Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Status Update

Status Update

Back in the office after Dragoncon now so thought I'd post a quick report on the status of the updates.

Today's update will resolve a number of the issues that came up off the back of the 16.3 update last week. Here is a list of the changes that will be made today:

Quote Originally Posted by 16.3.2 Update
    - Made the mouse wheel zoom feature optional.

- Added more Eremites to the Inferno Eremite camp.

- Increased spawnrate on 'Smoldering Shadow' and 'Guardian of Dissent'

- Full auto skill description no longer refer to bows

- Peter Lee should again drop his loot

- Some Inferno monsters are no longer dropping credits.

- Your client no longer freezes when in the vicinity of Eel’s Towers.

- Fixed the reseting of skill view GUI position when the minimized view is on the right side of the screen.

- Grey out zoom in and zoom out buttons in planetmap when the corresponding operation can not be performed.
    Of course the other remaining issue is the disabled quest / mission rewards and the team are still working hard on fixing them all. We hope we will be able to resolve all of these cases very soon (hopefully in 16.3.3) but these changes have to be done manually for each effected instance, so its a time consuming task.

In these cases the reward was set incorrectly when it was first created in the past, and when we improved the code that handled rewards, these old settings caused the issues we saw last week.

Since we couldnt feasibly disable the problematic ones one by one manually quickly enough, we disabled the rewards last week as an interim measure. So once the problem cases are resolved the rewards will be switched back on for missions and quests.

Yes, we know it wasnt the prettiest of 'fixes', but under the circumstances we felt it was the right thing to do so the team had the time to actually resolve the issues properly and thoroughly to prevent future exploits and the team are working flat out to resolve the problem cases as fast as they can so that we can restore the normal rewards as soon as we can.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

welcome back, fr00b
    Sort Martial Artist 220/15 :: Alienchild Enforcer 212/10 :: Sortcrat Bueraucrat 209/10
    Sortmorph Adventurer 206/06 :: Nipple Nano Technician 202/00 :: Sortmezz Bueraucrat 209/05
    Svik Fixer 193/04 :: Sortenf Enforcer 161/00 :: Sortkeep Keeper 173/05
    Sort2 Martial Artist 143/02 :: Sortmedic Doctor 201/05 :: Nipple2 Nano Technician 167/02
    Sortblaster Soldier 67/00 :: Sortha Shade 43/00 :: Sortmp Meta-Phycisist 31/02
    Sortsnipe Agent 30/02 :: Iscrewbots Engineer 6/01

.:Total Levels Gained:.
    Rubi-Ka: 2383 :: Shadow: 48 :: Alien: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Alienchild View Post
    welcome back, fr00b
    Thanks Jet lag really sucks heading back in this direction from the US. The show was great though and it is always cool to get to meet some of you guys in person and chat about the game.

Hopefully we will be able to get this remaining quest reward issue resolved shortly and get things back to normal in that regard.
    Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    Back in the office after Dragoncon now so thought I'd post a quick report on the status of the updates.

Today's update will resolve a number of the issues that came up off the back of the 16.3 update last week. Here is a list of the changes that will be made today:
    So if i log in this evening, i should not expect my new nano Nanobot Defense to work as intended, or are you just too ashamed of the '3=unknown' requirement so that you made it a undocumented fix?

And what's up with my nanorecharge bar that got messed up in an early 16.2 patch? Currently it seems fixed on test again, but it's not mentioned in the updates notes either?
    Syy

Will the update also include getting rid of all these new links for 'srch-results.com' within the forums ?

Whats that all about anyways ?

edit :
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaoleet View Post
    ......looks like the ones used by common spyware..
    Thanks, now looking into this.

2nd edit : Spybot Search & Destroy ftw

Ty Shaoleet
    Last edited by Slipster; Sep 7th, 2006 at 11:12:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipster View Post
    Will the update also include getting rid of all these new links for 'srch-results.com' within the forums ?

Whats that all about anyways ?
    Where exactly do you see those? I don't find any links with that URL anywhere in here.. you sure you don't have a virus or other "network-enhancing tool" installed? At least the referred website definitely looks like the ones used by common spyware..

I hope you just forgot to mention the fixing of Traders/NT new nanos because of the parties/boozing/whatever exertion at Dragoncon. Don't reawake our slumbering trader/NT h8 paranoia plax.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    I hope you just forgot to mention the fixing of Traders/NT new nanos because of the parties/boozing/whatever exertion at Dragoncon. Don't reawake our slumbering trader/NT h8 paranoia plax.
    These are fixed internally, but unfortunately arent in 16.3.2 as they are linked into the fixes for the quests and missions that are still being worked on. Therefore they should be fixed in 16.3.3
    Old Timer

Mousewheel zoom becomes optional... HALLELUJAH!
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Mousewheel zoom becomes optional... HALLELUJAH!
    All you "generation mouse" guys (sry ) noticed that having 2 hands on the keyboard is a lot faster for pretty much everything but looting?
    220/22/68 Doctor Mithrandyr main character - cool, stylish & crazy even if i die i look good while doing it!
    216/13 Soldier Eriador - semi-retired [doc priority]
    209/11 Engineer Tzar2 - semi-retired [doc priority]
    220/14 Adventurer Icemorph - retired [farm toon]
    213/04 Buerocrat Tzar - retired [farm toon]

- RETIRED / ACCOUNT CANCELED -

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandyr View Post
    All you "generation mouse" guys (sry ) noticed that having 2 hands on the keyboard is a lot faster for pretty much everything but looting?
    Its not for moving - unless you do alot of /afk /follow.
    ಠ_ಠ

So you cover all your hotkeys, specials, moving and camera positioning with one hand while having the other on the mouse to... do what? Sticking to my statement that hitting a key is way faster than having to move the damn cursor over a button

Edit: and i use at least 2 most times 3 or more hotkey bars in teaming/soloing situations so shift switching is included. I'm just damn curious how you could possibly handle this faster with the mouse.
    220/22/68 Doctor Mithrandyr main character - cool, stylish & crazy even if i die i look good while doing it!

So you cover all your hotkeys, specials, moving and camera positioning with one hand while having the other on the mouse to... do what? Sticking to my statement that hitting a key is way faster than having to move the damn cursor over a button

Edit: and i use at least 2 most times 3 or more hotkey bars in teaming/soloing situations so shift switching is included. I'm just damn curious how you could possibly handle this faster with the mouse.
    I use my mouse to look around. Most other things I do with the keyboard (and kinda important to learn it that way as a doc too)
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

These are fixed internally, but unfortunately arent in 16.3.2 as they are linked into the fixes for the quests and missions that are still being worked on. Therefore they should be fixed in 16.3.3
    I don't get why you can't patch this in, that excuse isn't good enough - its a nano fix and really has nothing to do with the quests since its just a reward from them.
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Abalz View Post
    I don't get why you can't patch this in, that excuse isn't good enough - its a nano fix and really has nothing to do with the quests since its just a reward from them.
    I am afraid its just not possible for us, if we could of course we would. Espcially since we have already fixed it, we dont hold things back just to annoy people! So its not an excuse, its just unfortnately how the tools involved work.
    Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Abalz View Post
    If you know how to fix it, then why don't you? Usually they don't patch something into a certain patch because, go figure, it's not fixed yet or ready to be added?

Just because it's being added in with fixes with the quests, doesn't necessarily mean that they're not looking into them only with the quests. How does adding the mouse wheel option relate to the spawn times on the quest mobs?
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Regidoc View Post
    I use my mouse to look around. Most other things I do with the keyboard (and kinda important to learn it that way as a doc too)
    Hmmm ok so it's maybe a profession syndrome

Doc 4 life!!!

When do we get a fix for the droprate of Lord of Envy?
    i'd even take the undocumented version

So what do you do with your right-hand while doing all the walking around, shift+ing and stuff with the left one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast