Thread: Trapping cracks

Hmm, what does this do...

Trapping cracks

I got stuck in a crack in the geography, don't know if this is something you'll bother fixing but it did get me killed, which is always annoying. Look at the picture here

I fell into this crack, and then there was no way to get out of it even though I wasn't even standing to my waist. Jumping in all directions was to no avail, I couldn't sit to do /stuck, and when mobs on the picture went for me I couldn't calm them because I was told I must be standing still to cast nanos. Visually I was standing still though, and I certainly wasn't doing anything to move when trying to cast. As this is a new bit of geography I post this here as a bugreport.

Do you have a the shift-F9 info ? as it is otherwise hard to know where the hole is.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

Hehe I got stuck in the same hole with my nt, its the hole behind the mountain where the anansi dreamkeeper is.

Pos: 866.7, 692.9, 3.9, Area: Valley of the dead. UTC: Fri Sep 08 18:53:50 2006

Theres another place like this just east of the omni sanctuary statue (between the ledge and the ground) - Pos: 1470.4, 1540.0, 46.5, Area: Sorrow Outlook.-ish
    Last edited by Rubera; Sep 8th, 2006 at 19:58:51.
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

Ah no, I've no info on it as I was busy dying, just managed to think of taking a screenshot just as I died. But the location is where Rubera said, near that dreamkeeper. Probably the same hole.

wtb /stuck option to be useable while standing
    Looking Uber > Being Uber

If you get stuck standing up, '/petition I'm stuck in a hole' then you'll get a response to type /stuck. Type it, hit alt+f4 to log out when it tells you and log back in to find yourself moved. Doesn't help if you're being attacked but otherwise it's gets you out.
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

I vote the opposite - as the shadowlands flex and bow above the void, cracks close and open in various places.

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Went back to the scene and jumped into the crack:

Pos: 865.9,693.1,3.0, PF: 4005
    865.9 693.1 y 3.0 4005
    Zone: 1721, Area: Valley of the dead

Managed to get out, by sitting down, then getting told I couldn't do /stuck while not sitting (even though visually I was sitting). Then I stood up (even though the game told me I wasn't sitting ) and jumped out. Definitively a loopy bit of crack there
    Last edited by Zx9256; Sep 9th, 2006 at 12:51:05. Reason: oops, forgot an important "not" in there