Thread: Anyone having lots of client crashes since the patch?

Anyone having lots of client crashes since the patch?

Just curious.

I've been having a bunch. I played yesterday and had about 6 in the course of an hour and a half. That seems a bit excessive, although I was able to relog into the game pretty quickly each time. It would just be nice not to be worried about fighting harder mobs for fear of crashing in the middle of a fight and relogging in front of a reclaim terminal!
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

when I first loaded it up, it would crash every time I zoned, or every time I sat still for more than 5 minutes, or every time I tried to do anything....

messed around with my gfx settings for about 2 hours, and got it working okay, but I still LD a lot mroe than before

Nothing. Was connected to the game for 6 hours yesterday with no disconnects and no crashes.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Nothing. Was connected to the game for 6 hours yesterday with no disconnects and no crashes.
    Same
    Odinochka 220/30/70 Sol Veteran of Punk
    Linadoc 220/29/70 Doc Advisor of Punk

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Were you mostly in SL or on RK? The reason I ask is that for some reason SL has always been a little more stable for me than RK.

The crashes that I was having were all on RK.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Yes. I'm also crashing a lot on RK since the patch.

><

Whilst I am experiencing many more crashes since 16.3 they have mostly been whilst running two instances of AO and so probably not something FC are at all interested in - which I fully understand.
    However, it is certainly something that has been introduced with this patch.

I have had occasional crashes (of the order of 1 every 6 hours) when playing with just the one instance.

The crashes are often when using the control centre (F10) but have also been when I'm just stood in Bor doing nothing much other than watching the chat windows or when just moving the mouse across the screen.

Lots of crashes in Wine, not even crashes, the damn engine just killed my ATI drivers (judging by logs after the recovery) which resulted in my PC hanging.

Crashing almost every zoning on GeForce6600 in WinXP. Tried like 5 different drivers - didnt help.

In recently installed Vista RC1 i've encountered the same problem, however, after installation of "NVidia for Vista RC1" drivers it doesnt crash anymore. I have 12 days left till activation tho :/

Never used to ld, now i ld so much etc

Its not isp kuz other progs in the back carry on running with inet

tis wierd..

Playing Aion
    Mannyyy 60 Ranger - Tiamat Asmo

220/22 Opifex Fixer Retired Mannyfixer

And the rest of the Manny toons.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Shadow Mercs
    ShadowMercs! Tl5's
    Signature last updated 2012...
    ----------------------------------------------

I dont crash on ATI Radeon 9600 but i have clipping (only on AO so my card isnt fooked). I got visual bug, texture dont show and that clipping things time to time, not all the time.. anyone experienced that with ATI cards?
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

im not crashing as much as it seems FC stops talking to me... every night around 12 CST... my internet still works... my trillian works... but the game is like watching someone draw it on a etch a sketch

Quote Originally Posted by Abdominaux View Post
    I dont crash on ATI Radeon 9600 but i have clipping (only on AO so my card isnt fooked). I got visual bug, texture dont show and that clipping things time to time, not all the time.. anyone experienced that with ATI cards?
    clipping things from time to time on ATI Radeon 9800 series... also don't worry ur not the onlyone

Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

2 zoning crashes on RK (2 computers 1 crash on each) when i usually go for months without a zone crash. coincidence? maybe.

Glad to hear I am not the only one. For a while now (wasnt like this before) I will have spells of 6 hour gaming time...and then for the next 2-9 hours I crash//ld randomly ever 5 minutes to an hour. When I do the ctrl+alt+delete my pc is not using max cpu's, it seems to be running like it usually does. But yea, since patch I have lded/crashed in an alien ship right at the boss. Multiple times at several zods raids. During pvp. At several dynas I was about to kill. And generally, a bunch of other times where it "didn't matter so much". But it still gets really annoying. I noticed that about half the time I crash right as I zone. And about half the time I just crash for no apparent reason.

What is even weirder is that when I am on the internet. I don't ld/crash. But when I am playing AO I crash (and sometimes can restart the game) but for every time I restart the game, 50% of the time it seems to make me crash faster then the last time until I actually restart the whole pc.

What is EVEN weirder is that I have had a few crashes which I did not have before, basically ever. Where I crash, then I get a little bubble in the bottom right corner of the screen that says "you have little or no activity" regarding my connection. Then I have to "repair it" and restart to get the game to work again.

Like I said, I never get the little bubbles otherwise, unless I am playing AO.

And this just started recently since the last patch about.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Visual glitches with ATI i have had since i replaced my Nvidia with an Ati card
    ATI knows about this, i am hoping they will fix it. No crashes tho, but after
    the patch i have lost my mouse pointer twice. I think it has to do with changed planetmap, since it happened while running around and hitting buttons on map.

i thought i was crashing because of the 16.3 patch, because i never crash in AO, so i then figured it was my internet (which it was). internet seems to have its bad days and stuff.

I haven't had crashes, but since last patch whenever I turn the sound on in Options I get killer lag. Whereas I get no lag whatsoever with all effects on an maximum view distance even on pande/APF/tara raids. Guess I'm just destined to be soundless...
    Vinyaya, 220/15/18 Omni Solitus Soldier of Cosmic Forklift Inc. [RK1][Retired]
    Kyuusaisha, 220/30/68 Neutral Solitus Doctor of Elite Operations [RK1]