Thread: Accidently deleted SL map

Accidently deleted SL map

in the process of downloading Sphere map i replaced my current SL map with the sphere map files which was a obvious mistake i was suppose to place the sphere map folder in the same place as the other planet maps (CSP/Dovve.. etc) but instead i just deleted the SL map, anyways i cant undo my mistake because i cant open the SL map ingame because it has nothing to open to but sphere and i believe u have to choose sphere from the original map because its not just opening directly to sphere when i try to open map however i get a popup box that tells me "Error Loading file: C:/Program Files/Funcom/Anarchy Online/cd_image/textures/Planet Map/Shadowlands/ShadowlandsMap.txt" Soo.. i need to get the old map i was just wondering how i could do this without re installing.

A no brainer would be to check Recycle Bin if you didn't use Shift+Del.

Or maybe if you still have the install files for AO lying around, install it to a totally different folder and copying the STD maps from there into your updates AO folder..
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Quote Originally Posted by freqflyerdent View Post
    A no brainer would be to check Recycle Bin if you didn't use Shift+Del.

Or maybe if you still have the install files for AO lying around, install it to a totally different folder and copying the STD maps from there into your updates AO folder..
    No, they arent in the bin.. but i guess i could download it again to a diff folder just didnt expect to have to wait that long.

There could maybe be another way of getting back, but I'm not sure.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

thanks for the "fix" of the mapwindow!! I reported this issue when the new mapwindow was put in game (and several others as well) but apparently it doesn't matter.

you could try to copy spheremap's files into the places where the original map is supposed to be. maybe some of the map-additions has documentation that includes the original maps.

or you could try to edit your login.cfg file to have the pointer directly to the spheremap. it's in your Prefs folder.
    * proud member of Storm *

atm i'm just gonna re download it to a diff folder copy and paste etc, because i did try to just place the sphere folders where the original SL ones used to be but it wouldnt work the planet map toggle was set to "Shadowlandsmap.txt" so even if i did rename it it would have to be identical to the other one which wouldnt work with the sphere map so just gonna download to another folder then copy the ones i get from that and then uninstall the second one.

Another way to fix it is to edit the file [AO Install]\Prefs\[account]\Login.cfg
    Find the option "ShadowlandMapIndexFile" (probably right at the end of the file) and edit it to read something like this:
    Code:
    ShadowlandMapIndexFile "Spheremap_v1.0/Spheremap_v1.0.txt
    Where, of course, "Spheremap_v1.0/Spheremap_v1.0.txt" is the folder and indexfile of your map, relative to the [AO Install]cd_image\textures\planetmap folder.
    Last edited by Mawerick; Nov 15th, 2006 at 14:35:25.
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

You can also do the following whilst in game

/setoption ShadowlandMapIndexFile <Map Path>\<Map Index File>

Where

<Map Path> = the name of the folder that the map files are in (will be the folder inside the AOInstallFolder\cd_image\Textures\Planetmap)

<Map Index File> = the map .txt file

eg

/setoption ShadowlandMapIndexFile Spheremap_v1.0\Spheremap_v1.0.txt
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.