the skill bars as well, and adjust the fonts.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

~Lewis Carroll

Thanks for listening FC! This really made my day!!!!

OK, when i see the place where I can disable this option I can finally get serious about getting a second paid account

The option to disable scrollwheel zooming is on the F10 Options window.

Custom GUIs will need to be updated to display the option.

Cambo

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    I think its pretty safe to say they'll make optional zoom permanent given the overwhelming outcry (and the fact that it's already being tested ofc). I'd be rather surprised if they don't re-colorize the skill bars as well, and adjust the fonts.
    From your lips to FC's ears.
    Dogeared: their fix will probably eliminate the 'sploit that allows you to pass through ''doors'' from one playfield to another. <-- zomg, she was right!

Quote Originally Posted by dellinda View Post
    From your lips to FC's ears.
    heh...of course what do I know though...I thought for sure they would finally put a note in the map navi description to let noobs know they can't reset it seeing as they went to the trouble of rewriting them and all that.

I almost wonder if its not a ploy to make people play longer since they'll get to a point and be like, 'oh crap, this toon can't be all that it can be because I got ip wasted in map nav'.
    /sigh
    /reroll
    /renew subscription
    Last edited by Vlain; Sep 5th, 2006 at 17:28:27.

~Lewis Carroll

Amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    ...I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

And where can one view the patch notes for the upcoming patch?
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    And where can one view the patch notes for the upcoming patch?
    Bet they'll post it after releasing the patch on live... so you'll have something to read in the following 3 days of downtime...