Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Status Update

Quote Originally Posted by Zirkonium View Post
    So what do you do with your right-hand while doing all the walking around, shift+ing and stuff with the left one?
    Right hand is on arrows & num pad for moving & camera positioning or 7-0, l and m for burst, fling and shortcuts depending on the situation, why? Also i use shift with right hand 99% of the time as it is mostly closer to the bottom of the keyboard.
    Last edited by Mithrandyr; Sep 7th, 2006 at 13:28:45.
    220/22/68 Doctor Mithrandyr main character - cool, stylish & crazy even if i die i look good while doing it!
    216/13 Soldier Eriador - semi-retired [doc priority]
    209/11 Engineer Tzar2 - semi-retired [doc priority]
    220/14 Adventurer Icemorph - retired [farm toon]
    213/04 Buerocrat Tzar - retired [farm toon]

- RETIRED / ACCOUNT CANCELED -

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandyr View Post
    So you cover all your hotkeys, specials, moving and camera positioning with one hand while having the other on the mouse to... do what? Sticking to my statement that hitting a key is way faster than having to move the damn cursor over a button

Edit: and i use at least 2 most times 3 or more hotkey bars in teaming/soloing situations so shift switching is included. I'm just damn curious how you could possibly handle this faster with the mouse.
    Which part of "movement" do you not understand? Did nobody fill you in on the possibility of mouselook? Its a simple fact that movement with mouselook is much more effective than use the slowpoke keyboard to turn around.

But to answer your question, I only use my "mouse hand" for the 4 buttons of weapon specials - and when I'm shooting, I dont move.

I can use all hotbars easily with just one hand, if that is your concern.

Yet I still dont like the scroll wheel messing up 3rd person zoom instead of scrolling the sidebar.
    ಠ_ಠ

Right hand is on arrows & num pad for moving & camera positioning or 7-0, l and m for burst, fling and shortcuts depending on the situation, why? Also i use shift with right hand 99% of the time as it is mostly closer to the bottom of the keyboard.
    I have no trouble doing all that with my left hand, except zooming, but that's 'solved' now. I would hate to go from keyboard to mouse all the time to loot though. Also target selection with mouse can sometimes be easier when tanking with pet professions of other factions.

I think im pretty much exactly the same with how I control AO. The only time I use the mouse is for navigating inventory, tradeskills or around the gui. I'm LH for moving and shift-ing for hotkey panels, and RH for controlling camera and weapon specials. Zooming i've always used +- on numpad and I doubt I would ever use the mouse zoom.

I have no trouble doing all that with my left hand, except zooming, but that's 'solved' now. I would hate to go from keyboard to mouse all the time to loot though. Also target selection with mouse can sometimes be easier when tanking with pet professions of other factions.
    Docs cant loot

Edit: and it is a matter of speed maybe if you have to hit only Q and 1 for Mongo or something similar it is ok. Try a doc with only one hand at keyboard and you might have a few unexpected garden visits as you whole team
    Last edited by Mithrandyr; Sep 7th, 2006 at 13:48:42.
    220/22/68 Doctor Mithrandyr main character - cool, stylish & crazy even if i die i look good while doing it!

so when you said you removed rewards from the quest what are u refering to? Do u mean that the new inferno quests are supposed to offer rewards other than the ones already dropping? Or are you refering to something else like the SL missions? It would kind of stink if there were rewards for the quests that I have done already and now because I can't repeat the quests I can no longer gain access to this rewards.

Also the respawn rates of the two quest mobs are said to have been increased does anyone know by how much. I've been told that the one mob had a 4 hour respawn time which is just crazy. :P I hope this has been much improved.

Docs cant loot
    So true!

Using two hands on keyboard while playing my doc, too as this is the most efficient to do the job. I do only switch right hand to mouse for long-time runs or while beeing target caller on a raid or so.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Docs cant loot

Edit: and it is a matter of speed maybe if you have to hit only Q and 1 for Mongo or something similar it is ok. Try a doc with only one hand at keyboard and you might have a few unexpected garden visits as you whole team
    My looting and tanking comment were unrelated. Tanks can't loot (probably even less then docs can). If you stand still as a tank, all the DD's get nervous and start running in front of you (which is extremely hatefull). So you can never loot as a tank, while its more possible on a doc. I have a doc and an enfo at the same level. If the enfo (in your opinion) is Q and 1 for Mongo, then the doc is 1 for assist and 2 for heal. We both know that isn't true.

