Thread: Two suggestions (might have been brought up before)

Two suggestions (might have been brought up before)

1. When you side wins bs, all at your side gets the same vp points, thats not fair.
    All should get a base amount of vp+ a bonus for infact killing of your enemies

2. Best of the best bs. Really like a tournament, 16 players sign up, and 2 and 2 fight eachother to reclaim. Through semi-finals and final. And the winner gets a nice vp reward.
    One would have to make a mini version of bs offcourse, and the ncu gets cleaned on entry as in regular bs. wouldnt that be fun??? Skills for the thrills

Comment all you like, stfu if you are flameretarded.

if this has been brought up before, then nvm, but i couldnt find any, but didnt read all posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsor View Post
    1. When you side wins bs, all at your side gets the same vp points, thats not fair.
    Another way to screw the docs. Brilliant!

Oh hell... you are a doc... implement this NOW!
    No I will not buy Age of Conan. The list of reasons could fill a phone book...

The idea, was to implement something, so we actually get some kinda reward for pvp kills, not just a fancy nickname infront of our names( other games do this, and with great success)

So, no tournament either then?

How about the people actually claiming the points that lets you win? Or defending a point with others etc. Might not get many/any personal kills, but they certainly contributed to winning the BS.

its not a bad idea but it just wont work, the fact is you would need a system set up for people to play on the BS strictly for a "battle royale" concept. that alone is complicated in itself, i mean lets say hyopthetically 2 agents vs 2 enforcers, agents would be able to kill them so fast it would be an unbalanced system where stronger classes could easily fight the weaker classes it would make the experience not enjoyable, different yes but not practical. and dont even think it would be possible for the system to match classes with one another, too complicated and just not worth it. too many problems with this idea.

if your first idea were to work it would have to only factor in the total amount of kills each side had during the bs. it would seem like a plausible idea, only problem that will occur is actually keeping track of all those that die. maybe when you die and respawn it checks your side and adds that to the kill count.

i am not opposed to recieving a bonus for the amount of kills your side kills on a BS but i think BS doesn't need a reward system. the point system is fine as it is, back in the day one would have to do about 22 inf missions for 220, now you need like less then half of that, and to compare equations you would need about 18 bs for 1 ql300 ofab and its actually way faster to do a BS then a inf mish (back then).

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsor View Post
    I'm not sure that this statement regardng the current VP reward system is true. In all of the BS that I've gone to, I have gotten a diff number of VP for wins than others that I was talking to or teamed with (I generally go on a 215 or 218 char whereas my friends are 220). It seems to somehow scale your VP reward with your level.

That being said, I agree with the poster that stated that this would be unfair to docs (and other support classes). For instance, when I play on my fixer I spend more time spamming roots (that allow other people to kill enemies) than I do shooting at the enemy myself. Same with spamming evade debuffs on enemies and hots/dmg buffs on fellow clanners. My dmg pretty much is not that great (in my opinion) in comparison to people's evades so it seems that I help my faction the most by supporting the actions of those that can hit through the enemies evades when I cannot. If you start rewarding based on # of pvp kills then it'll just promote people to work as individuals rather than as a faction. I'm pretty sure that's not the intention of battlestations.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

It would help if you say why it's unfair. Everyone plays a role and it's not always being DD. Personally, I think it's perfectly fair that someone that chainroots or UBT's gets same VP as the person doing all the damage.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

basing bonus vp on how many kills you make would make it unfair for a lot of professions.. but probably doc's would get it the worse.. they dont have good alpha ability.. hell kills are far and few between..

but they do dot adn debuff the enemy and maybe throw a few heals your way making people who are doing the primary killing job easier..

the minute you start grading people on their performance and prioritizing jobs and rewards it's a slippery sloop.

just my personal opinion you're probably one of those people that thinks "with out me we never would have won" and want a bigger slice of VP for your "greatness"
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

***3v3 or 6v6 team deathmatch for core only would be some fun, and last man standings team gets points ditributed...there's gotta be a good use for that rediculous spiral ***

Ok, fine. Why not give everyone some VP for a kill? Still a team attitude, but still rewards you for PvP kills. Doc gets points, Enfo and Agent and Fixer and NT and Trader get points too. VP for all!
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.