Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Etheral Implant of Berserker Rage hitting 1K on zoning

Etheral Implant of Berserker Rage hitting 1K on zoning

I'm quite certain this was not what this symb was supposed to do.
    If you have Etheral Implant of Berserker Rage equipped, you are hit with 1K everytime you zone, not just when you equip it.
    If you zone while wearing it, and have less than 1000 health, guess what, you die.

Is this intended? It seems to me to be just a wrong game mechanic.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

One word : Ouch
    Probably "Parthelius" Hungover 220/30/70 Martial Artist
    Muff "Parthelia" Diver
    220/23/70 Trader
    Oh "Snippetty" Snap 218/22/67 Enforcer

President of Transcendence

sounds like an easy way to kill a fixer...

Probably due to the change they made a few patches ago where effects and buffs were reset upon zoning to fix other issues. Since pretty much all items add bonuses then these types of things weren't really an issue, however with -1k hp on an item refreshing every zone, it's obviously a big problem

Quote Originally Posted by Breaks View Post
    sounds like an easy way to kill a fixer...
    You can't die in grid, besides. Id like to see the PvP fixer that gives up 200 evades, heal delta, add all off and MM for 90 damage.
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

Quote Originally Posted by Malosar View Post
    Probably due to the change they made a few patches ago where effects and buffs were reset upon zoning to fix other issues.
    OMFG! So thats why my enforcer died when i logged back in with mongo running. I was at RRG near a couple of AF guards and commander

Coming home!
    "Pwndedto"---------- 150 Enforcer
    "Pwnded"------------ 60 Martial-Artist
    "Pwnded2"----------- 60 Keeper Pre-AI (Retired)
    "Ipalm"-------------- 40 Agent
    "Hybrid069"----------- 25 Enforcer Setup
    ex-Circle of Notum

Working as intended... move on people, nothing to see here...

Quote Originally Posted by Khalem View Post
    You can't die in grid, besides. Id like to see the PvP fixer that gives up 200 evades, heal delta, add all off and MM for 90 damage.
    Er, you can't die in the grid? Have I missed a patch update or something? How can you own a 220 fixer and not know that you can die in the grid...
    Darkikeeper 220/23 Keeper
    Willace 220/20 Ma Doctor
    Darkiperku 220/20 Pvm perked Shade
    Darkijr 220/19 Engineer
    Darkintel 209/9 Tradeskiller
    Darkinukeu 165/19 NT twink

I've died in the grid. If by die you mean my hp goes to 1, it says I died, and All that good stuff. But I've never actually 'DIED' (IE gone to reclaim) I just sit down, heal up and go about my business.
    -:: XGI ::-
    :Legends Never Die:
    Omni-Tek Protects

Xethraan - 205 - 9 Fixer, an RK2 Org President.
    Xethsdoc - 168 - 7 Doctor, Current active toon

Latest news:
    No news is good news.

If your dotted when you meep, unless you've got high enough heal delta you'll die in the grid :P
    Darkikeeper 220/23 Keeper
    Willace 220/20 Ma Doctor
    Darkiperku 220/20 Pvm perked Shade
    Darkijr 220/19 Engineer
    Darkintel 209/9 Tradeskiller
    Darkinukeu 165/19 NT twink

Quote Originally Posted by Khalem View Post
    It was more a joke than anything else.

But in any event i do plan on getting one of these to swap in for pvm use, at least until I hit 220 and do my massive reperk to get high ql symbs on.

Yes, this one is certainly one of those 'is intended but not quite right' situations. Since the code does now reapply all such effects on zoning the effect is 'intended' in that its on the item and isnt an error. The fact that it could in theory kill the wearer obviously means its something we will at least take a look at and see if we should change it.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Cant you just remove it sili? the 1k hit, you already lower the hp by 1k, if the person have 1k more hp some seconds or minutes, what does that matter?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Yeah 1k hit thingy isnt really needed in this implant, it has already quite a bunch of negative modifiers.

The whole buffs-reactivated-on-zoning/logging has to be revised... I don't know how many times I already had to sit off a pvpflag because I either logged in in the greater vicinity of a guard or zoned into OA /Tir/(where the guards are standing at the doors/whompas).. with mongo still running.
    However, for the mongo! line, the fix would be equally simple.. just add an invalid playshift requirement like on the SL essences so it terminates on zoning..

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoleet View Post
    The whole buffs-reactivated-on-zoning/logging has to be revised... I don't know how many times I already had to sit off a pvpflag because I either logged in in the greater vicinity of a guard or zoned into OA /Tir/(where the guards are standing at the doors/whompas).. with mongo still running.
    However, for the mongo! line, the fix would be equally simple.. just add an invalid playshift requirement like on the SL essences so it terminates on zoning..
    Oh right, never thought off that..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

As for dying in grid... I terminated my twink to lose the XP from AI raid, this was after we had been gridded. Minute later HP goes to zero, death music, but nothing else. No zoning to reclaim, no XP lost. Had to exit grid and /terminate again.
    Resident of Rimor
    Ranged TL7 Adventurer Jonalethian
    Pewpew TL7 Doctor Mirkka
    Nerfed TL7 Agent Steinberg
    Parked TL7 Traderskiller Jonaleth
    General of the clan Coven of Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    Yes, this one is certainly one of those 'is intended but not quite right' situations. Since the code does now reapply all such effects on zoning the effect is 'intended' in that its on the item and isnt an error. The fact that it could in theory kill the wearer obviously means its something we will at least take a look at and see if we should change it.
    I'm happy this will be looked at. I wanted to add that this is not "in theory", as I actually died from this effect yesterday while zoning in and out of shop right after waking up on reclaim with low HP.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkintel View Post
    Er, you can't die in the grid? Have I missed a patch update or something? How can you own a 220 fixer and not know that you can die in the grid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkintel View Post
    If your dotted when you meep, unless you've got high enough heal delta you'll die in the grid :P
    I think you missed a patch.You can no longer die in grid. Unless they unfixed it again very recently. Im perfectly aware that you used to die in grid all the time
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

Please -1k hp maxhealth modifier for it.
    I wanna use it for low-hp twink
    Well, removing 1k damage will end up with health>max health for a few minutes.
    Maybe just add "HP check" at zoning/equipping items/nanos with -hp/-bodydev.
    If (CurrentHealth>MaxHealth) CurrentHealth=Maxhealth;
    Something like this?

While on it - maybe also add fix to +hp items?
    Half of time I've zone - I lose 2-4k hp due to my maxhealth going down with no board/symbs/whatever... And then up but unfilled after it become applied.
    And "hit by DoT on zoning even if protective gear is equipped" issue in ado underwater/pen/inf/pande?
    Like adding "can't modify HP" tag on zoning to person (you already have it and use at PB spawning) and clearing this tag after person fully zoned and all of his gear is applied to him.
    Last edited by kuznechik; Sep 7th, 2006 at 12:14:10.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast