Posting here since new map GUI arrived with 16.3 series not 16.4, warp if needed.

Problem: currently if mission uploaded to map, opening/reopening map window defaults to mission location. Not a huge issue in itself but....

Selecting 'center on player' then follows player but only until map is closed. This option does not persist. If you reopen map it'll be right back to defaulting to mission location and 'center on player' will again be unselected/forgotten.

Given that (AFAIK) the only way to get the map to forget an uploaded mission location is to relog, this isn't the best IMHO.

Now in 16.4 something did change. Before this the map would default to following character in my experience. Closing/reopening didn't stop this default behaviour.

Could we please have the 'center on <whatever>' options as persistent settings? If selected then they'll actually work, override the new default centering on a mish and will continue to do so until unselected if the map window is closed and reopened?

I probably missed the announcement but I can't recall seeing that map behaviour was changing in 16.4.x.

Discuss?