As for speed, I use left hand for heals/attacks/spcials, and the mouse for taunt tools, nano kits and scrolling between shortcut bars. And turning with keyboard is ackward imo. For me its the fastest.
    Last edited by Zirkonium; Sep 7th, 2006 at 14:08:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaptix View Post
    so when you said you removed rewards from the quest what are u refering to? Do u mean that the new inferno quests are supposed to offer rewards other than the ones already dropping? Or are you refering to something else like the SL missions? It would kind of stink if there were rewards for the quests that I have done already and now because I can't repeat the quests I can no longer gain access to this rewards.

Also the respawn rates of the two quest mobs are said to have been increased does anyone know by how much. I've been told that the one mob had a 4 hour respawn time which is just crazy. :P I hope this has been much improved.
    Rewards were removed from Pen/Inf mission completion.

This is one downtime slot you won't hear a peep from me about, because the mouse zoom is going to be optional. Although it should have been in the first place

A future note for Sil: If you're going to make a change to how the core GUI works, make the new features default, but optional. That way people get to see them and tell you if they like them and turn them off if they don't with minimal bitching for you

I have to say though it is heartwarming to see that community feedback was listened to and remedied this quickly, this time. I hope it happens more in the future (I divert your attention to the NT forums...)
    Last edited by Hacre; Sep 7th, 2006 at 14:17:07.

Will the Smouldering Shadow / Guardian of Dissent spawn times be fixed in this patch?

Edit.. NVM.. Already found the answer on the Patch notes ^^
    The "Forthewin" Generation - The Keeper - (220/27)
    The "Forzeewin" Engineer - The Engineer - (220/15)
    Chuck "Kickalot" Norris - The Martial Artist - (220/18)
    Full "Forthawin" Auto - The Fixer - (220/21)

Proud Member of Redemption.

My looting and tanking comment were unrelated. Tanks can't loot (probably even less then docs can). If you stand still as a tank, all the DD's get nervous and start running in front of you (which is extremely hatefull). So you can never loot as a tank, while its more possible on a doc. I have a doc and an enfo at the same level. If the enfo (in your opinion) is Q and 1 for Mongo, then the doc is 1 for assist and 2 for heal. We both know that isn't true.

As for speed, I use left hand for heals/attacks/spcials, and the mouse for taunt tools, nano kits and scrolling between shortcut bars. And turning with keyboard is ackward imo. For me its the fastest.
    Quote myself: Docs cant loot ... no way if i'd see a doc looting in my team i'd leave (well not if im close to lvl maybe ... selfish selfish ) because and i have to repeat myself here again docs CANT loot. You always have to be the 2nd person at the mob (at high lvl even first) for UBTing and maybe tanking until some1 can take over. You for sure need all time you can get to UBT a resisting Moro etc. again and again. I never really tanked (except some hecks with my sold or CH tanking with doc) so i might have to take that comment back or at least relativate it. Turning with the mouse might be faster (what for turn tho? tab/assist+Q does the job at mutiple mobs) but it is damn inaccurate esp. if you are not used to it.

But still (to go back to the original question) how can it be FASTER to move the mouse over a button than just hitting the key? That everyone plays a bit different is ok and im fine but i asked for speed and efficiancy and that can be (imho) only reached at a maximum degree with 2 hands at the keyboard.

Well... i'm a bit bored while downtimes you may excuse thsi discussion if it goes a bit to far off

logged ingame, disabled the mouse zoom, and am now smiling like I haven't smiled in a long time (over AO stuff). This is awsome the way this was changed, pure and simple. Big thumbs up

edit: then I pressed 'u' and saw the skill 'tree'..still smiling, but not as much as before
    Last edited by Tza; Sep 7th, 2006 at 15:04:58.
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

Interesting - so if I understand this right there is a quest or two that aren't able to
    be accessed right now by the players because you locked them out?

Further certain rewards were locked out during the live game? Meaning since I've
    completed all 4 of the quests, and possibly missed a reward or two because of this
    problem how does one go about claiming these rewards since I can't do the quests
    over again....

