Thread: Spawn time fixed. (Smoldering Shadow)

Spawn time fixed. (Smoldering Shadow)

I myself went there to camp the Smoldering Shadow, and with another person we sat there for well over and hour without a spawn. We were...bummed out and thought everyone had beene lieing to us. Anyways, after an hour and ahalf of standing in the same place I ran around the area (yea, the whole area past the petrified hecklers) and I bumped into tons of Smoldering Shadows. So many infact, that we both go our Smoldering Hair very quickly. Within 10 minutes.

Anyways just wanted to post because while I was camping hopelessly in the same spot (like before) several people came by and asked if I was camping, said they were too, then left with a goodluck and a frown 8(. Figured I would drop everyone a line regarding this quest. Just run around the whole area and you will find plenty of Shadows. 8)
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Since they walk around the spawn spots can easily be somwhere else than where you killed them.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

yep, they fixed the shadows, but now the bottleneck in this quest series appears two steps later... fix the ember chimeras too!
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

stop "fixing" spawntimes, bring back the challenge and don't give in to whining cause stuff is hard.

they changed GoD and SS right after I finished camping them, i'm sure once I get my chimera tooth those will be changed too
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Quote Originally Posted by Azza View Post
    stop "fixing" spawntimes, bring back the challenge and don't give in to whining cause stuff is hard.

There is nothing hard about waiting around for hours waiting for a mob to spawn, only to not have it drop the item you need and waiting another few hours. Now, if you want to make it a challenge. Make the mob have a fast respawn, but make it actually a challenge to fight.

<slashes wrists>
    220/AI30
    AO Consortium updated 2.16.09
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: a good 150 enof could tnak all fo them
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: can i tank all of them?
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: are you enfo ?
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: are 150
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: no 41 doc
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: tehn noo
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: =(

Quote Originally Posted by Kahiri View Post
    There is nothing hard about waiting around for hours waiting for a mob to spawn

Yet it's hard because it's deadly boring.
    I pay my money to play the game, not to stand 4 hours in the same spot staring at eye hurting inferno palette