Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evade pet

Evade pet

Didn't really see a wishlist spot to post this so I'll just toss it up here. Since simply using our trimmers does not really give us a good evade pet, mostly because the pet cannot actually hold aggro once it is trimmed defensively, could we have a pet designed for this? It would be a pet that can reach about 2500 evades at 220, and coupled with the new blind proc would evade damage relatively well. It would have boosted taunting for nerfed damage.

The pet would hold aggro easier, be easier to heal, but cut back on the engineers DD by around 10-15%. I don't see why we have to be limited to two damage dealing only pets.

you should prolly wait till they release more info on what they are gonna do with pets.
    we've been told that pets in general are gonna get improved (which probably means nerfing it's damage in our case, i dunno).

personally i'm a bit sceptical about this, but i'd still say wait and see

Greetings,

Ellarisa
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

Quote Originally Posted by ellarisa View Post
    we've been told that pets in general are gonna get improved (which probably means nerfing it's damage in our case, i dunno).
    qft

Idk, I think it would be hard for them to validate nerfing out pets damage after nerfing our personal defense.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

We already have the nano docs, how much more do we need to wait on? Why wait and see what happens when this is simply a pet alternative suggestion? Either we would like an easier to heal and tank pet or we don't.

Oh god not this again...
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Idk, I think it would be hard for them to validate nerfing out pets damage after nerfing our personal defense.
    Well when some of us put in a ton of bloody effort to be top DD and everyone else who q-afk whined and whined that this meant we needed a DD nerf, I think they're considering a DD nerf as a given.

Fake edit: Just imagine I posted this as Cynic092.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ellarisa View Post
    you should prolly wait till they release more info on what they are gonna do with pets.
    This. However...

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    It would be a pet that can reach about 2500 evades at 220, and coupled with the new blind proc would evade damage relatively well.
    Where the hell did you get those numbers? What's the point of an evade-focused pet which has less evades than everyone's AR?

If we were to get a pet whose main drawcard is evades, I reckon it should, I dunno, actually have decent evades. You know, the kind of evades that makes it difficult to hit.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    Oh god not this again...
    Yes Major, other forms of pets than just Slayer and Dog would be a huge bonus to us.

We have some 100+ pets we could live having every 3 pets be changed to a rotating pet type. Type 1, Type 2, Type 3, from the start of the game to the end rotating though those pet types. What the types are I honestly can't say, but I would assume one would be Tank. The Dog already covers the +damage pet slot, so you've got Tank, ... and two others for the primary pet slot.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Yes Major, other forms of pets than just Slayer and Dog would be a huge bonus to us.

We have some 100+ pets we could live having every 3 pets be changed to a rotating pet type. Type 1, Type 2, Type 3, from the start of the game to the end rotating though those pet types. What the types are I honestly can't say, but I would assume one would be Tank. The Dog already covers the +damage pet slot, so you've got Tank, ... and two others for the primary pet slot.
    how bout tank, healpet and mezzpet... oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    Where the hell did you get those numbers? What's the point of an evade-focused pet which has less evades than everyone's AR?

If we were to get a pet whose main drawcard is evades, I reckon it should, I dunno, actually have decent evades. You know, the kind of evades that makes it difficult to hit.
    It's for Pvm. Why would you use an evade pet in pvp? 2500 def+blind proc is great for a pet that is supposed to survive better, not being a mechanical advy you can summon to tank 12-man for you.

It's for Pvm. Why would you use an evade pet in pvp? 2500 def+blind proc is great for a pet that is supposed to survive better, not being a mechanical advy you can summon to tank 12-man for you.
    I have to agree with Gates here; and does make sense for a slight offtank in pvm for the engi.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

IDK evades just seem weird to me as a robotic pet option. Maybe a pet with an absorb built in, or something else along the lines of just taking a hell of a beating as a tank pet.

Imdatank class - this pet pet would have medium damage, but high single target and medium aoe taunting.

Slayer Class - This pet would have higher damage than the Imdatank class but offer only single target taunt generation.

Widowmaker Class - High damage, no taunt creation besides damage, pet's health is "glass cannon" low, but not dog low.

I think I'll make a serious full post within the coming days when I get some free time to 1:1 current pets to a replacement line pet. I have some more replacement line ideas outside of these Tanking/damage things that would be helpful to engineers and teams.

<@Kintaii> L2P

I just don't see why, if evades are its main thang, it should have evades so much lower than a decently equipped semi-evade toon. I'm not even talking fixer-grade evades (though there's surely an argument for that), just don't see why it should have so much less evades than, say, my crat or even my enforcer, given that its role would presumably be tanking inferno dynas, and it wouldn't be able to benefit from outside buffs for more evades.

