Thread: Crash Problems

Crash Problems

I have read several posts on this so far but wondering if anyone else is having trouble I am running a BFG 6800+ GT card (nvidia) and I crash well randomly, I can go for hours sometimes with no crashes and other times every 5 minutes, I have tried several drivers, several different graphics settings etc and nothing helps, I cant even start the new quests cause I am afarid I will crash in them and bork them all up, also makes APF and Pande really not fun.

Account is up for renewal in a few weeks, serious thought about not renewing.

If anyone else has the same type of card and has found a fix for thmeselves please share, btw I am running a AMD Manchester dual core 3800+ processor, and 2G of ram, and no other applications in the background are crashing. I also have trouble logging back in when this happens.

Pardon me if I point the obvious but you may want to test your ram.
    There are a couple of programs around for this matter,like memtest 386 for example.
    I am suggesting so coz I recently discovered on my skin how painful can be to have a bank broken.

Max respect for you.

Thanks for the input i will do that although since I can run Battlefield1942 online with no problems or crashes I suspect I am fine, but worth a look at.

Thanks

Well, just so that you and everyone knows, for whatever reason, if your card is overclocked, I can play Oblivion, ok, on full detail, no problems for hhours, but if I try to play AO, if my overclock is a LITTLE to high for it, it crashes randomly because the card overheats and the GPU resets, its really wierd, and I can only imagine its from AO's crappy memory usage.

Also, there were people having problems with the latest drivers, that might be it too.

Okay ram is fine and working great, my fx card does not seem to be overheating at all, my case has tons of fans and temperature sensors, I am going to just write it off as shame on AO, although was on for liek 6 hours the other day no problem, then yesterday 5 crashes in 30 minutes.

Oh well I give up.

Prior to 16.3 I rarely crashed, maybe 4-5 times in a year.

Since 16.3 I have already crashed at least 5 times...I honestly don't know what to think. With all the problems they've been having, like the supposed "problem with their network", I think the blame is solely on FC as I rarely had problems before the patch.

Also noticed how now it's almost impossible to dual log accounts, before I could dual log with hardly any lag, now...let's just say it sucks.

But I'm sure they'll come out with the usual excuses, like blaming it on OUR ISPs or saying there have been major intercontinental network outages.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

You may try to change the gfx from t&l to direct3d. At least it works for me and I know several people who also reported these problem, random crashs and very poor performance with multi accounts.

I have pretty much the same problem, I think. I also have an X-2 3800, and 2GB of ram. ATI 9600xt card though. I found that every once in a while, usually while dual logged, the whole system would just freeze. Everything... Have to push reset button on front of case. :-/

I just added in an extra 1GB of ram though, before, I never crashed like this, while only having 1Gb ram. Then, I add in another ram chip, and bam, crashing at least once a day. :-/

Does AO have a problem with having 2GB ram?

Other thing that it could be is, Once I got 2gb ram, I turned off page file. Every other program on the system runs smoothly, but that could be what's making AO crash. Going to try turning it back on, and see if that fixes it.
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

Ok, putting in a page file didn't help. :-/
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

I dont know about my comps hardware but i do know b4 this 16.3 patch i never crashed or LDed, now it seems couple times a day now quite annoying to me.And i haven't changed any of my settings since Jan been fine since this new patch, I used to be able to has 4 accounts on at once now can barly do 1 without the client crashing, even if i go afk for something i come back and i crashed >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeclaw View Post
    I dont know about my comps hardware but i do know b4 this 16.3 patch i never crashed or LDed, now it seems couple times a day now quite annoying to me.And i haven't changed any of my settings since Jan been fine since this new patch, I used to be able to has 4 accounts on at once now can barly do 1 without the client crashing, even if i go afk for something i come back and i crashed >.<
    Ditto. Although, I have not yet crashed with just one instance running...
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

PvM > Towers