Thread: New sort of client timeout thingie

New sort of client timeout thingie

Im now experiencing a wierd sensation.. sitting still for a long time leads to major out of sync issue, extreeme delay on actions and eventually dissconects cause of server rejection.

This usually happends when I have been sitting for a while lft in the garden, and when Im about to start moving about. I have experienced it other places aswell, both in outzone stageing area and in borealis.

What happened to the keepalive ping between client/server this patch?

Noone else seen the same thing?
    PREDICAMENT|220:26| SENZOR|220:17| TWERRAX|218:11|

No, I just disconect on every 4th zone and when trying to get back, all I get is :
    Atlantean(Rubi-Ka 1) (Down)
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Predzor View Post
    Im now experiencing a wierd sensation.. sitting still for a long time leads to major out of sync issue, extreeme delay on actions and eventually dissconects cause of server rejection.

This usually happends when I have been sitting for a while lft in the garden, and when Im about to start moving about. I have experienced it other places aswell, both in outzone stageing area and in borealis.

What happened to the keepalive ping between client/server this patch?

Noone else seen the same thing?
    I know exactly what you mean, it seems like everytime I go afk when I come back everything is off and then I disconnect shortly thereafter.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by _Shadowslave_ View Post
    I know exactly what you mean, it seems like everytime I go afk when I come back everything is off and then I disconnect shortly thereafter.
    Yep, you can even just sit still and chat and it will happen, just not move.. crappy crashing every time you actually are going to go do something.

Not saying this would be the only reason, but it is always possible that your ISP (yes yes i know we hear that kind of thing a lot ) is packet shaping or throttling and discarding or failing to notice small amounts of traffic.

However, if your PC is downloading or generating some other traffic whilst you are afk, then thats unlikely to be the issue.

Some just monitor for certain well known ports ie HTTP etc to see if you are active or not.

Try connecting to GSP or something and see if the problem still happens.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

gsp?

GridStream Productions

If it plays while you play AO, you can hear when there's connection problems. No need to visually inspect....
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Well I sit and chat and the chatserver is treating me nicely.. I do have network..

It was only a though as when the amount of network traffic generated by AO is variable depending on what you are doing.

The chat server connection doesnt generate a lot of traffic which could potentially be missed by your ISP as "background" noise, kind of like when people used to ping sites to keep their modems online but ISPs generally got wise to this and ignored the small amount generated.

If GSP isnt your thing, stream movies or music from somewhere else, just to see if the problem stops happening.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

I tried to check with GSP running on the side but no luck, same crap happends anyway..

Something else ive noticed is that sometimes the things happened on my screen since I idled-out, the client tries to catch up when I move again.. and after catching up I am stuck in this everlasting lag loop.

I think I have found the source for this crap; AO Item Assistant

I like the functionality of this app, but it seems like its the trigger of my current problems. Will continue to test for a while not running it and we'll see.

If you run IA for a long time, the Debug panel fills up with alot of junk. It might be a good idea to clean it out with the red "X" in the toolbar now and then. That panel is removed in the new version. (v0.8)

TL7 NanoTech -+- Implant Assembler
    TL7 Solja -+- Angry Bullet Sprayer
    TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler
    TL6 Doctor -+- Health Freak
    TL3 Enforcer -+- King of Disco

Yep, it proved to be the reason for my problems. AO worked fine after I stopped using it again. But I will try the latest version because the functionally is very helpfull and I hope that will work better

I tried downloading the file here http://frellu.net/ia/?topic=downloads but it seems to be the same version I have, with the debug window still there.

Try it now.. seems i jumped the gun a bit.

TL7 NanoTech -+- Implant Assembler
    TL7 Solja -+- Angry Bullet Sprayer
    TL7 MA -+- Furious Angel
    TL5 Adv -+- God Mode
    TL4 Agent -+- Faker
    TL4 Trader -+- Wrangler
    TL6 Doctor -+- Health Freak
    TL3 Enforcer -+- King of Disco