Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: [Atlantean] The Green Cloaks ((monthly OOC-player meetings in Reet Retreat))

((Is there a logfile somewhere from the latest meeting?))
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

(( Virta, assuming you still have your old email address, the log should be on its way to you. Also send a copy tp Khuri in case Ao Universae wants to host it. ))
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

The copy of the logfile can be found on AOU:
    --> clicky clicky <--
    AO-Universe - The Leet Place To Be

Mining MAGES!!! *cough* *splutter*...so all the issues are RUR's fault. Should of known it! It's (another) conspiracy I tellya...it is...honest...*put on pointy tin foil hat*...its a conspiracy!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

February's meeting will be held in Reets at 4th of February 2007, 18.00 GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Keanne View Post
    February's meeting will be held in Reets at 4th of February 2007, 18.00 GMT
    Super Bowl Sunday
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

(( I'll be away all weekend so I'll have to miss this one. ))

Still being held right?

Think I would like to attend if it is
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

I am sorry to have missed this meeting, from the logs it sounded quite interesting.

I would like to highlight one statement from Virta about player events:

"Big projects are often too cumbersome to run, to the point where nobody is having fun. Lot of small events are more fun."

I really could not agree more with this. It's not just that small events are so much easier to organise, frequent events also make it easier for people to attend at least some of the time. It's a win-win combination.

I also like the idea of having some sort of "small events" competition, though perhaps it could be more like an expo than an actual competition. Calling it an expo inspires a more collaborative and friendly atmosphere. Maybe we could even workshop some of the ideas togethger.

Regardless it's a fantastic idea. We should start I new thread just to work out the details.

((read the log, and to be honest, in my defense the whole story and reasons behind things are on the AO forums, and yes it is more of a character development with an event that I have been trying to end since December of '06. *glares at Nuser at Titan* all the stories that are not from my point of view were completely done on the fly, the endings being agreed upon when I needed to end the thing to continue. All the information is there, personality traits can be identified based on interaction with other people, don't rely on me to tell you everything about the character from A-Z. In other words, if you don't know or understand a situation ask others who you think might, the whole thing was about creating RP interaction, and using me as an example, waiting for me to tell you defeats the entire purpose of what that whole meeting was all about.

[A little disclaimer: I don't really care if you think it stinks or not, just the reasons for your dislike of it were a little paradoxical because of what the meeting was about.]

And thus my rant has ended))

/ooc

I'm sorry if it seems that I was picking on you Ivan, but I was trying to use it as an example of a story that is very selfish and not always a lot of fun for other people simply because its designed to have its focus around one person. Obviously if you, Nuser, and those who are involved like it, then it is a good plot/story. Berael, ICly dislikes Omega because she finds him creepy as mew. I don't hold any personal ill for you at all.

When talking about RP events, I like small events that spiral off, but one of the problems I was (and am) trying to address by way of large plots is exposure. The RP community, from my view, is kinda hard to get into if you don't join a RP org. Even if you do, you still have to expose yourself and build up 'street cred'. I think having player run large plots, even if it takes a little work, would allow us the oportunity to bring closet RPers out of the wood work by giving them in game groups to identify with and say "hey I can role-play with these people" or give them an 'in' to role-play about. The disadvantage to ARK plots in this case is that while you can discuss it as a news story, or do little role-plays among those effected by the events, it would be highly irregular somebody to just say to the ARKs "I go hunt down Bahirae". With player run plots we can accomodate that within reason.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Dabblez View Post
    I also like the idea of having some sort of "small events" competition, though perhaps it could be more like an expo than an actual competition. Calling it an expo inspires a more collaborative and friendly atmosphere. Maybe we could even workshop some of the ideas togethger.
    Yes, the thought occurred to me in the meeting and I had not thought about it much further. Maybe the point is to move from words to actions in some format which is forgiving to failures etc. Expo, Workshop or Event Laboratory could be a way to go. Emphasis on events which would take no more than 5 minutes of preparation to get going.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

gah I was recovering from a surgery and missed it.. Darnit! I had something important to propose..

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    gah I was recovering from a surgery and missed it.. Darnit! I had something important to propose..
    The next one won't be too far away
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

March's meeting will take place at Sunday, 4th of March 2007, 18.00 GMT.

I'm uncertain whether I'll be able to attend myself, but I'm sure you'll manage without. Post to thread if you want raise something as a topic.

Virta and I have an idea we’d like to discuss at the Greencoat about having a Roleplaying Festival. It sort of builds on the notion of having a Small Events contest, but in a way which is more friendly, open and informal.

The basic idea is really simple. It involves us, as community, agreeing to mark a limited, arbitrary span of time (say for example the last two weeks of March) as A Roleplaying Festival.

During the Festival we simple invite everyone to focus at little more on the roleplaying aspect of the game, either through staging events, improvised stuff on the streets or indeed in any way individuals are more comfortable with. There will be no Festival organisers or leaders, no rules, no red tape. But hopefully, if we are all more involved in roleplaying at the same time, interesting dynamics will emerge of their on accord.

Or maybe not.

Anyway, as I said, it’s all pretty rough at the moment, but maybe if we can discuss this at the Greencoats we can work out the details and make something workable out of this.

AO The Game for Adults and The Graphic Novel to go with..

Nerf I missed another one!!! Grr.. Ok how about I just propose my idea and then we take it one day at a time from here on out.. going to create a new thread for it and then come back here and link it... >>HERE<<
    Last edited by Xaun; Mar 6th, 2007 at 23:29:56.

((*peeks in*

Interesting... Interesting. Tell you what, if I don't forget the date, I'll try to attend the next one. In the meantime, maybe I'll get to catch up on the logs. *hum*)))
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast