Thread: Turning off the scroll wheel zoom.

Turning off the scroll wheel zoom.

Ok, I must be bugged, or something, but for some reason, I have to turn off the scroll wheel zoom function on every single one of my characters, every single time I log into the game.

I'm turning it off by hitting ctrl shift F7, because the option to turn it off doesn't show in the F10->GUI->Misc.

Yes, I know, that's where it's supposed to be, a guild mate tried to help me find it, and we talked about it for a while, and ended up deciding I was bugged.
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

If you're using a custom skin that you haven't updated (or hasn't been updated by it's author) since the 16.3.3 patch then you will not see the option. If that's the case, then just get the updated version of your custom skin and it should work. Notum Dovvetech is updated for the new options for instance...
    Last edited by Hastuur; Sep 9th, 2006 at 17:41:49.
    ---------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    We will sit down on Monday and see where we stand.

Check each character's prefs.xml is writable, and check that a line like:

Code:
        <Value name="MouseWheel" value="1" />
    exists (0=zoom, 1=scroll, 2=nothing).

beyond that basic stuff.

Clean GUI files (you'll want Root.xml in OptionPanel) are available in the GUI Modding thread post #2. And as suggested, if using a modified GUI, see if there's an update for it.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper