Thread: Change in Inferno Mission Mobs Again?

Change in Inferno Mission Mobs Again?

Like many of you, lately I have been doing hard Inferno missions. But today after the patch, they seem to have been "un-nerfed." Just finished a 212 hard that had level 254 spiders that consisted of half the mission. Was this intended as part of the new patch today?
    Aberroyc - 220/20 MA - RK1

Proud member of Uprising

Did a mission last night on my soldier (218) and the hards were back like they were. The spiders were there (uncalmable by nts) and it made the mission more of a challenge.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Unfortunately this also cuts down on the regularity in which you can do missions to SK grind.

Reason: Before, you didn't -have- to have an Enforcer or Soldier as a tank. Keepers/MAs/even Fixers could tank/off tank. With the way the Custodians hit (read Custodians, not spiders, the Kuirs are still ok imo as a keeper) it becomes -really- hard for a doc to keep up if you're not an enforcer.

Which is why it cuts down on being able to grind SK. There aren't always enforcers, or 215+ non gimpy docs around. And I've seen these things drop enforcers with a decent doc around. They have insane nano resist making it near impossible to UBT them, which means they hit and nuke at an insane rate. I was tanking a 206 Pen Hard yesterday and a 215 doc couldn't keep up with healing me off one of these with virtual chaining of 6k+ nukes AS WELL AS regular melee hits. These mobs are insane and need nerfing. Add to this the seemingly regularly absent minded doc becoming obsessed with landing UBT, thus chain casts it, doesn't heal in time and the team is wtfpwned after the 3rd/4th mob into the mission.

Or design the missions better. These mobs would be easier to manage if upon entering a room, all the mission mobs for that room weren't spawned on exactly the same spot humping each other making it nigh on impossible to pull just one. Throw in stupid nano resist for your calmer (if you have one) and you've got a wiped team. Not fun in what is already a joyless SK grinding environment.

Another point to add to this is why the hell are the "closet room" doors randomly open? There's a level in Inferno hards (its either the second or the third level) where you zone into a room with two Kuirs (one randomly a Custodian) with another Kuir/Custodian in a closet. Ok, so you have a good team with a decent tank (soldier/enf) and a decent off tank (keeper/MA/soldier) and you can't calm them all...you can take two but the spider in the closet, his door is open, 3rd add, bam team wipes. This usually happens due to either the enfy having to mongo to get aggro off the doc, or the doc gets squished because his heals are taunting the 3rd add.

I'm all for a challenge. But having to have a particular team set up (ie, 2 enforcers, a calmer and a doc+DD) is unfeasible 80% of the time. Hell I've seen the Godly Love Children er I mean Adventurers get eaten alive swiftly by these things while the doc's heal/advys heals are recharging.

Not good.

>insert flaming ZOMG NOOB replies here<
    Last edited by Hacre; Sep 27th, 2006 at 19:17:54. Reason: Forgot my slight toward idiot docs.