Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Muha's guide to Implant Design and Construction V1.0

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    • % Add. Nano Cost Jobe Cluster - Shiny (Waist) is mislabeled % Add. Poison Dam. Refined Jobe Cluster - Shiny (Right-Hand)
    • % Add. Nano Cost Jobe Cluster - Bright (Ear) is mislabeled % Add. Poison Dam. Refined Jobe Cluster - Shiny (Right-Hand)
    • % Add. Nano Cost Jobe Cluster - Faded (Left Arm) is mislabeled % Add. Poison Dam. Refined Jobe Cluster - Shiny (Right-Hand)
    Wow, never would've found that out by myself, thanks for the excellent info!

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    About leveling imps - you can check final ql in tradeskill window before you make it.
    You need to open it with shift+t, put imp and cluster into it and shift-click on "result" it will state right ql in info window with bugged reqs/bonuses. Ql in tradeskill window itself is ok for ql1-200 imps most of time, 201+ it's wrong.
    Isn't this already mentioned in the guide?
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Cold damage clusters do not exist ingame (or on symbs, for that matter). Ethereal Implant of Berserker Rage, Sinew of Tarasque, Touch of the Gripper, and Fist of the Dominator are the only implants/symbs that do affect cold damage. If you don't believe me, just do a auno search for implants that affect cold damage->those are the only four.
    Namasi, 220/20 Omni Doctor,
    Unit Member of Axiom

One other point - and I'll be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong on this. Some Jobe clusters have misleading names/descriptions (besides the ones that are just plain bugged.)

The % add damage implants actually add a fixed bonus, not a percent.

The % add all offense / add all defense are also a fixed bonus.

% XP and % Nano Cost do operate as percentages.
    Yes, we have no signature today!

Quote Originally Posted by Dnix View Post
    Cold damage clusters do not exist ingame...
    I didn't know that. Added that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCopy View Post
    The % add damage implants actually add a fixed bonus, not a percent.
    The % add all offense / add all defense are also a fixed bonus.
    I did know that, but didn't mention it. I added it now.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

great guide thanks. I will post this link in my clan forums for reference much appreciated on your hard work.

Xaun what u doing trolling the engi forums :P

just kidding
    main characters on RK1: Kingduck138 220 Engi Mongoose135 170 Agent Nnivekccub 165 Engi Kingduck135 170 Soldier Mongoose831 160 Agent Healdocheal 150 Doc Atroxshade 130 Shade Nanottwink 130 NT Mongoose144 125 Agent Ducktroxjr 117 Fixer Eternalguard 65 Enf Boringname 61 Fixer Kingduck139 60 Eng Atheist 60 MA Mongoose142 30 DocMongoose138 15 Agent Mongoose141 21 Agent

Awesome guide Muhandes, maybe this will help weed out a few of the million implant questions I get every day. And love the section on jobe implants. I remember spending hours searching for clusters only to find they were bugged and under the wrong name. And then I didn't know which descriptor was wrong so I often just wiped the whole cluster from my list. That was back in the days when creds were tight and I couldn't afford to get it wrong.

One other thing though, could you address the title lock requirements on jobe implants in your guide?

This always confused me (100 = tl3? 101= tl4?? if I understood that correctly then it would be impossible to have a tl3 jobe implant from a store bought basic imp since adding a cluster will raise ql
    Ender2006 - 220/19 clan nanomage NT
    Proud General of Valheru Ascendants (AOF)

=============Alts=============
    Dagny2006 18/2 opifex doc (tower pvp)
    SolGel2006 65/7 atrox ma (solo alien raids)
    Milamber2006 35/0 solitus trader (sells my phatz)

Quote Originally Posted by Bucknell2006 View Post
    One other thing though, could you address the title lock requirements on jobe implants in your guide?

This always confused me (100 = tl3? 101= tl4?? if I understood that correctly then it would be impossible to have a tl3 jobe implant from a store bought basic imp since adding a cluster will raise ql
    I have checked the locks myself and they are exactly what I said in the guide. QL 100 exactly is TL3 and 101 is TL4. There is no reason for the cluster to raise ql if your abilities are low enough. I either give them to non-tradeskiller friends to make, or I termninate, and make them before I am rezzed.

I removed the comment about mislabeled Jobe clusters since this was finally fixed.

bump for a pretty usefull old post
    The Incredible Leet Wanderer "Rika572" - Traveler (4) Tactician (4)
    The Cabbage Masochist "Beefyheart" - Scout (1)
    "Bella502" - Sniper (4) Tactician (4)
    Miss Murder "Aunia" - Suppressor (2)

SAY APPLESAUCE!
    The Incredible Alappaa Superior Icy Shoulderpads shop on RK2!

Yeah. Bump from me as well.

Oh wait, its rooted.

You made my lose my last today's bump!

pfft...its still usefull...so bump it again :O...even though it aint moving....bet its all your fualt >.<
    The Incredible Leet Wanderer "Rika572" - Traveler (4) Tactician (4)
    The Cabbage Masochist "Beefyheart" - Scout (1)
    "Bella502" - Sniper (4) Tactician (4)
    Miss Murder "Aunia" - Suppressor (2)

SAY APPLESAUCE!
    The Incredible Alappaa Superior Icy Shoulderpads shop on RK2!

"Auno Implant Designer gives wrong reqs and mods, so it is not recommended."
    Afaik the only errors is with regard to Jobe clusters, and then it give too low reqs, but not wrong type.
    Dismissing this useful and easily available tool on the basis of Jobe clusters alone is not fair or wise, imho.

Example:
    In a NCU / cost reduce / Intel ear is listed with Psychic as req. The error is with regards to the amount Treatment and Skill, in this case a 200 imp would need approx 464 psychic and 1005 treatment instead of 404/951. The error is greatest when there's more than one Jobe cluster, and if they are bright and/or shiny clusters. If only one bright Jobe is used, the req's are 414/1005 for 200 imps.

I find Implant designer easy to use and very practical, especially when building imps for others. The ability to save a setup and give a link to others is very valuable & helpful. Combine equipment configuration with implant builder, and most of your implant design needs should be met.

That's just my two cents...

I've said it before, but I'll say it again:
    Very nice and comprehensible guide, Muha.
    Last edited by Luziciona; Jul 1st, 2008 at 17:41:47.
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

implant designer calcs buffs from implants with +-3 error.
    So using auno equipment config is recommended for exact calculations.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12