The discussion is entirely academic, of course. The figure just struck me as odd. I'm somewhat hoping that our endgame main pet will have at least that much evades after pets are reworked, without evades being its primary focus.

Byracka iddqd

I've always thought that Engie pets should be Enforcers.

Thats to say that a team with an Enforcer can go all out on a mob with the Enforcer holding all the agro. If an Enforcer is'nt present then a Engies pet should be able to do the job just as well aslong as everyone reduces damage to compensate for lower taunting ability.

With this in mind instead of going down the evade route I'd see HP buffs, better taunt ability and a pet heal with no taunt attached to it would be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    I just don't see why, if evades are its main thang, it should have evades so much lower than a decently equipped semi-evade toon. I'm not even talking fixer-grade evades (though there's surely an argument for that), just don't see why it should have so much less evades than, say, my crat or even my enforcer, given that its role would presumably be tanking inferno dynas, and it wouldn't be able to benefit from outside buffs for more evades.

The discussion is entirely academic, of course. The figure just struck me as odd. I'm somewhat hoping that our endgame main pet will have at least that much evades after pets are reworked, without evades being its primary focus.
    The reason I am trying to avoid large numbers of evades like a fixer or crat is mostly because of an engineer's ability to heal the pet. Even lower levels around 3000-3500 would be excessive because the pet would avoid "most" rather than "some" additional damage. You will be extending the blockers to this pet and it will benefit from some reflects, so overall it would have pretty good survival for an extension of the prof.

When the pet does die, which should be possible, you will still have another pet and your own survival tools giving you ample time to get another evade pet out and hopefully it can tank again. What I do not want the pet to do is AOE taunt or tank several adds at once, it is just there to make pvm less stressful on a prof with less inherint pvm survival.

The reason I went with evades is that is just my preference of the different damage mitigation types a pet could have and it would make a defensive aggdef trimmer a viable tool. The other choices are more static reflects, which is still ok, or massive healing (either self or from the engie), which I tend to avoid. Either way, what makes a tank is not massive health and amazing taunting but rather it's ability to mitigate damage. Without proper mitigation the pet will be more of a headache than a benefit.

I figure the pet would look like a large zix or the snake-like robot that we see on RK, making it nimble in appearance.

My MA got around 3.4k def combined in my normal setup, without perks (limber, dof, evasive stance), in defense oriented setup maybe 250 evades more. Healing 1600-2400 every 8 seconds + hp drain proc. It's barely enough to solo 250 inferno dragons, they still hit me sometimes and they hit hard.
    In order to evade pet work, he will need atleast 3.5k def and enough taunt to hold aggro off engineer spamming heals.
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

Quote Originally Posted by Amickson View Post
    My MA got around 3.4k def combined in my normal setup, without perks (limber, dof, evasive stance), in defense oriented setup maybe 250 evades more. Healing 1600-2400 every 8 seconds + hp drain proc. It's barely enough to solo 250 inferno dragons, they still hit me sometimes and they hit hard.
    In order to evade pet work, he will need atleast 3.5k def and enough taunt to hold aggro off engineer spamming heals.
    I was thinking more around the 3.2k mark because I'm assuming this fantasy evade pet is coupled with a *lot* more HP than a MA runs around with (though less than, say, our fantasy tank pet), but yeah, that's the sort of thing I'm talkin' 'bout. I can't see why the thing wouldn't be virtually immortal to inf dynas, if the engi's doing everything they can to keep it alive, and isn't trying to get it to tank two at once or the dyna plus all its adds or something silly like that. This'd be good for inf dynas, enough to evade some perks (and yes, I understand that this wouldn't be most people's first pick in PvP, but perkability by various classes is a great yardstick for assessing the relative power of def ratings), and woefully insufficient for raid mobs. It'd cheerfully tank your average alien admiral, but not, say, Vortexx, and certainly not the Beast, since it can't receive doc heals.

Byracka iddqd

Either way, what makes a tank is not massive health and amazing taunting but rather it's ability to mitigate damage. Without proper mitigation the pet will be more of a headache than a benefit.
    Here at least we can agree.

I figure the pet would look like a large zix or the snake-like robot that we see on RK, making it nimble in appearance.
    That neat snake robot model is sadly underused, would be great if that could be used as a pet mesh somewhere.

Byracka iddqd

I was thinking snake would be ++ damage because it attacks so fast.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast