Thread: Evades and the new update

Evades and the new update

218 ma here, in inferno, along with a 205 crat friend.

Tried killing the inferno dragon dynas, along the crater, the 215 variety. Died. Every. Single. Time. The bosses ate through my 3k perked evades, along with the defence aura on top of it. This was 6 deaths in five dragons.

Let me put this in perspective. Before the update, I live through about 4/5 dragons. Completely solo.. so Im hardly gimped. Im pretty damn hard to kill outright against most mobs. Evade setup, soled the mobs quite well most of the time.

Am I the only one noticing this? I changed nothing of my setup, and as I said before, I had very competent help in addition. Is this a stealth nerf of my profesesion? More undocumented love of inferno mobs? Really, really bad luck?
    Last edited by Famine; Sep 29th, 2006 at 04:27:27.

Nope, it's happening to everyone. :-(
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

Really? Could you be more specific? Where? Against which mobs? How often?

If this is a perminant, intentional strengthening of boss mobs with no intention of tweaking or changing my class.. Ive lost a major motivation to play.. And before anyone comments.. No. I refuse to play a lovechild or a doc. I like a little challenge, but not godmode. And Im certainly not fighting against impossible mobs as it is now.

It's not just boss mobs, it's all, or almost all, mobs in inferno. I don't think hecks, and heck type boss's were effected, but pretty much all other types I have run into so far have been boosted.

Just in inferno though. Pande mobs/bosses, and pen and lower mobs/bosses, were not effected.
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

move your agg-def slider to full def
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

I would like to point out that one of the new boss mobs landed a Crit on me, while I was in Full Def, with Limber up, with CiB trained, AFTER I had SP'd him. SP drains his AR by 500, for those that don't know.

The new bosses are very much buffed up.
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

PvM > Towers

Quote Originally Posted by DragonShade View Post

The new bosses are very much buffed up.
    That is imo a good thing. Too much in this game is soloeable. Shouldnt be so I think.
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Dont get me wrong, FC can uber up as many creatures they want..

But it would be really, really nice to tell their paying customers about it. Especially if the mobs in question have nothing to do with recent new quests, as far as I know.

And to paraphrase my crat friend.. I love how if this is the case, fc is widening the gap between soloers like advies, keepers and docs.. and everyone else. Especially without telling anyone. Did I mention how much I enjoy that fact?

my level 110 GA4 fixer got hit 5 times in a row (and died) by a level 130 alien boss in an AI ship yesterday (while i was on full Def)... definately not normal.
    220/22/68 trox Enf Equip
    220/10 opi Shade
    207/13 nm Doc
    156/6 nm MP
    156/2 nm NT

OH NO! An MA died to a boss mob!? DEAR GOD CALL THE WHAMBULANCE!

Now, go do some pvp so you can say it's not just bosses that were actually made harder to solo.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Wow, Masta, the forums answer to a question nobody asked.

How about sticking to the point of a topic rather than trolling, hmm? Appreciate it.

This is a pvm issue, and an inferno mob issue. It doesnt touch pvp. At all.

So this pushes the price of phatz up now not as many can solo?

<3 my doc.

But yeah, sucks for you.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Remm View Post
    my level 110 GA4 fixer got hit 5 times in a row (and died) by a level 130 alien boss in an AI ship yesterday (while i was on full Def)... definately not normal.
    lol
    Ornaola - MA - 220/28/70 "teh main" - Equip <3
    Ornael - Soldier - 220/20 "twinky" - Equip
    Kitaniya - Doc - 220/22 "cute doc" - Equip
    Astonon - Enf - 208/17 "enfo" - Equip
    Ornaila - Crat - 217/16 Busty Beauty <3 - reroll
    Ornaenta - NT - 170/12 ''nuky nuky''

THIS IS SPARTA!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    So this pushes the price of phatz up now not as many can solo?

<3 my doc.

But yeah, sucks for you.
    Your sympathy is overwhelming. And thats what I was thinking. Am I the only one seeing this game turn into keeper/advie/doc online?

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher View Post
    Your sympathy is overwhelming. And thats what I was thinking. Am I the only one seeing this game turn into keeper/advie/doc online?
    Hey, dont forget shades, we can solo alot, and I'm not seeing any of these evades nerfs you talk about.

If it happens again, try relogging.

I donno, have you tried killing some of the dyna's they buffed up in inferno lately?
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

PvM > Towers

Some of the mobs got buffed for sure. Especially those involved with quests.

The dragons I haven't noticed any problem with. I've been finishing up my observant armor, and they're a lot easier than they ever used to be, for me. Evades are alway wonky - people think good evades means you'll never die, but they really don't.

I killed creepy spider without kiting, no problems, he hardly hit me. Then 5 min later went to kill slithers in ado - I looked away for 5 seconds, and died. Hit/hit/nuke/crit. Its nothing to do with evades being broken. Its just luck, thats how they work. Try dragons another day, see how your luck rolls. I've killed several since the patch, if my gimpy ol trader can stand up to them, I'm positive your MA can!
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Zuoxi View Post
    Hey, dont forget shades, we can solo alot, and I'm not seeing any of these evades nerfs you talk about.
    I cant agree on this. I have serious problems soloing even an Adonis heckler. It happened just yesterday when i had all perks running (2.8k evades) and got 3 crits in a row and died (not only once, it happened at least 4 times). Before, even when i was 15 levels lower, the mob hardly hit me twice in a row with no perks running at all. Lets hope for investigation on this problem as it seems not everyone has it.