Thread: Atlas of Rubi-Ka & Atlas of Shadowlands

hey onack!

I downloaded the AoRK and I keep getting error messages. I changed the pref to the one listed in the readme and I still get error messages.

Dont know what to do.. I tried using that AOskintool to extract it and it still wont work. Any advice?
    to err is human, but to really screw things up, requires a computer

If Chuck Norris has 5 dollars, and you have 5 dollars.. Chuck Norris has more money than you.

the version is 1.3.1

The only thing I saw in the readme was the alternate pref setting and that AO-skintool

If Chuck Norris has 5 dollars, and you have 5 dollars.. Chuck Norris has more money than you.

The map works!! Thanks so much for an awesome map!

Quote Originally Posted by Planeteer View Post
    The map works!! Thanks so much for an awesome map!
    Seonded. These maps absolutely roxxor. Thank you again
    Lukew
    neutral Third Faction

May the farce be with you.

The Ultimate YouTube Song-Off Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    <Q> /afk (I'm a keeper now)

Yup, have both, love them! One suggestion tho for the next version of AOSL, should you find it appropriate... I for one tend to get a bit lost in gardens looking for vendors or that mish guy, mostly in inf, but from ado on there are such... So would adding those dots on the map sound plausible? Nothing critical, I always find the dudes in the end but would make it easier for my orienteering.
    -Haloer

------
    Sepekeeper/Haloer/Missadvy, supporting our local Omni-Tek branch office.

For AoSL, do I just copy/paste into notepad and place it in PlanetMap folder?

Extract it to PlanetMap folder

Extract to this folder, not extract to AoSL_0.4

or just easier, read the readme.

Last day at work i got my prints i ordered earlier this month.
    Thanks to Tapir Trykk for printing them at low cost for me.

http://aork.flw.nu/images/aosl_wall.jpg
    http://aork.flw.nu/images/aork_wall.jpg

SL map is 1.7m in height and RK map is around 1.5m

Quote Originally Posted by onack View Post
    Last day at work i got my prints i ordered earlier this month.
    Thanks to Tapir Trykk for printing them at low cost for me.

http://aork.flw.nu/images/aosl_wall.jpg
    http://aork.flw.nu/images/aork_wall.jpg

SL map is 1.7m in height and RK map is around 1.5m
    OMFG!! I HAVE to get one of those!! Could I buy some from you?!

I'm uploading Shadowlands PNG and JPG of the largest layer and also updating RK image. So you others are able to print out if you want. I am currently not taking any orders, but im not saying i wont in the future. The cost(price of material and ink) of both those images was around 300 NOK together, directly converted thats 42$. But they are in very good print quality and paper. RK was printed in 1:1 but SL is way too high for that so SL is almost half size(else it would be over 3m in height and i dont have that high walls).

Excellent job. I hate to say anything negative but I have to say that I still use spheremap in general instead of AoSL simply because all the information (bosses, dungeons, incarnators) are presented at a lower level of zoom.

I did see you write somewhere that you didnt like the clutter but I find it impossibly annoying to zoom in so far at 1280 on a 22" monitor and find what I'm looking for over a 'larger' map. I assume you would run at 2k ish with a bigger monitor so it looks fine but I think I may be closer to the average setup, had a quick read through the thread but didnt catch anyone else complain so maybe its just me :/

I know its a big job to transfer and organise the info from the high zoom map to the lowest zoom but thought I'd throw it in.

What do you lack on outzoomed, having everything there just wouldnt fit, because i have alot more information than sphere. Dots without text for dynas?
    Myself is using 1600x1200 on a 20" monitor and running AO in windowed mode.

Btw im working on a portal to my maps.

Take a look at tell me what i lack, what could been better etc.

http://wt.demolish.nu/phpnuke/html/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by onack View Post
    What do you lack on outzoomed, having everything there just wouldnt fit, because i have alot more information than sphere. Dots without text for dynas?
    I believe that is what he meant, yep. Perhaps a second outzoomed layer with some, unmarked, information such as red dots for the dynas, blue dots for dungeons and so on... Then you'd just zoom in further for more information.

I personally have no major issues with having a slightly bigger map, most of the time I prefer it. But I can see that some people with lower resolutions might have a slightly harder time with all the information except for statue exits being "missing" from the outzoomed layer

Regardless.
    Bump for the best SL and RK map in town
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Isn't this already in AoSL?

Edit: Nevermind me. I was thinking of the non-outzoomed layer without text.
    Last edited by Demoder; Dec 28th, 2008 at 20:28:59.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

bump back to page 1
    Ra, ra, ra the bot,
    gently down the lag.
    Happily killing clammers,
    rezzing's such a drag.

Hongkong Phooy 220/27/70
    Codexier 60/6/14
    Whosgotammo 150/13/38

looked through the thread quite a bit for this, but couldn't find it. maybe i'm just too sleepy to see

i've been using aork since i first found out about it in one of the first releases, and i love it. same goes for aosl now. i just recently changed to it from sphere map. aosl map is so, well, pretty, heh. and very well put together. but i don't know if this problem is just effecting myself, or others/has been addressed.

for some reason, my map is off quite a bit in most of the zones. for example, i was just in inf killing dynas, and took this screenie. i circled where the map said i was in red, but circled where i actually was in white. the body of distracted snake tamer is laying right where it should be, and where i should be on the map screen.

this goes for all zones. ely and nasc are not out of place as much, but still just enough if you're following the map somewhere, you'll be a bit off. but as you can see with inf, it's reaaaallly far off, hehe.

i do not know if this is just me with this error, or if other people have it too? and if it is just me, can you possibly figure out why my map is so out of place? i love the map's details, coloring, and everything else. just difficult to use when it's off the mark :/

hopefully a solution can become of this, thanks!
    yar

It looks like your installation of the map is using the original xml.
    I'd suggest either trying to download the latest AoSL release, or using my patcher to fix it.
    Shameless of me to suggest my patcher, I know.

Download links for both can be found in Onacks original post, and on Onacks site, http://aomaps.com/
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast