Thread: 7zip problem

7zip problem

I converted a decent amount of music , video , and picture files onto 4 seperate dvds (was .1gb away from a 5th disk, so around 17gb or so i guess?)

Each disk was burned, and each disk is read as 4.37gb of info, minus the 4th, which is at 4.36gb. , which means I am sure there is something on these disks.

However, when i open the disk, i only see (files001.7z), an 384mb file, that does not do anything, waiting to be written to file.

These are dvd-r disk, so nothing can be written.

Can someone explain what is happening? Please and thank you in advance
    Brutalthug16 - Resident Testlive Noobie
    Hellrule - RK1 crat
    Hellhealer - RK1 doc

Not sure what process you used to get where you are, but from the sound of it, there was a zipping of files somewhere.

You say trying to extract the zip file does nothing ?
    As in nothing that the cursor flashes and nothing happens, or nothing as in it isn't recognized ?
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Sounds like youre seeing the Windows CD Burn cache folder content.

Did you try finalizing the disc?
    Did you try it on another PC?
    Try telling windows not to use the drive for recording.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Did the music end up compressed using this format?
    http://www.7-zip.org/

If the CDs isnt finalized, they might be recorded as a multi session disc, and still be "open" for some more content. If so, id say as Omutb, see if the discs are finalized, and try on an other PC.
    If they are readable on any pc, and shows the huge .7z files, dont they unzip, even with proper software? what do you use to unzip them?

One more question: did you encrypt the cd's? that format do support encryption as well
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Member of Angels of the night, Rimor