Or am I understanding this wrong? Just curious as to where/what I must do to
    prove/claim I have done all 4 quests and should have recieved rewards I didn't... if
    that is what happened... : )

Thanks Sir!
    MEGGY
    RK1 Metalain ~ 220 (21) MP
    RK1 Magz ~ 220 (15) DOC

When in panic, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.
    Rk4 Solja in Sunglasses?

Quote myself: Docs cant loot ...
    I didn't say i disagreed on this. That was my reaction on your statement that tanks could loot cause the only thing they have to do is Q+Mongo.
    Thats why i said: quote: "Tanks can't loot (probably even less then docs can)"

But we're getting way off topic, and since we actually agree on the fact that nor docs, nor tanks can 'really' loot in teams, we might as well end it.

The preference of '2-handed keyboard' <-> '1-handed keyboard + 1-handed mouse' is just an opinion we will never agree on. We both experience our method as the best and the fastest, and I don't think it has anything to do with which the profession you play. All professions when played right ask a lot of keypresses, not only docs and enfos. Nor on my doc, enfo or engi do I have the feeling I'm too slow. I'm quite capable to heal and tank very well while using the mouse.

Maybe make a new thread if you'd like to continue this discusion and post a link here.

I didn't say i disagreed on this. That was my reaction on your statement that tanks could loot cause the only thing they have to do is Q+Mongo.
    Thats why i said: quote: "Tanks can't loot (probably even less then docs can)"

But we're getting way off topic, and since we actually agree on the fact that nor docs, nor tanks can 'really' loot in teams, we might as well end it.

The preference of '2-handed keyboard' <-> '1-handed keyboard + 1-handed mouse' is just an opinion we will never agree on. We both experience our method as the best and the fastest, and I don't think it has anything to do with which the profession you play. All professions when played right ask a lot of keypresses, not only docs and enfos. Nor on my doc, enfo or engi do I have the feeling I'm too slow. I'm quite capable to heal and tank very well while using the mouse.

Maybe make a new thread if you'd like to continue this discusion and post a link here.
    Servers are up so i back out here for the moment... till next downtime where i will find something else to amuse and enlighten us all

and i'm 100% ok with your last statement ^^

Servers are up so i back out here for the moment... till next downtime where i will find something else to amuse and enlighten us all

and i'm 100% ok with your last statement ^^
    You just want to play

Welcome back bud, check your PM's, but I suggest you grab a beer first =P
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by AlcoholicMeg View Post
    Interesting - so if I understand this right there is a quest or two that aren't able to
    be accessed right now by the players because you locked them out?

Further certain rewards were locked out during the live game? Meaning since I've
    completed all 4 of the quests, and possibly missed a reward or two because of this
    problem how does one go about claiming these rewards since I can't do the quests
    over again....

Or am I understanding this wrong? Just curious as to where/what I must do to
    prove/claim I have done all 4 quests and should have recieved rewards I didn't... if
    that is what happened... : )

Thanks Sir!
    Think that was the sanct quests, not inferno quests he had in mind.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

Docs cant loot

I hit 3 full [well, full, such as it is for the enforcers [wtb more perks]] perk lines of taunt/damage perks, fastattack/brawl/dimach, mongo, rage/challenger/layers when i deem appropriate, taunt tool, heal perks, defense perks, and stims. While either tabbing around to find the next mob, selecting a mob that I see is not paying attention to me and thus deserving of one of my taunt perks, selecting next mob with mouse if I'm calling, etc. I don't miss any downtime for perks, mongo, or taunt tool. I do it all with left hand. Mouse is for looking or picking a new target or looking at the PF map to see what path to take. Sometimes for poking through the inventory. Oh yeah, I also type messages in between mongos and perks.

Keyboard is way to slow for turning. Keyboard is only for movement.

Thank you for listening to feedback and making the scroll wheel functions optional.

The only rewards 'missiing' are some SK or XP bonus amounts so i wouldn't worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Animosity View Post
    OK, ffs. just hit F10 go to the control panel, open up GUI options and disable Lag.
    ANi.
    --zanni--
    --calissa--
    --soadoc--
    *SoA* ~Leets!~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12