Thread: Why not make the old skill GUI a option again?

Why not make the old skill GUI a option again?

i'm just curious what would it actually effect? the old skill GUI was flawless no lag upon opening/closing it, everything was evenly spaced everything had enough room and all stats were large enough to actually see.. it was a great skill GUI just because they thought of it a while ago doesnt mean it needs to be repped by a lft interface duplicate, looking at the official petition thread against it it was getting signed/bumped like crazy and all FC has to say about it is that it was outdated? how so? if anything the old one was a huge advance in comparison to the new one...

so anyways back to point, i'm curious why cant we atleast have the option to go back what would it hurt? none the less what would it even effect if anything at all.. i dont see a reason to not let it be a option it would surely allow MANY paying customers much happier and its not like if we do get the option its going to upset anyone at all.. so idk i'm confused.

I'd bet it has a lot to do with the future LE expansion and it's skills/whatever will be added to the window, and that's also why we will probably never ever get the old GUI back. Not even as an option.

Maybe.

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

pretty sure this was explained many times.. try to search it out.

FC won't support two seperate guis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Because that code was old and foggy. It's now deleted.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Look, I also used to hate the new skill gui but give it time and ull get used to it. It provideas much more info than the past, info that is usefull. The only problem I see with it atm is the troubled load it has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    ...I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Would be at least interesting to be able to set some "favorites" skills, that would show up on the first screen when pressing 'U'.

It takes long enough to open the skills UI (and can be dangerous due to caused lag when doing it in a fight situation). Checking skills during fight is usefull for various reasons (do i have the 2s hp tick, what are my key nanoskills at the moment...), not having to go through panels to check skills would definitely be a plus. At least with old skill UI you could check abilities with a simple 'U' press.

I guess that should be doable with the brand new and mastered skill UI code.
    220 Psiloaded Shade - Eqp - Perks
    220 Stelai Doctor - Eqp - Perks

- Nemesis -

Its just not possible code wise. The old skillview was one of the last pieces of legacy code of the now six year old original GUI that was made before launch, and it simply prevented us from doing so much that it wasnt viable to keep it around any longer.

If we could have kept it as an option we would have done, unfortunately it just wasnt feasible.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

The new skill gui is fine.. it just needs larger fonts and the loading lag removed

New skill GUI looks fine and is easy to navigate around it the only one thing i find that i hate about it is the massive lag spikes it causes for 5 seconds when opening. No more just randomly opening ur skill menu to check something when ur running about or u may lag into something u dont want to

Ossy xXx
    Dancefor Osiris05 Mplove - Meta-Physicist - 220/21

BEAT the silence and stop the violence
    ACT until women and children are safe -
    A
    dmit there is a problem
    Call it by its name - domestic violence
    Tell someone about it.

October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month

Quote Originally Posted by Ossy View Post
    New skill GUI looks fine and is easy to navigate around it the only one thing i find that i hate about it is the massive lag spikes it causes for 5 seconds when opening. No more just randomly opening ur skill menu to check something when ur running about or u may lag into something u dont want to
    Again, this will be fixed in 16.4, and as a result, a lot fo the other GUIs (notably the F10 options) will be speeded up as well.

What about just putting the explanation page as a link in the "i" menu and putting back abilities as opening page?

I actually like it - I hated the "ding-ding-ding-ding" i'd get everytime I'd max my skills (because I held the mouse down too long). Minimized view is handy, and it's just easier on the eyes.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    Again, this will be fixed in 16.4, and as a result, a lot fo the other GUIs (notably the F10 options) will be speeded up as well.
    What lag? And as for the new one, it does suck, no offense, but you get used to it, at least make it so you see You've reached the max for your title again, you don't get that anymore, only after you try to raise skill after you have saved not during like before. and add the little noise too :P, I liked it.

FYI, I don't get any of that lag because I'm on Vista

And to that post above, yes, make the text bigger, its tiny

Quote Originally Posted by Silentwidow View Post
    And to that post above, yes, make the text bigger, its tiny
    I don't think you'd want to see 6 lines of OCR A Extended at size 2...
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

WHy couldnt it graphically be re-made?

I much prefer the old layout, I would rather them (skills) be listed as they were, not a huge fan of some being side by side in 2 columns.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

If it's in 1 column in the max view, where does the info go? How much MORE room do you want the skill wondow to take up? If you're that depserate for 1 column....

Minimised view, Minimised view, Minimised view, Minimised view, Minimised view, Minimised view...... It needed to be said nearly every page in the petition against the new GUI thread, I dare say it'll need repeating as often in this one.

Enjoy this thread while it lasts by the way, they're not going to bring the gui back and you can be sure sil' will close this thread eventually. It's not a simple matter of "just change the graphics" that's not how it works.
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

How about making the minimised view of the GUI slightly narrower, and making it "dockable" like other windows?
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

win for dockable, win for making it easier to read.

Obviously designed by coders and not designers.
    I understand the reason for the fix, but make it pretty plx

Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    Nice

While you're at it...make hints about lft-window somewhere...still people that appear in the game at quite late level that has not even heard about it.

Ah, and the leet-pet commands...preferably on the nano. Yes, wrong forum, but add it to the list?