Thread: Petition system not working properly.

Petition system not working properly.

Today I tried to petition what I consider a bug -- but the petition system would only classify the petition as "stuck". As I was not stuck I deleted the petition, reworked to ensure the word stuck was not used and it was classified as stuck again! Then I put the word BUG into the petition and... "Stuck" again :/

The thing I was petitioning was the spawn location of the "Limber Dryad" in Elysium -- Coords Pos: 517.5, 819.6, 31.1, Area: The Shunpike. It's been spawning inside geometry for a long time now and seems like it should be fixed. It can be killed sometimes with an AoE (If you spam it for an hour) but ofc you can't loot it even if you do kill it, and then it respawns in the same unreachable spot.
    Zedar2 220/22 Nano-Technician, card carrying member of the Vocal Minority.
    Proud General of 3305 Local Now recruiting!
    Proud Leader of the Knights of 3305 in V:SOH (Also recruiting!)

----------------
    *** www.3305local.com ***

The petitioning system work just fine the issue here is that a few of the words you mentioned in your post would have trigered the stuck clasification, and as that have higer priority compared to bug that is what it will be named and actualy the "Limber Dryad" in Elysium is stuck in gemoetry, even tought it can be a bug issue it is actualy a stuck issue. Also this is not a 16.3 issue, it is how the petition system work.

So, "Geometry" in a petition will automatically trigger "Stuck"? odd.... but I tested it and you're right.
    Zedar2 220/22 Nano-Technician, card carrying member of the Vocal Minority.
    Proud General of 3305 Local Now recruiting!
    Proud Leader of the Knights of 3305 in V:SOH (Also recruiting!)

----------------
    *** www.3305local.com ***

But you should be able to reclassify the petition in any case. Or does the new-ish auto-handling for stuck preclude that?

And it makes perfect sense to me that "geometry" would be a keyword for the stuck classification.
    Yes, we have no signature today!

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCopy View Post
    But you should be able to reclassify the petition in any case. Or does the new-ish auto-handling for stuck preclude that?
    No reason why it should'nt be possible, to reclasify it. But I havn't tried it out.

Now that we already have summoned a bughunter into this thread.. would the issue for the petition (the bugged Dryad) be worth having a look into? Same for the Harrowing Soul Dredge in Scheol - he also spawns behind an invisible wall and is horrible to get warped out there. Those two were bugged somewhere around 15.9 I think..
    (sry for hijacking *g*)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoleet View Post
    Now that we already have summoned a bughunter into this thread.. would the issue for the petition (the bugged Dryad) be worth having a look into?
    It is a known bug.

Same for the Harrowing Soul Dredge in Scheol - he also spawns behind an invisible wall and is horrible to get warped out there. Those two were bugged somewhere around 15.9 I think..
    (sry for hijacking *g*)
    The soul dredge can be pulled out out, though take a little practice. But still a bug.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

I seam to rember to have pointed out atleast one of those issues a couple of times to Znore, however i have no idea on any priority they might or might not have towards fixing.
    Last edited by Eponyx; Sep 21st, 2006 at 03:19:11.

Now that we already have summoned a bughunter into this thread.. would the issue for the petition (the bugged Dryad) be worth having a look into?
    Magic Eight Ball Says: Signs point to no.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleodemm View Post
    Magic Eight Ball Says: Signs point to no.
    Of course I can go and have a look at it again, not that it would help much. I can't do anything about it anyway, and to be honest I would need coords, as I can't remembe every area where there is an issue in SL or RK for that matter, it is just so many of them and then you have all the other issues crawling around. It just ain't enough time to memorize them all.

I think Eponyx covered the answer. Always remember you can submit bugs or feedback here :

http://www.anarchyonline.com/content/support/feedback/

This topic is indeed not on topic of this forum section. So going to close.

*waves magic wand*